more help with fabric sculpting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debs

Reaction score
I have tried sculpting with fabric# but I end up with a ski jump nail. I am using Jemimas nails (my nail trainer) and the nails are pretty thick so I`m not sure if thats my problem, I tried not to press fibreglass onto edge of nail the second attempt only to get an airbubble in between fabric layers. I know ruth will know know what I`m doing wrong but if anyone else can help before she gets back from her hols it`d be great

Hi Debs,
Well Hun Jemima is there to mimic the human hand, so it's not the trainer... It's technique thats giving you this result.................

When you apply the first strip of Fibreglass you have to size it like a tip......this means, it should look like a floppy plastic extension, make sure you cut it to the right width, if it's cut to narrow , you could get the uplifting effect on the finished Sculpts.................

The Strip should follow the natural c-curve..........
After bonding and then applying the second strip of Silk it should look like a nice c-curved tip.......................

Cut the length of the strip just a bit longer then you want the finished tip to be.............

But also not applying the boost evenly can do that, if you make it bottom heavy, to much boost in zone 3, then the end effect will look, flat on top and thicker at the end near the free edge...............Therefor giving it the illusion of going up and not following the natural line, giving it the nice smooth curve..........
When applying the boost, brush it ........ side to centre and side to centre....this will give you the apex and line you are looking for.......

Hope this helps
love Ruth xxxx

mmmmm second thoughts just read your last post ruth and i bet i will get in a right state! if you dont hear anything from me for a few days :shock: ring for help as i will probly have managed to stick myself to the table lol!
is anyone doing fabric# sculpting at excel?
nickki jonesx

Hey Nicki if anyone is going to stick themselves to the table it`ll be me!!!!! more than likely by my eyelashes.......Thanks Ruth, I`ll give it a go, watch this space.....

Another way to ensure a good C-curve is to use a Performance Form just as you would do for L&P or gel sculpts.

Performance Forms are Teflon coated so they pop right off the finished nail leaving a lovely smooth underside to the extension.

I am using performance forms, its just not going a nice shape, i just keep getting a dip at the end of the free edge then the sculpted free edge starts praying

Hi ya Debs,
the forms will have to fit snug to the free edge.........

Shape the nail like you would prior to sculpting, nice tidy edges.........

Fit the forms so they butt to the edge snug, apply you Fibreglass, it will stick to the forms and so are held in place..................
If you get a dip then the form isn't fitted right ...............
you will have a gap and the weight of the resin will drag the fibreglass a bit down.....................

Then bond it again, this will weight the fibreglass down and follow the steps as explained in the tutorial.................
Make sure you take Bond, Build and Boost, right to the end of the fibreglass and your praying Fibreglass should stop praying and will follow the line of the form............
When you're done pop of the form from the nail, it will come of a dream and then shape, file and finish the nail.................
And there you have a great sculpted nail.........

Love Ruth xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back