Models required for semi-permanent make up in Milton Keynes area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrylips

Reaction score
Hi everyone

This is my first post so please be gentle with me! :lol:

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post... but here goes. I will be doing my Nouveau Contour training (semi permanent make up) in Milton Keynes in August and need models for the training. I am based in Yorkshire and would have gone for the Yorkshire location training except it doesn't coincide with my diary. Therefore, I would like to know whether any lovely ladies around or near Milton Keynes fancy free treatments. Type of treatment and days are as follows:

Wednesday 22 August:
Eyebrows @ 9.30am
Eyebrows @ 2.00pm

Thursday 23 August:
Eye liner @ 11.00am
Eye liner @ 2.00pm

Friday 24 August:
Lips @ 1.00pm

You can also have more than one treatment (up to 3 treatments). Please memo me if you are seriously interested... over 18 years old and not pregnant. I have been advised by Nouveau Contour to take a small deposit to ensure that people turn up... the deposit will be refunded when you turn up on the day... sorry if that is off-putting but I really need to make sure my models turn up or else I can't complete the training... also, I will need to post you the allergy test stuff before the treatment/ training dates. Many thanks for your help!! x

P.S. If this is in the wrong place please let me know or if the moderators wish to remove.

How 'supervised' will you be!!
I know we all have to learn.... but the thought of having a wonky eyebrow for 1+ years or getting jabbed in the eye :eek:

Seriously, I have always been interested in getting this done and MK is do-able for me, so I am interested.... but terrified!!

Hi everyone

This is my first post so please be gentle with me! :lol:

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post... but here goes. I will be doing my Nouveau Contour training (semi permanent make up) in Milton Keynes in August and need models for the training. I am based in Yorkshire and would have gone for the Yorkshire location training except it doesn't coincide with my diary. Therefore, I would like to know whether any lovely ladies around or near Milton Keynes fancy free treatments. Type of treatment and days are as follows:

Wednesday 22 August:
Eyebrows @ 9.30am
Eyebrows @ 2.00pm

Thursday 23 August:
Eye liner @ 11.00am
Eye liner @ 2.00pm

Friday 24 August:
Lips @ 1.00pm

You can also have more than one treatment (up to 3 treatments). Please memo me if you are seriously interested... over 18 years old and not pregnant. I have been advised by Nouveau Contour to take a small deposit to ensure that people turn up... the deposit will be refunded when you turn up on the day... sorry if that is off-putting but I really need to make sure my models turn up or else I can't complete the training... also, I will need to post you the allergy test stuff before the treatment/ training dates. Many thanks for your help!! x

P.S. If this is in the wrong place please let me know or if the moderators wish to remove.

Hi Gelly

To be honest, I am not sure how supervised I will be... however, I'm guessing that Nouveau Contour would not want their reputation to go down the pan from wayward eyebrows, eye liners and lip liners. I have been told that Karen Betts herself will be present as are other very experienced trainers for that week. When its something like permanent tattoo, regardless of whether it fades or not, I would have thought training courses will want to ensure that the correct procedures and line work is done up to standard... if anything I am more concerned that I may not have as much 'hands on approach' during the training... left to fend for myself after being qualified! :lol:

To be honest, I am an artist (I do a lot of line work in my art) who has also done freelance body tattoos so I feel confident in my own abilities... though I'm not asking you to take my word on it. :green: I was initially interested in doing the paramedical training (working with scars, etc..) but need to do the cosmetic training first as I like the challenge of working with blemishes, scar tissues, etc..

I hope that has alleviated some of your concerns in some way. x

A little!
Is it possible for me to speak with the tutor? So that I can find out exactly what to expect?

I've been qualified in Permanent Make Up for 7 years so if you need to know anything give me a shout!

Gelly, the tutor should be very hands on during the practical training, providing a lot of support for the student....pmu training should be pretty much 1-2-1 due the intense nature of the treatment

When i did my PMU training it was supervised 100% of the time on an 1 to 1. I wasn't allowed to do anything without being watched. However you as the model have to relax as it is very difficult doing PMU on a tense or "squinnying" client! I've been a model too for lipliner and 2 years later they still look fab. The lipliner and brows are drawn on first, and a lot of time is taken getting this right and the treatment will not proceed until you, the client, are 100% happy with it. Then when it is time for placing the pigment in the skin this is done slowly with very small movements following the lines already drawn on ( a bit like colouring in really!). With the eyeliner you follow the lashline. And with a company as well respected as Nouveau Contour I can only expect the standards will be incredibly high.

Good luck with your training hun, the thing that suprised me was the amount of colour theory, adn this is really the hardest part. But as an artist like me should find this a lot easier to grasp.

A little!
Is it possible for me to speak with the tutor? So that I can find out exactly what to expect?
Gotta be honest but I don't think they'd appreciate that and they reserve that for paying clients. A model on my course wanted all of her make up done but did nothing but moan. As I was about to start her eyeliner, she said to the trainer, "Actually, would you mind doing it as it's so close to my eyes", and the response was "Yes, if you'd like to pay the full price". I wouldn't worry about anything going wrong as the trainee is supervised. You are a model afterall and you get what you pay for.

Gotta be honest but I don't think they'd appreciate that and they reserve that for paying clients. A model on my course wanted all of her make up done but did nothing but moan. As I was about to start her eyeliner, she said to the trainer, "Actually, would you mind doing it as it's so close to my eyes", and the response was "Yes, if you'd like to pay the full price". I wouldn't worry about anything going wrong as the trainee is supervised. You are a model afterall and you get what you pay for.

Fair enough, but I only want to be told what to expect from the day - not to arrange special treatment from the tutor!

