More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Instagram you add hashtags so for example I could post a picture followed by a hashtag of the name of my town, then if anyone looks at that page they will see my picture and find my contact details. Ive only ever had one new client via Instagram though.

I've just tried streetlife being mobile its really good as you are specifically targeting people close to you. Did you get anything back from it? Xx

I basically did a post trying to reach out to local charities to make a gift certificate donation. I had a great response from it and I have also been booked in for some charity events to do mini treatments. Let me know how you get on x

Result!

I've got some replies already, one is swapping me a box of cupcakes for the manicure and the business chat, I'll PM the ladies who have asked for the email and anyone else who would like it can just private message me :)

If still possible me too please / if you still have it of course [emoji16]

Just a thought but with fb pages would it not be worth having a thread with the link to your fb page and maybe we could all like each others? Some may want to check out areas and treatments but thought we all have friends in different areas. I do anyway and maybe even invite ? Just a thought ... Great thread

Just a thought but with fb pages would it not be worth having a thread with the link to your fb page and maybe we could all like each others? Some may want to check out areas and treatments but thought we all have friends in different areas. I do anyway and maybe even invite ? Just a thought ... Great thread

This thread already exists, but I warn you it is long! Lol. If you type in the search bar, I believe it's called What is your facebook x

This thread already exists, but I warn you it is long! Lol. If you type in the search bar, I believe it's called What is your facebook x

Ok I'll try that. Thank you x

Couldn't find it [emoji53]
Found it and have liked on some fb pages hope I get liked back :)
It was called 'what is your salon Facebook' thnx again

Last edited:
Dose anyone have an example letter/email of what they have sent to schools/ charities/wedding shops etc? What I have written so far just doesn't seem to sound right.

I'm in desperate need of help lol.

X

Great Carly I'm glad you found it x

For You I think Lynne wrote out a template earlier in the thread. Have you read the whole thing? I might have it on my laptop but I'm on my mobile right now x

Great Carly I'm glad you found it x

For You I think Lynne wrote out a template earlier in the thread. Have you read the whole thing? I might have it on my laptop but I'm on my mobile right now x

Yeahh I saw it and used it but didn't get much of a response, so I was thinking if I could add anything to it if you it let me know x

After reading through thread just thought I would post a summary of most things that have been said for easier access as this thread has become so popular and really helped me during the dark days. Thanks for everyone and the creator of this thread.

Social media accounts can attract clientale facebook, instagram, twitter e.t.c

Never trusts groupon or deal sites to get you loyal custom, they attract people out for a deal and can damage a brand.

spend a couple of hours sending emails to all the local golf clubs, day nurseries and independent schools offering a gift voucher for their Christmas Fayres/Raffles/Draws.
Given that of the several hundred pounds worth of gift vouchers sold only few will be redeemed, its was worth a gamble. It gets your name into even more local venues ( shall drop off a load of flyers when you drop off the gift voucher) and puts you in a good light in the eyes of the local businesses.

standard email template: Hi there
Please forgive my contacting you this way!
I have recently opened a professional beauty spa in...... I would like to offer you a Gift Voucher redeemable against any treatment at my spa as a prize, if you are having a Christmas Fayre or Raffle
If this is acceptable to you perhaps you might contact me on 01xxx xxxxxxx to discuss.
I have taken the liberty of attaching a link to my website so you can see the range of treatments I offer.
Many thanks, and best wishes
local wedding dress shop drop in and have a little chat with the owner . Get them to take some of your flyers and invite them for a free treatment so she/he can see what you do, and work together to provide brides/prom queens with the whole package.

Just find your county and add your listing to it

If you type in something like beauty salon your town in the search engine a lot of directory sites will come up. Makes it easier to find where to get listed.
Have a high SEO.

Low Cost Marketing
Little and Often: 1000 leaflets every week then do those same houses again 4 times. (It takes 1 day to deliver 1000 leaflets. )
Research has shown that the effects of advertising are short lived. Therefore, in order to optimise your budget, it makes sense to spend smaller amounts very regularly. This will ensure that your business is consistently at the forefront of customer thoughts.
Word Of Mouth (offer deals for recommend a friend)
Be Committed
Capture Data
Build a mailing list. This will enable you to target your campaigns more effectively. Collecting the names is the hard part, so give your prospects a reason for them to provide you with their name and address competitions, an emailed newsletter, the promise of advance information and discounts, maybe even a loyalty card. Work at keeping your list accurate and up to date. Try to get hold of email addresses as well as (or even in preference to) landmail contact details: email is cheaper and more versatile than postage.

