More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One way to find new clients is to join a beauty gift voucher scheme.

There are a few around currently but the one I know all about is Lavish, which is the business I run.

The way it works is that people and companies buy Lavish vouchers at Lavish - Luxury beauty and spa gift vouchers across the UK as gifts for friends and family or staff. The vouchers are then gift wrapped and sent out to the recipient who browses the portfolio of salons and spas that will accept Lavish vouchers, chooses where to spend the voucher and makes an appointment directly. After the treatment Lavish then refunds the salon or spa for the value of the voucher minus a commission. It's a great way to gain new clients which you can wow into become loyal regulars!

We have hundreds of wonderful spas and salons listed with Lavish and are always looking to expand our portfolio...

There is some really great ideas on here. I am a new business only been open about 6 months. Was thinking the other day if i had done the right thing in the current climite but you have really inspired me with your ideas. Going to get on with some of things right away. Especially the free listings as i am in a rual area with not much passing trade.

Thanks for give me the kick up the bum I needed.

Kirsty

:)

HI

I have been reading through your threads and love your ideas. Good luck.

Hiya

Just thought I'd add something to this - Im doing a sponsored wax in a couple of weeks time to raise funds for my little girls nursery and Ive got in touch with the local paper to see if they'd like to cover it! They are really interested! Plus its a bit of publicity for me and the nursery but gets my business name in the paper!! Im planning on doing a small paid ad in there on the same day they run the article (think it'll cost me £36 + VAT) so hopefully will get something from that too!

I noticed a lot of you have done sponsored waxing etc. so just thought this could be a little extra bit you could try! :D

xxxx

p.s. sorry if this isnt a new idea!

Last edited:
Hi chaps!
I've just spent a couple of hours sending emails to all the local golf clubs, day nurseries and independent schools offering a gift voucher for their Christmas Fayres/Raffles/Draws.
Given that of the several hundred pounds worth of gift vouchers I have sold only 3 have been redeemed, I decided that it was worth a gamble. !

Hi Calla,
I've donated a few spray tan vouchers for schools raffle prizes over the last few months (with only one redeemed so far) but I've donated these free of charge as I assumed schools and nurseries relied on all their prizes being donated. I must investigate further if this isn't the case!!!

wow u got some great ideas, im going to check out the websites you've recommended, thanks,

does anyone know how i can set up a website for a reasonable small price, as i havent got a clue where to start, any help would be appreciated, thanks

:D

Interesting conversation yesterday with a client. She rang 118 118 to get my details as she had left them on the kitchen table (I rang her when she was 10 mins late for her appointment) and they said my salon wasn't on their database. Horrors!
So, here's the website where you can add your details to 118 118. Make sure you're on it!
118 Add Your Business
Here's another one which you need to be on too

Scoot | Scoot Home - UK Business Finder

Enjoy!

You know those key loops that get thrust at you at shows, or get sent to you when you buy insurance? Well, you can buy them, completely customised, very cheaply.
I've just bought 250 with the salon name and phone number printed on them, in my salon colours of peach and blue for just under £90.
I intend to give them out at wedding fairs, village fetes, new clients, network meetings etc.
You can get them from here:

Ad Loop Keyrings : Promotional Keyrings : loop key rings : Custom Keyrings

Enjoy!

I think keyrings are a fab idea...thank you so much for sharing so much info xx

Just finding ways to promote my business and would like to thank Lynne for some great ideas..xx

Seems like a good time to have bumped this thread anyway as it was started almost exactly a year ago xx

Seems like a good time to have bumped this thread anyway as it was started almost exactly a year ago xx
lol thats what I thought after reading a few threads about quiet times including myself..xx

Woow fantastic!!!

wow, great ideas business guru! I will be doing some of that!!!!:)

Some fantastic ideas in this thread Lynne. Thanks for sharing your gift for marketing with us all. :hug:

I was driving past a local wedding dress shop today and thought "aha!" so I dropped in and had a little chat with the owner (a lovely lady called Michelle). The result? She's taken some of my flyers and I've invited her for a free treatment so she can see what I do, and we're going to work together to provide our brides/prom queens with the whole package.
Think laterally!

WOW! what a great idea! The last thing a bride wants to do is think of ONE MORE thing that needs to be found and done!

OH!! I got one! I went to this website and got Free Cards, A free car Door Sign etc! I just paid for S&H. I also spent a bit extra (you dont have to) to have a time and date line put on the back. so I got 200 cards, a door sign, free rubber stamp, free checks with my Bis name on them, 1 free pen. all for $14.99 that is the S&H and the lines on the back of the cards! I am not sure the cost out of the USA. :green:

Its lovely of you to share your great Ideas with everyone. I shall be trying them. x

Latest posts

Back