Monitoring recommend a friend schemes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hello All!

I have recently introduced a recommend a friend scheme were both new and existing client get 20% off their treatments.

My question is, given that am a paper based and not computerised salon, how do you keep on top of this and monitor it well?

I have just a had a few people book in on it and I want to be sure I save myself any problems. Do you keep the RAF card with the clients record card pr write next to their next appointment?

I can just see me having a few issues with forgetting it, client saying they have not used their discount etc!

Any advice gladly received.

Zooks

I've always been a bit worried about the hassle of this.

My friend works in a salon and this is what they do. They have an A5 card with logo etc. On the front goes the friends name and on the back goes the existing clients name. The existing client gives the whole card to the friend. The friend brings it in and gets a 20% discount there and then, so they are sorted. In a 5 minute gap you stick a 20%voucher into an envelope and send to existing client who has to bring it in to receive discount.
I have a computer system but I like the simplicity of this. We also have a pile of very attractive 20% discount vouchers that we occasionally give as a thank you to clients and lovely thick cream envelopes so add a stamp and good to go!

Always nice to receive something in the post as well.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd do a 2 part form
Friend brig in one half and get discount
You make a note on a sheet of paper that they've been in and who recommended
Client brings in there's you check your paper that the friend came in
Cross it off and give the discount to existing client

Thanks Geeks.

Mine are just business card shaped. I don't know whether to give it back to the new client with a stamp on it to pass on to the existing client??

Or is that too much?!

I think it all depends on how often then see the friend for that to work
Have you already printed? Maybe they could rip it in half? Or just make a note on the clients record card so you see it next time they're in and thank them? Or send a text once they've been in saying thanks for recommending bring this text to your next appointment to enjoy 20% off then text another follow up hoping they enjoyed there treatment and my to forget the more they recommend the more discount they receive

We do £20 off per recommendation (minimum spend £30) a client may build up five or six recommendations between clients entitling them to a free colour cut and Blowdry

I think it all depends on how often then see the friend for that to work
Have you already printed? Maybe they could rip it in half? Or just make a note on the clients record card so you see it next time they're in and thank them? Or send a text once they've been in saying thanks for recommending bring this text to your next appointment to enjoy 20% off then text another follow up hoping they enjoyed there treatment and my to forget the more they recommend the more discount they receive

We do £20 off per recommendation (minimum spend £30) a client may build up five or six recommendations between clients entitling them to a free colour cut and Blowdry

Yep they are already printed!

They can only use one card per visit but they can recommend as many as they wish.

Oh how to track it. I may have to see how it plays out!

Good luck hun xx

just wondering when doing this the exsisting client is the only one that gets the discount Not the new client as well? So then this would encourage the new client to then find someone else as well?

Hi Beautybyp

They work in lots of different ways, you can decide what you want to offer.

My cards are valid for one use, and both the new and the existing client get the same 20% discount. I just wanted to keep it simple. Clients can have as many cards as they like but won't receive the discount until the card is brought in by the new client and payment is made for treatment.

I give existing client refer a friend card with their name and ph number on it. They give to a friend who brings it in to their appointment to give to me. It already has the referring persons name and number on it so I shoot them off a text saying thank you, you have a discount waiting to be claimed then I paper clip the refer a friend card to their consult card (and also note down on consult card in red pen in case card gets lost, but so far this has never happened). When the referring person next comes in the card is there on their consult card to remind me to discount their treatment. I note on consult card in red refer a friend discount was used, usually I then tear it up and throw out but if its in good nick you could give it back to them to pass on to someone else.

Thanks Bare Beauty.

Effectively this is what I have ended up doing, it's working so far!

Latest posts

Back