Maintaining customer relationships
It is estimated to be up to four times more expensive to attract a new customer than it is to maintain an existing customer. So be personal. Remember birthdays and anniversaries. Say "thank you"

Selling new treatments
Invite your regulars to check out new products or services: they appreciate being treated as special, and you will lower barriers to purchase because the risk associated with trial is lower and they will therefore be more likely to purchase the treatment in the future. Look at their past purchase history if possible, and tailor special promotions to them.

cheap and Easy Marketing
Postcards are cheap and easy to produce, especially if you use colour on one side only. They can be mailed to prospects and stacked in help-yourself dispensers. And you can use them for a variety of marketing messages

Competitions
Run competitions. They are an excellent way to garner mailing list names while sending branding messages: the kind of contest your run implies the kind of company you are. A chance of winning hamper full of lovely products, chocolates and a bottle of Chardonnay could prove irresistible to custom or the mere exchange of their phone number and address.
Rewarding Loyalty
The customer gets a good deal, you get a keen customer (and their contactdetails). A simple approach is to give customers a card that is marked after each purchase and results in a free or reduced-price offering after a specified number of regular-priced purchases.

join a beauty gift voucher scheme. Wahanda, lavish e,t.c

Find a local upmarket "pub with rooms", b & b, guest house. One without leisure facilities. Offer your services at a privileged rate to their guests in return for space on their website.

Special offers, if done properly, don't have to cost you a lot of money. Indeed hey can increase your revenue significantly.
If you know that your client's average spend is £25, set a special offer like this:
FREE brow shape when you spend £30 or more!
There are a couple of things you need to make this work.
You need to know your clients, and you need a tool which will help you to mail them easily.
write down on a client card what they spend each time they come and then once a month I transfer that into a spreadsheet. filter the sheet so that I can see which clients spend less than x and then create an offer just for them. There's little point in sending an offer around the £30 price point if that particular client always spends £100. You need to send them a more valuable offer!
Constant Contact is great for bulk emailing

A blackboard outside the spa with the current offers drag 'em in!pick a couple of things that involve no stock, only time, and skim the prices.Have eyebrow waxing at £3.50 it's surprising how many men take the price list for their ladies and how many of our ladies send.
The shop is always busy - and a busy shop becomes a busier shop. I'd rather have 50 EBWs per week at £3.50 than 10 at £8 ( the going rate )

RETAIL is key. Retail should make up 25% of your takings minimum. A client who buys retail is 10 % more likely to return. Especially if their are not many stockists.

Go to a service industry type companies and call centres. These companies run sales incentives and just general morale boosting competitions and are looking for prizes,a way of promoting ourselves to literally hundreds of people for the sake of a few vouchers...i.e a back neck and shoulder massage.

Not sure if this tip was given in one of the 44 pages of this threat......
I ordered two big magnetic door signs for my car, fixed one of each side. When ever I do my grocery shopping, drive my kids somewhere,.... I usually try to park somewhere front row. I also have flyers in my car, so if I see someone walking by my car more slowly or stopping and reading and I'm close by I immediately offer one of my flyers.

Wow..thank you so much for the info and ideas, I'm in a similar situation where I my clientele is more mature. Been mobile for 1year and taking the plunge and renting a unit in Dec..great opportunity as it'll be xmas but need a wider audience in able to keep my head above water xx

Not sure if this tip was given in one of the 44 pages of this threat......
I ordered two big magnetic door signs for my car, fixed one of each side. When ever I do my grocery shopping, drive my kids somewhere,.... I usually try to park somewhere front row. I also have flyers in my car, so if I see someone walking by my car more slowly or stopping and reading and I'm close by I immediately offer one of my flyers.
What's the name of the site you order them from please??

Hi all, I appreciate my question is in relation to something pages and pages ago and very loosely linked to 'promoting your business' but wondering if anyone can help. I did a search on the Forums for 'Hair and Beauty Finder' and it linked me to some comments on here. I have posted this message on a different Forum on here also, so sorry if some of you are seeing this twice...

I joined 'Hair and Beauty Finder' in Feb 2013 and, like some people have mentioned, they took more money out my account near the end of the first year (which I have only just noticed!!). I have now received a 'final demand' letter with a threat of taking me to court for an over due invoice payment which has sent me into a slight panic as I have never received any invoices in the past. The invoice is dated Feb this year - and 8 months later I'm getting a final demand letter?!? I didn't even know I had an invoice to pay! And I don't appear to have ever received an email 'two days before my subscription is due to be renewed' as the said they would. Pretty sure I cancelled after the year anyway!

Anyone experience the same? If so, is it a scam? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

What's the name of the site you order them from please??
Hi there. I ordered from Vistaprint. It's inexpensive, not to sure about the exact amount. Jus check online. I am driving a red MINI, my signs have a white background, so they are very visible.

There is quite a large school with lots of staff close by my salon. I am doing up about sixty small packets in a pretty envelope, containing my business card/loyalty card, my full brochure/price list, and a $5 off card which I had printed business card size with my logo. I'm going to drop these off as gifts for the staff.

may i ask what everyone puts in to their "new client packs"

Hi ladies loving the ideas. Ive been a mobile nail technician since September. I currently give out loyalty cards too all my clients. When they have 5 treatments the 6th one is free.

Latest posts

Back