Mobile without a car?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekling

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

Just wondering really, are any of you mobile who don't drive?

I only offer shellac mani/pedi, nail art, gel enhancement (will be soon anyway) spray tanning & children's glitter tattoo and princess parties. But I don't drive yet? I was looking into a room but most don't do by the day & I can only do a Saturday (part time office & college). Iv been getting everything prepared within marketing etc and have had a few enquiries but I'm wondering if it's a good idea to step it up abit, even before I don't yet drive myself? I'm relying on lifts atm xxx

Hello

I drive and couldn't imagine being mobile and not driving. However have you thought about offering treatments in your home. Do you have any space you could dedicate for treatment use? If you don't, do you know anyone who has a spare room they would lend / rent out to you for your saturday business?

The bus would be a nightmare with all your kit and I would imagine taxi's would just cost too much seriously lowering your profits x

That's how I started when I lived in London and it just wasn't worth it in the end.

So glad I passed my test :)

I do mobile tanning and it is hard!
I usually rely on family or my bf to take me to appointments I can't walk to.
Driving means more time for appointments, wider clientale and more money!

I have had loads of enquiries from people all over south london but can't get to them because I don't drive and I really believe I could make a decent living if I drove and did proper marketing etc and that's just tanning! Imagine hauling all that extra nail stuff around?!

Thanks for your replies guys! I'm doing my lessons at the moment so should be passed my test in around 2 months. I think I will just not advertise or anything for the moment! I have seen a little room to rent, and got an email reply this morning and I think she might let me have it! :) xxxx

Hi I agree you will find mobile extremely difficult with no car, its hard enough with a car!! When you are setting up a business you need to make sure you have all the equipment you need, and if you're mobile that includes a car. If you've only got a couple of months till you're driving then maybe spend that time preparing yourself, getting some leaflets printed etc, and maybe treating people from home if you've got the room

I've been mobile for over a year now without a car! It's possible. Not ideal or comfortable but possible.

I have a holdall on wheels that's a god send.

Doing my test (again!) in a couple of weeks -fingers crossed!

Thanks for your replies! I would love to set up at home, but there are 6 of us in my house and it just wouldnt be suitable.

Im hoping I will only be with-out a car a few more months as I am expecting to do my test soon!

Rio & Beauty - iv done mine twice now! I have a great instructor now though and I am hoping (praying) I will manage to get through it! Good luck on yours! :D

xxx

Thats how i started, a case on wheels. all local clients of course

Thanks! Like I say it will just be for a few more months! Hopefully not too long if I manage to get past my test! I already have a car, so it's just actually being able to drive it!!

I just want to get started really! On real clients and start building a clientele, I'm going to see a room this week, just to rent on a Saturday, but I still want to go mobile (mainly because I have over 600 business cards that say I'm mobile!! And it would be a shame to waste them!) but also because of the children's parties! Xxx

Latest posts

Back