Yes, models have the treatment for free, but everything should be explained before hand........ you can't expect someone to shut up and lay there if they don't know what is going on!!

Someone who 'reserves the right' to a professional and informed service, for only those who are paying, is IMO not very professional.

Any model that I have ever used has been treated with care and respect. Without them, I would still be dreaming............

I personally wouldn't think of asking the tutor to carry out the treatment, if I agreed to model for someone I wouldn't back out at the last minute!............ Not unless they were about to do something that I hadn't been informed of.

Maybe just me? But I like the Info! :lol:

Fair enough, but I only want to be told what to expect from the day - not to arrange special treatment from the tutor!

Yes, models have the treatment for free, but everything should be explained before hand........ you can't expect someone to shut up and lay there if they don't know what is going on!!

Someone who 'reserves the right' to a professional and informed service, for only those who are paying, is IMO not very professional.

Any model that I have ever used has been treated with care and respect. Without them, I would still be dreaming............

I personally wouldn't think of asking the tutor to carry out the treatment, if I agreed to model for someone I wouldn't back out at the last minute!............ Not unless they were about to do something that I hadn't been informed of.

Maybe just me? But I like the Info! :lol:

Well hun, I volunteered because I had been looking to have this treatment, had found out all about it , and thought, great, I get to have it free. Its easy to find out all the details, I went to the web site and read it all for myself.
The only warning I would give to anyone is if you are thinking of having your lips done and you suffer from cold sores, even if you havn't had any for a few months then you need to use a cold sore treatment daily for a couple of weeks before the day other wise you risk having your whole lip area break out with sores and when they finaly heal you could find that the makeup didn't take, which is more then a little bit irritating :irked: That said now I'm better informed I would love to have my lips done again if you're still looking? I think Angel fingers might be interested in the eye liner, I will PM her and draw her attention to this thread:hug:

OOOO I feel a geek meet coming on!!

Sorry Gelly, I should have explained that normal procedure is that everything will be explained fully on the day. You'll have loads of forms to fill in and a full consultation will be carried out. Wasn't implying that you were after special treatment.

Sorry Gelly, I should have explained that normal procedure is that everything will be explained fully on the day. You'll have loads of forms to fill in and a full consultation will be carried out. Wasn't implying that you were after special treatment.
:hug:You know I luvs ya!:hug:

Ive volunteered as well , as not too far away and quite looking forward to it. Its something that has interested me in a while so will be good to see the full ins and outs.

i would have volunteered for anything flower, but im too far from you, but good luck on your course, im sure youll do great, and the models will come away feeling wonderful

Hiya
Congratilations and we welcome you to the PMU geek world

Nouveau Contour
How many are going to be in your class?
I thought they supplied the models for you?

when i trained(not with nouveau) i was supplied loads of models and opted for 1 to 1 training..they gave me the option to go to London or for them to come to me(which is fantastic if you have your own salon no travel)

i guess all companys have a different set up

good luck with all that you do and i wish you well

it will be sooo nice to have another PMU GEEK:hug:

take care good luck..and keep us posted and posted and posted

jenx
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

Wow!!... many thanks for the interest and replies!! Where do I begin? :lol: .... well, when I enlisted onto the course I did ask that if I had to get my own models would they be willing to answer any queries they (the models) may have as well as to verify my trainee status (especially if I had to ask for a refundable deposit)... to which they replied that is fine. The Nouveau Contour number is: 0845 644 3994 ext 20 or 21 (for training enquiries)... I think it is usually Lucy or Jody who answers that extension line.

As for why I had to get my own models?... I'm not sure but it would seem standard practice when enrolling for the London training location... or so I was told. If my diary and the Yorkshire location dates worked then I wouldn't have had to get my own models as they apparently supply them. The intake is a maximum of 8 trainees with at least 4 trainers present at any one time... so I guess, if my maths don't fail me now, that would be one trainer for every 2 trainees... one trainer sandwiched between the shoulders of 2 trainees. :green:

The procedure is done with topical anaesthetics so as to numb the area... also, as Sassy says the area is drawn on first before any pigmentation is carried out as the recipient must be happy with the pencil drawing first... if not, then it is rubbed off or made bolder according to the recipients wishes. Obviously, as Brow Queen says... the fact that the treatments are free and in a training environment you may not be able to voice that many particulars... that being said, recipients wishes and concerns will be taken into consideration but within reason as indicated.

Hope that answers most questions... if not, then please let me know.... and Many Thanks for the lovely warm welcome!! x :hug:

Hi Cherrylips!welcome!!:hug: I would love to do it.I live about half an hour away and am free on these 3 dates.I will have anything!! samxx:lol:

Yay - we have confirmed for Eyebrows at 2pm

Can't wait!!!

Thanks everyone!

If you would like to be on reserve then please let me know as I'm sure other trainees might need models too, especially if some models have a habit of dropping out at the last minute. By the way, in case anyone else is worried about the deposit system... it really is only a security measure nothing else. I have spoken to Nouveau Contour (prompted by someone here who had concerns.. and rightly so!) this morning to come up with a better system to manage the deposits... the cheque for the deposit is made out to Nouveau Contour Ltd and not to me... however, it will be posted to me so that I can keep it and give it back to you when you turn up on the day.

At the end of the day, my course is now non-refundable and I desperately need to make sure that models turn up when they say they will so I can complete my training... I'm sure you have all experienced this in some shape or form with your own particular industry and when training. I know I'm a newbie here, but I hope to be able to make worthwhile contributions to the threads or maybe just to share with the 'moans and groans' of our industry.... though I think h & h would be better (hugs and humour). :lol: :lol:

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back