More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jus replying so I can find this thread later!! Yay!!

Also replying so I can find the thread later on xxxxxx

Jus replying so I can find this thread later!! Yay!!

Also replying so I can find the thread later on xxxxxx

Hi Girls, if you want to find a thread at a later date, you just click on "thread tools" which is along the top bar of each thread, then when it drops down, click on "subscribe to thread" then it is saved, at a later date when you what to read the thread click on "other" on the very top (under the logo) then click on "subscribed threads" & there it will be stored. x

Hi

Lynne mentioned the Athena Network as a womens networking group. I went to a members meeting for my area and have to say I really enjoyed it. It's not cheap to join but I am going to give it a year. The idea is you network with other women in your group and they promote your business and you promote theirs. I have met a lovely group of pro active women. We have just organised a charity pamper night and have got all the health beauty and fitness companies within the group to get involved. I will let you know how it goes! I'm sure if you Google the Atena Network it will give you lots of blurb!

Sarah

I've found that I take more than my annual membership fee every month in revenue from Athena members, so it definitely works!

Hi Lynne

Hope your well.
I am just about to join the Athena Network in my area (I have been to a meeting already as a guest). The group is small and a year old with around 15-20 women. Just wondered whether you had any tips to give me on how to maximise my membership, networking tips, or how you did so well in promoting through the network?

The women are all great, and I am really looking forward to getting started!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Sarah

Good Idea!!

I might try giving the pub a voucher for something so they can raffle it. A good way to get yourself known xx

Hi I have been reading the thread and tried all the ideas on here they ate great although not had any response as yet. My business is very new and getting a bit disheartened as I am renting a room above a barbers in my local town. I have attached pics to show you all that I don't really have a shop front to speak of. I just need ideas of how to get noticed I have have people ask for price lists etc but not had any new clients. I think people don't even realise I'm there even though I have an A board I put out every day

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310056868.845413.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310056868.845413.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 712
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310057020.531899.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310057020.531899.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 713
hi darling, i was EXACTLY the same as this a few weeks ago!

I have just done a deal with kgb deals and it's literally turned it around! I got 129 massages sold at £12 in 1 week! When i was getting 0 bookings at £55!

Some people are very against it because they do knock off around 70% of your prices and think it's cheapening you and the industry, however, it gives people a chance to experience you, its you that sells aswell not just your treatments.

Through kgb customers, some have rebooked and told their friends etc. I would definitely give it a go! There's no initial cost, they just take 40%. It's definitely worth a try!!

Hi I have been reading the thread and tried all the ideas on here they ate great although not had any response as yet. My business is very new and getting a bit disheartened as I am renting a room above a barbers in my local town. I have attached pics to show you all that I don't really have a shop front to speak of. I just need ideas of how to get noticed I have have people ask for price lists etc but not had any new clients. I think people don't even realise I'm there even though I have an A board I put out every day

Hi my salon is also up stairs above a bank, new clients say all the time oh i never knew you were here i got a standby board outside at 1st i had a chalk board (as i couldnt afford anything else ) but it was so hard to get the writing to look correct on it so i looked on line and got a A1 size wind-proof board at a very good price got the local print to make me posters & also put some photos of the salon in it and it has made a big difference now and again i pop offers into it i also looked into these web deals but just dont see why i should work my butt off to give the money to someone else if i get a chance tomorrow i will take a photo of the outside to let you see :)

Good Idea!!

I might try giving the pub a voucher for something so they can raffle it. A good way to get yourself known xx

Good idea, I have just created a gift voucher for a football club so there can raffle it and I have had a few woman asking for voucher for birthday and christmas already. Just started in a salon and I am getting a good response already.
Jan x

Thanks guys I looked at these deals but i agree with 30sharon. I think I'm going to do more flyers balloons on my A board and try to get a display in the little window. I have kind of questioned myself about what im doing but the rent is so cheap £35 per week and that includes rates, electricity, music licence and use of broadband I just need 2 get my name out there and get noticed xxx

I have also given vouchers for local events raffle prizes but only had one redeemed so far she did spend an extra £15 though. X

I work from home so rely on other ways to promote myself!
Word of mouth is the best, but I also advertise with Yell.com and have just done Google ad words. They have both been good. Networking groups can be good too. I have just joined Athena Network (womens networking group) and although its early days, I know the group is a good one and will help me grow my business. The groups are all over the country so check for your local group.
Look back through Lynnes thread there are loads of ways to promote.

Don't lose heart, keep going it won't happen over night! I have given myself 5 years to develop my database and business at least! Trust yourself and keep motivated!!!

Sarah

Just replying to find later :)

Thanks Sarah are those the free listings? X

No they are paid ads but they do pay for themselves

Sarah

I am so sick of these calls! I also get the ones where your business is the exclusive one in an advertising magazine! Do they see us coming or something???

i have found that if i tell them i am so busy i couldnt take on more clients if i wanted too they just say great no problem and leave me alone, otherwise if u say ur not interested they just try to keep selling it too you... just a thought x

great thread, another to the list is netmums under services :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back