more ebay nail sales

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
Just found some Star nails nail products for sale on ebay. After the list of items it says:

Ideal for home use for yourself and your friends to have gorgeous looking nails.

Why pay stupid high street manicure prices when it's so easy to do it yourself.

Is it me being sensitive or does this rustle anyone elses feathers?

Hi Ella, yeah it does get on my nerves too, I always insist on proof of qualifications if I sell anything on ebay, but to be honest how many people who don't have the experience or training are going to do their own nails for any length of time before either giving up or getting educated themselves (like I did!) It does annoy me though when I see things for sale for stupid prices, people being v.greedy! Jxx

Yes it does get my goat :pig: (Nearest I could find!!!!)

Is there nothing that can be done to stop this? It is not only places like e-bay but this likes of Sallys where anyone can go in and buy any professional equipment or supplies. There is a Sallys in Hounslow High St and anyone can walk in, you don't need an account, no proof of profession ect.

Until places like this INSIST on seeing some qualification before you can purchase how can you stop the likes of e-bay customers selling the stuff? :huh:

Nikki said:
Yes it does get my goat :pig: (Nearest I could find!!!!)

Is there nothing that can be done to stop this? It is not only places like e-bay but this likes of Sallys where anyone can go in and buy any professional equipment or supplies. There is a Sallys in Hounslow High St and anyone can walk in, you don't need an account, no proof of profession ect.

Until places like this INSIST on seeing some qualification before you can purchase how can you stop the likes of e-bay customers selling the stuff? :huh:

I know this is an old post but i sooooooooo agree. We have a sallys near us and its a nightmare, the ammount of times i have rung them and had a go for selling proff products especially hair colours and bleach to the public well i have lost count. They always deny it ofcourse so i have withdrawn my account with them and i take my business elsewear until they act in a more proffesional manner ooooooh it makes me mad!!!!!!!!

Proffesional stock should be kept that way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sallys has been like this for the 20 years I have had dealings with them.

Girls and boys, we all know it is not that easy ... stop worrying about it and focus on your own business, which has grown for the past 20 years despìte Sallys selling to the public and ebay. Your business is not going to suffer.

Your right geeg i try not to get mad anymore!!!!!!!!!
think i need therapy, you know when something just reallly winds you up?

am calm , am calm, am calm,
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Little Angel said:
Your right geeg i try not to get mad anymore!!!!!!!!!
think i need therapy, you know when something just reallly winds you up.

I confess it used to wind me up too :mad: , but now I can't be bothered with it cause it makes no difference and only takes your focus away from the important stuff.

There will always be ladies who go for the cheap end because maybe that's all they genuinely can afford. BUT ...when they can afford professional nails, where are they going to go ... YOU.

There are enough ladies out there that want quality and service to keep us all busy!! :)

Totally agree with Geeg on this one :)
My saying is why have cava when you can have champagne :lol:
Same applys to nice nails done professionally.

Hee Hee had to reply to this one Lesley.... For years I drank Bolly, every friday I'd get out my bottle of Bolly and guzzle the lot, it was my special treat, now at £30 a bottle it's not the cheapest treat in the world but one weekend my other half played a trick on me and poured me Cava instead and do you know what??? I couldn't tell the difference! Apart from the £25 I saved each week which in November last year bought us both a lovely holiday in the sun! Jx

Well Jo Jo it was only meant to mean, Why go for cheap things when you can have the best :|
I can tell the differance between home done nails or ones done by a professional :)
And i am sure that wine experts can tell the difference between cava and champagne. Point made :cool:

O dear! :rolleyes: Something purely meant for banter taken far too seriously. I think alot of people are getting far too precious about 'home done nails', I did my own for about 10 years before going professional and it taught me alot about the right and wrong way to do things, after about 5 years no-one and I mean no-one could tell the difference between my 'home done' nails and some from a professional nail tech, now I chose to get my qualifications out of interest to know I was doing things right and guess what... I was! It's not going to affect anyones business, you can buy wine from the supermarket but it doesn't put the pubs out of business does it! The only time I'd say it's not ethical for someone to buy products is if they have no idea how to use them and use them on someone other than themselves! and... as a point of interest did you know that real Champagne is only called Champagne as it is made from grapes from that part of France, anything else called Champagne or Cava or fizzy plonk is made in exactly the same way, just with grapes from somewhere maybe down the road, it's the difference between maybe a Gucci bag and one from a local leather shop, the leather is the same quality as is the design but one has a fancy logo on it for an extra £300! :lol:

Jo Jo said:
Hi Ella, yeah it does get on my nerves too, I always insist on proof of qualifications if I sell anything on ebay, but to be honest how many people who don't have the experience or training are going to do their own nails for any length of time before either giving up or getting educated themselves (like I did!) It does annoy me though when I see things for sale for stupid prices, people being v.greedy! Jxx

Think your last post doesnt quite tally with this one :confused:

geeg said:
I confess it used to wind me up too :mad: , but now I can't be bothered with it cause it makes no difference and only takes your focus away from the important stuff.

There will always be ladies who go for the cheap end because maybe that's all they genuinely can afford. BUT ...when they can afford professional nails, where are they going to go ... YOU.

There are enough ladies out there that want quality and service to keep us all busy!! :)
Nor can I .................
There is enough candy for all of us girls ............
Hey just in London we have an over 8 million population count..............
so there is plenty left over for me, even if most of them buy from ebay and do their own nails............
I have only got one nail station and one pair of hands..........

If it was unethical or dangerous yes I would be the first to shout...........
But hey there are some people out there who just love at playing being a nail tech.............. Let them, because I rather have the clients that choose me, because they want and can afford my professional hard trained for expertise.....
Nuff said from me lol ............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back