Money saving tips for the house?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freecycle!

A brilliant way to get rid of stuff that's too good for landfill, not enough to sell, but could be of use to someone. I got my salon worktop for free from Freecycle!
Another vote for charity shops here too. My husband's entire work wardrobe comprises shirts and trousers from our local one. Brand new YSL shirt for £4.25, brand new M & S chinos for £3.50.

Walk up and down the street till you find someone with unsecured wi fi and use their connection so you dont have to get your own.

IM JOKING :)

I've just been promised a brand new Senseo machine for my salon courtesy of Freecycle too!

* Using money saving sites, greasypalm is the one i use most.
* Collecting vouchers, looking for money saving offers and buy one get one free's on things that won't go off too quick, buying often used items in bulk
* Cancelling unused subscriptions for magazines, websites etc oh and cancelling the unused gym memberships as well and walking the dog more instead
* If you shop online OR would use a shopping list then shop through mysupermarket.co.uk it compares what your buying with the same or equivilent products from Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda &
Ocado (depending whats in your area) and works out which place is cheapest for what your buying and also gives you further suggestions on how to save even more money by choosing cheaper alternatives within the supermarket your shopping with or it can show you alternatives that are healthier for you as well. It also points out if there are offers you've missed. It's great, you can either shop for a home delivery or print your list out so that you can shop in store.
* Asking for favourite high end products as gifts ie for xmas instead of buying lots of little presents for ruth i bought her what i knew she'd like which was £50's worth of MAC and also did the same for me so we each had £50's worth of new MAC products and because we share our make up anyway then we have even more to play with. Also for ruth's birthday which has just gone one of the things i got her was to restock her l'occitane shampoo & conditioner and also treat her to some shower gel as well (plus i ordered it when they had a special offer on and so i ended up with the new cherry blossom mini gift set for myself ordering when there is offers on is another way to save money/get something extra for yourself).
* Looking for stuff for presents during the sale's, this year i saved £20 (half price) by buying my nephew a dr who tardis playset in the jan sales for his birthday last week and also got a baby push along/ride on thomas the tank engine for £10 instead of £20 for my friends little girl (whom i've claimed as a neice lol) who will be 1yr old in sept, savings like that soon add up and means you can buy the bigger items/pressies but for less money.

dont you just love that word...........

FREE

i shop at asda and also morrisons - boggoff -i look out for those babieas, i end up with a months shopping and cant do owt with it, but its free so who cares:lol:
:hug:

go shopping with a friend and get all the BOGOF goods and your shopping costs only half as much!!

Latest posts

Back