More Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

As you know I'm thinking of having some more training i've got two options I can train with creative (marco benito) who i've been told is the Daddy of nail techs or i can do a twelve week college course which is a vctc the college course is more convienent for me and covers a wider range as it includes manicure, pedicure, nail enhancments (all systems) nail art.

what do u think is the best option?

Has anyone done a vctc?

Hi,

I am doing a VCTC and so far have done manicures, pedicures, nail enhancements and waxing and at the moment I am doing facials. Even though I have completed my unit on nail enhancenments, we were shown using L & P and briefly covered sculpting I still feel I need more training in this area and will be taking more courses to improve my skills and knowledge. I will probably go with creative as well. I don't know what others feel about this but like I said even though I have finished my training I still feel like I have a lot to learn.
Anyway good luck in whatever you do, I am still glad that I am doing the course as I am training to be a beauty therapist as I want to be multi skilled.
Teresa

Hi jodie- ive done both and to be honest colleges can be so far behind with techniques and with creative you are guaranteed first class up to date, detailed training... Our (cheap) acrylic brushes were kept in a plastic bag with the foot rasp, files and blunt metal tools so as soon as anyone pulled them out their first reaction was to "play" with the brush head... I hope you already realise the importance of "loving" your brush- your most important tool...

Im sure lots of colleges are great but if you have the oportunity to train with an industry icon as marco benito then you,d be a fool not to really...

RAQUEL said:
Hi jodie- ive done both and to be honest colleges can be so far behind with techniques and with creative you are guaranteed first class up to date, detailed training... Our (cheap) acrylic brushes were kept in a plastic bag with the foot rasp, files and blunt metal tools so as soon as anyone pulled them out their first reaction was to "play" with the brush head... I hope you already realise the importance of "loving" your brush- your most important tool...

Im sure lots of colleges are great but if you have the oportunity to train with an industry icon as marco benito then you,d be a fool not to really...
I have to say, I did my VTCT Make-Up diplomas at college, and I must admit, we felt rather let down. The course is supposed to teach you to the standard to work in TV, film & theatre, but teachers advice conflicted, and most of the people wh really wanted to go on to work in the business were planning other training as we felt many things were left out. I certainly feel that although I am very competent to work on Joe public, i am unsure if I will ever get to work in media.

Also, our manicure tools were also thrown in a bag, very unhygienic, and I would NEVER use tools such as we used on each other on the general public. I'm sure if there ever was a claim, their insurers would laugh at them.

My opinion - go with Creative, NSI or EZ Flow. These seem to be the best, and Creative certainly get's most people's votes around here!

Hope that helps!:biggrin:

thanx guys i was 95./. sure i was going to go with creative but just wanted to check with you guys first still waiting for my info from creative it's been about 8 days .

Hi Jodie,

If you still haven't received your info from Creative phone them. Whenever I have asked for info it has only taken a couple of days!!

Latest posts

Back