Monomer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simona

Reaction score
Is it a must not to mix monomer. FOr example when finished a client and have some monomer left in jar i cannot add new in for next client????

best not too. you don't wanna contaminate!

Last week i did it a couple of times and 2 of my clients not knowing of course called me today and told me that there nails fell of. Could that have anything to do with it??

do you put a lid on the dappen dish?

if not there could be dust and all kinds in it.

also, although we all try to keep our brushes spankingly clean whilst performing enhancements, sometimes you will notice, if using white powder for example, the monomer going a bit murky, as the colour pigment infiltrates the liquid, because the ratio is too wet. when i first started i used to have this happen all the time, and i've been to places to have my nails done where a supposidly experienced tec does it.

we clean our brushes in a little fresh monomer when we have finished we wouldn't use the used monomer. so why use it on some one else?:)

basically, it is used and will prevent the other persons enhancements from adhering. i know plenty of places do it though, they just stick a lid on it and leave it.

hell, im only just qualified:o , but this was something drummed into us! I dunno, someone else may say its fine to top it up. I suppose though you are told never to pour it back into the bottle because you will contaminate a whole bottle, so, i suppose it would be the same as topping up.

hark at me going on an on and on! LOL:biggrin:

Simona said:
Is it a must not to mix monomer. FOr example when finished a client and have some monomer left in jar i cannot add new in for next client????

This really depends on whether the 'next' client is due in 5 minutes or next week sometime!!

It also depends on how much powder you 'rinse' off into our liquid! It is easy to tell if your liquid is getting full of polymer because it does not pick up on the brush the same, and your brush will feel 'heavy' and gooey as well. IF THIS IS HAPPENING TO YOU, THEN CHANGE THE MONOMER IN YOUR DISH.

If you are working all day every day at the correct mix ratio then you can finish the monomer in the dish and just add new as you go along.

I always work with 2 dappen dishes of monomer. One for white and one for pink. The amount of titanium in the white makes it impossible (even at the correct mix ratio) not to rinse some of it off into the liquid. Work with small amounts and refresh as needed. This will cut down on any waste ... it is expensive stuff to waste.

geeg said:
I always work with 2 dappen dishes of monomer. One for white and one for pink. The amount of titanium in the white makes it impossible (even at the correct mix ratio) not to rinse some of it off into the liquid. Work with small amounts and refresh as needed. This will cut down on any waste ... it is expensive stuff to waste.
I have to say when i first learned L&P i always put alot of monomer in my dappen dish and obviously found i would throw away a quite abit, but now i'm used to what i need, i only put a small amount in my dish, then refresh when needed. I always use a dry lint free wipe to clean my dappen dish in between refills, which definately helps with contamination.

geeg said:

Wow what invaluable advice I will try this on my next set - I have always found this with my white and nnot with the pink I understood why it happened but never thought of this..thanks Geeg

geeg said:
glad you mentioned this, when i asked my (first) tutor, she said i was the only person she had ever heard of that this happened too. (she was quite a rude un-helpful person) so i asked how to prevent it and she told me to do what most normal people do, airbrush the french on to natural looking enhancements, because that is what she does.

Latest posts

Back