Money saving motivation thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boyfriend and I are going to new york next month so we've been saving for spends for that, now that it's paid off. We're also saving for a house deposit which is going to take forever and seems impossible. We'll get there! o_O

Yes, it does seem like that. Finally bought our house in June. So worth it! Now I have caught the gardening bug!

I have a terrible addiction to buying shoes and clothes! I can't help it, this month I have spent £500 on clothes, and I really cannot afford it. I keep taking money out of my savings and I just need to stop :( I honestly need help hehe! But if I don't buy new clothes, I feel rubbish. I just want to save for things like holidays instead of bunging them on my credit card! I have £3k outstanding on that as well and I don't want it to mount up! And I know my card details off by heart so no use leaving the card at home (besides there's Apple pay these days)! I would feel so good having money left over in my bank account on payday but that rarely happens! xxx

Yeah agree can't take it with you but can spend it on lovely holidays a nice car etc once you saved it.
I don't spend a lot on my self as I spend my life in my work clothes pjs gym clothes or horse riding clothes. However if I go out I do like to buy a new dress but this is not every week.

I have my own house with my husband we recently got a water meter put in this has halfed our monthly water bill. Got our home insurance down from £400 to £215 by just comparing loads of insurance providers online. Told Sky we were going to go to virgin got them down from £112 to £56per month. Found by getting Netflix n sky movies in we don't go to pictures as much as was spending £50odd a week going for food and pictures.

In business I do my stock every month on VAT free days. Wod love to know what others do in business to, too save money?

Latest posts

Back