Mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to ask your advice. I am thinking about going mobile, offering beauty/nail services and my question is.

I am a little nervous about going into people's house's (you dont know who they are) whats the best way to do mobile but do it safely??

thankyou

I do mobile nail services what i would normally do is write down where i am going and what time etc and let my hubby know. Most of the people are in the viallge that i live in so i havent really been that worreid to be honest.

How ever i am thinking of doing massage soon and at the college where i am being taught she says best just to go on recomendations and she never advertised.

Just have to be aware and have your witts about you but as yet i havent met any in savoury characters lol

jane xx

Hi
I do nails and beauty mobile and although it's early days i haven't had any problems.

A couple of things I do
  1. Take their home phone number
  2. Always tell my husband where I'm going and when to expect me back
  3. Always have a spare mobile phone tucked in my bag and switched on.
I do advertise but we live in a fairly small community so if I don't actually know the new client then I/hubby will have a good idea who they are.

The other thing actually is that I won't do male appointments. The only circumstance would be if it were the husband of a good friend and the friend were also at home.

Good luck.:hug:

Thanks for the replies, whats the best way to advertise safely?

thanks for any advice/tips that you can give.

Have a great week

Hello

What do you reckon is the best portable couch to use. Dont wont something heavy. Are those trolleys (that you can wheel your couch in) a good buy.

What are the best mobile treatments to offer?

And if you do hand/foot treatments, do you have a portable table/chair?

Whats the good buys and what not to bother with ?

Manythanks

Hi,

I have a few adverts on free advertising sites and my website, I always take a name and telephone number I usually get there a little early and check the house out from my car, I always leave the details with a member of the family and ask them to call me if they havent heard from me in an hour and a half ect. I would try and do some friends first then do friends of friends to become more confident
Laura

Thanks Laura,

Its abit difficult because, hubby is in the army and we move around alot, its a new area/new people every couple of years. So I dont have friends/family on my doorstep. So if I go mobile, its right from scratch.

thanks

Hiya
It is really nerve racking at the beginning hun, but you will find your feet and it will become easier i promise!!!
If you can leave details of where you are going with a friend/neighbour if the clients are new then thats a good idea.
I never do any treatments on males that I dont know so you can always add "ladies only" to your advertisements.
Advertise in local shops and on local noticeboards and that will keep your clientel reasonably close to home whilst you are getting started.
Find out where the local toddler groups/slimming clubs/exercise classes are and hand some leaflets to the organisers of the clubs. Im sure that they will be more than willing to give out some leaflets to their ladies especially if you offer them a discounted treatment for doing so.
If you are going to offer childrens/teens pamper parties make sure you advertise at local schools!
good luck, let me know how it all goes :hug:

When I first started - I would get someone to come with me for the first trt or 'drop me off' and come backfor me.

hi ya chuck ... i have done mobile a few times but a friend of mine is mobile always n most of the work is through word of mouth and at beauty home parties so it is safe from what she says but there is always that 1 chance that u will always get 1 head case ... xxx emily xx

Hello

What do you reckon is the best portable couch to use. Dont wont something heavy. Are those trolleys (that you can wheel your couch in) a good buy.

What are the best mobile treatments to offer?

And if you do hand/foot treatments, do you have a portable table/chair?

Whats the good buys and what not to bother with ?

Manythanks

If you do a search for "Portable Couch" or "mobile Couch" there are plenty of threads with recommendations for these.
Personally i have the REM Airlite which is 12kg. It was brilliant when i had to take it up a very small spiral staircase in a cottage this weekend!

I've been mobile for 6 years and never had a problem touch wood anyway! Just take their number down and call to confirm beforehand. You will get a feeling if something is not right with the client when they call.

Most of my clients are female so I have a chat with them briefly when they call to book in your appointment.

Hi,
I am wanting to go mobile, so I am finding this thread very helpful so far!
I bought a beauty couch a while back, it is "portable" but weighs a tonne!
It is a really nice bed, but I think I may have to invest in some wheels for it if I'm going to be carrying it around a lot.
A friend of mine went mobile for a while, and her clients started saying they could just do treatments on their beds.....but i dont think I would be comfortable with this, even if they are women, I dont want to be invading their space (plus it can make work harder for yourself!)

I am just generally worried about getting started! :rolleyes:
xxx

Latest posts

Back