Moral Dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saucygirl

Reaction score
I've had something bothering me, and I feel a bit upset.

I've be filing through my MSDS sheets and re-reading them, and what I guess I just didn't pay attention to at first, has gotten my deepest attention now.

I am soooo against animal testing, and it appears that most of my products have, indeed, been tested on animals. It says so right there on the MSDS. I feel guilty that I neglected to see that before, but now I just don't know what my options are.

Now what?

I am using INM, and the glue, the primer, the monomer and the powder all have been tested on animals.

Please tell me that there are products out there that support my beliefs of ethical animal treatment! Can all my fellow geeks offer some sort of guidance?

Thanks guys.

CND do not test on animals :!: I don't know about others but hth's

:eek: I hope your right, that CND don't ! i feel strongly about that too, im gonna double check. Never thought about that !

It depends how far you want to take this belief. Obviously there are many companies that do not test their own products on animals and they are to be applauded.

But....many nail products are created from man made ingredients. At some stage during the creation and testing of individual and formulated ingredients they will have been tested on animals. How do you think all the solvents used in nail products have been approved for use on human skin?

i always wondered about the hairs in my brush. do they just shave them from the animal or ... :(?

oy what a relief!

y'know, i have a cat thats about due for a butt cut (shes long-haired) if some of the cheaper brush companies need some bristles. LOL china has no probs passing maine coon hair off as sable so hey, why not give it a try? :green:
theres plenty on the back of my furniture and pantlegs that can be gathered painlessly, too!

havent read all this thread, but im sure cnd dont test on animals

i dont like animal cruelty either flower - my mother and grandmother always taught me "dont trust anyone that are cruel to animals"

Hmm, I hadn't even considered the brush aspect of my kit.

Bummer. One more thing to fret about.

Thanks guys, for all the input, I'll have to weigh all the options now. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Aha!
Clarite by OPI is NOT tested on animals.

Woo Hoo!

strongly against animal cruelty me ... :irked: glad i clicked on this thread as i didn't think on the subject glad the products i use like opi and cnd are not tested on animals....phew

opi's products aren't tested on animals as far as I know.

as for your bush...

boo I love mine n for once couldn't care less! sorry.

Latest posts

Back