Moral issues!! x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilly Ann

Sweetie Geekie
Reaction score
Hello!! Me again! Sorry for all my posts recently lol!

I have a bit of a moral dilemma going on at the moment and needed some geeky opinions!

As some of you may know I split with my boyfriend in September as he was a bit of an ass. I still see him and we still talk but nothing is going on at all! We are just friends!
Now, it would appear that his best friend has taken a bit of a shine to me! He is a lovely guy, really good job, brand new car and house etc, we get on really well!
I went for tea as friend on Wednesday night and had a really nice night!
Now he keeps texting me and calling me, he says he can't stop thinking about me and stuff!! He wants me to go round to his tonight!
What should I do? Is it really wrong cos he is si's best pal?!?! What would you guys do? I feel really bad about it and nothing has even happened!!
Thanks geeks!!! xx

Tilly Ann said:
Hello!! Me again! Sorry for all my posts recently lol!

I have a bit of a moral dilemma going on at the moment and needed some geeky opinions!

As some of you may know I split with my boyfriend in September as he was a bit of an ass. I still see him and we still talk but nothing is going on at all! We are just friends!
Now, it would appear that his best friend has taken a bit of a shine to me! He is a lovely guy, really good job, brand new car and house etc, we get on really well!
I went for tea as friend on Wednesday night and had a really nice night!
Now he keeps texting me and calling me, he says he can't stop thinking about me and stuff!! He wants me to go round to his tonight!
What should I do? Is it really wrong cos he is si's best pal?!?! What would you guys do? I feel really bad about it and nothing has even happened!!
Thanks geeks!!! xx

Do whatever makes you happy chick x x x

Difficult one this! I agree you should make yourself happy & if you have both split on good terms, then hopefully your ex will be happy for you whom ever you choose to see.

HTH's

Wow - hard one,
Do you think your ex would worry about you if it was one of your mates?? or just go for it??
IMO If you like him you should go for it cos lifes too short!!

I agree that it would be nice for you to be happy, But I do think his best mate may not be the best option for you. Because if you go out with this bloke your ex may decide to put a spanner in the works and try and cause trouble for you. Not sure on what to advise perhaps have a few dates but agree not to tell your ex for a while until you've built up a good relationship.

If you like him then go for it :D

He is your ex's mate and it's up to him to deal with your ex, you have no obligation to do anything, you're not together anymore, you don't have to have his approval.

If however you feel more comfortable by telling your ex then do it sooner rather than later - and tell him, don't ask for permission, it's your life to live how you wish.

Go for it - life is too short :D

Maybe ask your ex if he would have a problem with you hooking up with his mate, since you still are friends. You dont have to tell him that his best mate is making a move already. You could see how he reacts and then make a decision from there.
xxxx:Love:

Hi Hun,

You know I will tell you the truth!

Go for it!

Si took the mickey out of you and still told his sister you were still together even when you weren't so he didn't have to tell his family.

You are stunning, such a nice person and a nice guy like this desereves you.

After going through what I did with Richard and then meeting Chris - one thing I have learnt is that when something/someone special comes along then you gotta grab it with both hands. The chance may never arise again.

Get round there chick x x x x x

Fingertips ND said:
Hi Hun,

You know I will tell you the truth!

Go for it!

Si took the mickey out of you and still told his sister you were still together even when you weren't so he didn't have to tell his family.

You are stunning, such a nice person and a nice guy like this desereves you.

After going through what I did with Richard and then meeting Chris - one thing I have learnt is that when something/someone special comes along then you gotta grab it with both hands. The chance may never arise again.

Get round there chick x x x x x

Sorry to crash your thread Tilly Ann

Vicky - Is Chris the chap you met at a friends barbeque and was umming and aahhing over meeting up with? Are you two a couple now and it's all lovely and rosy? I love a happy ending :Love:

He is Tina!

We went out a couple of months ago to a party and have been together since!

It is still early days but he has already told me he has 'found the one' and wants me to move in!

He sent me another huge bunch of flowers to work on Wednesday and he wants to take me away this weekend!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

Thats great hunny!!!!!
Can we see a pic please? xx

Thanks for the advice ladies!! Still no idea though!

Hiya!

Your ex is your ex for a reason, and so now you should just concentrate on what makes you happy! This guy may turn out to be the best ever and so dont be filled with regret because you were worried about hurting other people's feelings!

If you're ex is a good friend then he should understand!

Good luck!!

if u like this bloke then give it a go - i would!! if ur ex boyfriend is still mates with u then he should want (as a mate) whats best for you and if that means u going out with his mate then he should be happy for u - if he isn't or can't accept it then its prob cos he's still got feelings for you.

although i wouldnt take any notice of me cos i am the UNLUCKIEST girl in the world when it comes to men and relationships - so just do what feels right for you! xx

Fingertips ND said:
He is Tina!

We went out a couple of months ago to a party and have been together since!

It is still early days but he has already told me he has 'found the one' and wants me to move in!

He sent me another huge bunch of flowers to work on Wednesday and he wants to take me away this weekend!

ooh thats great news!! xx

Tilly Ann I feel for you as I am too in the same boat but seriously you have to think of yourself, do what makes you happy...would your ex be thinking of you if he where in your shoes?? :wink2:

Why is advise easy to give but hard to take :irked:

Tilly Ann said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

Thats great hunny!!!!!
Can we see a pic please? xx

Thanks for the advice ladies!! Still no idea though!

A pic of him?

Don't think I have one but i'll try and find one!

Awww hun!! it's awful isn't! What are you deciding for yours?
Helencad said:
Tilly Ann I feel for you as I am too in the same boat but seriously you have to think of yourself, do what makes you happy...would your ex be thinking of you if he where in your shoes?? :wink2:

Why is advise easy to give but hard to take :irked:

Hi Kirsten,

hmmm a difficult one, it really does depend on how your ex would take it really and could it be a bit close to comfort between ex and best mate and you, it could cause problems between the two of them?!?
when ever i have a problem like this i always turn it round to see how i would be a about it, would you mind your best mate going out with your ex??

i think you just have to go with your heart..or is it your head!?!

i would ask your mate seeing as your friends with him and take it from there, maybe just drop a few hints to start with.

Good Luck in whatever you decide

xx

Tilly Ann said:
Awww hun!! it's awful isn't! What are you deciding for yours?

Well mine is abit further down the line. I got with the 'friend' and I didnt bother or even thinking about speaking to my ex first as we wasn't on speaking grounds but now my Ex wants me back and now I dont know which one!!! :rolleyes: :confused:

If things are COMPLETELY over between you and your ex then think of yourself and if he makes you happy and gives you 'butterflies' in your belly then im sure he will make you very happy :wink2:

Kirsten you are beautiful - not just looks but personality aswell!

You need someone that is gonna make you happy and treat you like a princess and this guy seems to fit the bill!

Go for it hun and don't let Si hold you back!

Latest posts

Back