More than White Prob?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi guys, i love the more than white and have found it to be the only thing i can get on with to do my smile lines and have used it non stop but on Saturday when i used it, its gone horribly thick and gloopy and is now a pain to work with, is there any way of thinning it down a bit??

Hi kells, just a thought, i used a cocktail stick to give it a good stir, which helped to thin it slightly, but have found you do need to shake it alot in between applications to keep it from going so gloopy. But i too would love to know if there is something that can be used to thin it down.

Hi Wendy thanks i havent been shaking it and will definately give it a stir tonight lol! but if anyone has any ways of thinning it down it would be appreciated as its a shame its so thick when its the only thing at the moment i can work with to create a reasonable good smile line x

Hey Kells: i think you should tell all your clients that it is now much more popular to have the nail natural ie. not pink & whites and then your (and my!) problems will be over, lol. ;)

if you try to agitate this try turning it upside down and rolling it between your hands rather than shaking...hope this helps

Fab Freak said:
if you try to agitate this try turning it upside down and rolling it between your hands rather than shaking...hope this helps
Hi Fab Freak thanks for the advice i do tend to do this with my normal nail polish so will give it ago x

Carole Lindsay said:
Hey Kells: i think you should tell all your clients that it is now much more popular to have the nail natural ie. not pink & whites and then your (and my!) problems will be over, lol. ;)
Yeah definately, i think i will be saying no more white, no more l&p, maybe gel but otherwise just the nail tip lol!! x

Carole Lindsay said:
Hey, thats my trick........I did that for a long while, anything to get out of doing pink and whites.......until I found Creative, I now don`t bat an eyelid

Debs said:
Hey, thats my trick........I did that for a long while, anything to get out of doing pink and whites.......until I found Creative, I now don`t bat an eyelid
Creative, Ezflow - makes no difference to me which product i use or how many tutorials i read, I still cant do 'em! I'm gonna see how i get on with a one2one with an Ezflow trainer in the area some time after the Excel show!

Have to say i am more confident with EZ Flow than with Star, the product for me is easier to work with. I am gonna attempt a set of L&P on myself tomorrow.:eek:

Ok so no answer on how to stop it being so thick and gloopy then? x

Just thought I would bump this back up as I have noticed the same thing with my More than White too......did you find a solution Kel?
I wont say its gone "horribly" thick, just less workable than before. I would welcome any advice as to what Ive done to it! :o
Thanks in advance!
:D

Hi Jacy Do you roll it in your hands upside down prior to application?

I have had mine about 8 months dont use it that much as most clients are L&P but used it the other day on a tip and dip application and it was okay?

How long you had yours...

Still takes skill & practice BUT I havent looked back since Creative either.... just works for me.....Best Wishes Jxxx

Hiya Lousie...yeah I usually do that prior to applying it....at first it was OK but it seems thicker than normal now. I have only had it around 4 months.

Dont get me wrong....its not gloopy and unpleasant and I can still work with it, but it just seems the last couple of times I have opted to use it I have found it to be a bit thick! :o
Perhaps a little more agitation is all thats needed......Ill give it some welly later!

Jacky said:
Just thought I would bump this back up as I have noticed the same thing with my More than White too......did you find a solution Kel?
I wont say its gone "horribly" thick, just less workable than before. I would welcome any advice as to what Ive done to it! :o
Thanks in advance!
:D
Hi Jacky, no i never found a solution to it and just stopped using it, i have ordered another one this week actually as i want to try it with the Extreme Powder Glaze but otherwise cant help you would love to know too though, just wondered if there was any sort of thinner for it? x x

Kellyc said:
Hi Jacky, no i never found a solution to it and just stopped using it, i have ordered another one this week actually as i want to try it with the Extreme Powder Glaze but otherwise cant help you would love to know too though, just wondered if there was any sort of thinner for it? x x
Kelly ring Designer Nails and ask them - i bet they come up with a solution or a preventative :hug:

I have not had to do this, but my solution would be to always have 2 bottles. One for using and one for topping the one you are using up should it get a little thick.

Make sure you always cap tightly and don't keep the brush out of the bottle for ages. MTW is a volatile mixture and that really can't be changed, or it would change the whole nature of the product. Follow the above advice and you can get over the problem. the product is not expensive so to have 2 bottles is not going to be a major problem for anyone.

Jessica polishes are the same and they advocate the same procedure. Have 2 bottles.

geeg said:
I have not had to do this, but my solution would be to always have 2 bottles. One for using and one for topping the one you are using up should it get a little thick.

Make sure you always cap tightly and don't keep the brush out of the bottle for ages. MTW is a volatile mixture and that really can't be changed, or it would change the whole nature of the product. Follow the above advice and you can get over the problem. the product is not expensive so to have 2 bottles is not going to be a major problem for anyone.

Jessica polishes are the same and they advocate the same procedure. Have 2 bottles.

A brilliant idea! Ill add another bottle to my order.
I must admit tho whilst waiting for my last client today I did have a little mad half hour agitation session with said bottle of More Than White and it does seem to have become a little more "fluid" again!
:o
Im still gettin another bottle!
xxx

Latest posts

Back