More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi
you say in return for mild promotion of your business, what do you mean by that, just wondering how I would word that.
thanks

In our case it was posters about the place, offer leaflets being handed out and business cards being left on peoples desks. it was a massive call centre mind you.

In our case it was posters about the place, offer leaflets being handed out and business cards being left on peoples desks. it was a massive call centre mind you.

my sister works at autoglass call centre so might give them a try. :)

What a wonderful thread, full of amazing information!

Thank you to everyone who has added something to it.... I'm off to do some promoting!

Hey,
Great ideas your very clever! I was wondering though, your first post on the gift vocher
Where you have emailed schools and golf clubs etc offering them a gift voucher redeemable
On any treatment in your salon, how do you go about it? Like do you give it away free if so
What happens if they want your most expensive treatment. Or do you charge them for a
Voucher or do you give them a voucher that let's them have money off?
I'm asking because I really would love to do it, but I'm not sure I would know how to
Sell it correctly.
Any help would be great x

Way back when I gave them a voucher for a manicure because it gave me a fab opportunity to talk about the other things I did. As I got busier I gave a voucher with a monetary value so that it would go towards a treatment of their choice, and because I wanted to avoid the "something for nothing" brigade frequenting my salon.
I would suggest that you specify which treatment you're offering on the voucher rather than let them choose; you're opening yourself up to abuse if you let them decide!

Dead Right Lynn,. I have given a way in total probably 4 Gift vouchers, Be it to ladies night, Raffle prizes, Organisations to put in their hampers.I always offer a luxury Manicure, This way although im using products they are minimal to an extent, But on the flip side its such a lovedly treatment for the client, Real pampering and you can real go for it with a Mani or pedi, With the massage etc, Yes it costs you your time But in most cases if they really enjoy the treatment they are likely to come back to book in for paid treatments. A good idea would be to start ringing round pubs, clubs, any organisations, If they arent already doing a PAMPER HAMPER for mothers day( 02nd April ) you could maybe suggest it to them and offer one of your vouchers to out inside.. x

This is what I wrote:

Hi there
Please forgive my contacting you this way!
I have recently opened a professional beauty salon in Kingsclere. I would like to offer you a Gift Voucher redeemable against any treatment at my salon as a prize, if you are having a Christmas Fayre or Raffle
If this is acceptable to you perhaps you might contact me on 01xxx xxxxxxx to discuss.
I have taken the liberty of attaching a link to my website so you can see the range of treatments I offer.
Many thanks, and best wishes

Sorry if this has been asked...!
How did you print a gift voucher? I'm worried people can photocopy them? x
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Sorry if this has been asked...!
How did you print a gift voucher? I'm worried people can photocopy them? x
You could sign each one, or number them?

You could sign each one, or number them?

I thought about numbering (anyone could still copy/photocopy signature)
But yes I think numbering would be the best thing! Thank you :)

*Bumping thread again*

Have just spent two hours reading this entire thread, writing down all the ideas and clicking on all the links.

Now have a happy headache and a fresh burst of energy for promoting my business - thanks Lynne and all contributors :biggrin:

Lynne - A thread well worth starting! Thanks, ive got some fab ideas for my new business.

x

A couple of things to watch out for when promoting your business.
If you get called by a company called Local Events Calendar, just put the phone down. Don't worry about being rude, just put the phone down. They will try to scam you out of many hundreds of pounds.
If you get called by companies wanting you to advertise on a wall planner to help sick kittens, firemen or somesuch boll*cks, just put the phone down.
If you get called by companies telling you that they can get you on the first page of Google, the chances are they're using Google Adwords to do it, and you can do that yourself, so guess what, just put the phone down.
If you get called by companies telling you that your website needs looking at, they're probably right, but just put the phone down and get word of mouth recommendation, either from here or from someone you know and trust.

If you get called by a company called Local Events Calendar, just put the phone down. Don't worry about being rude, just put the phone down. They will try to scam you out of many hundreds of pounds.
If you get called by companies wanting you to advertise on a wall planner to help sick kittens, firemen or somesuch boll*cks, just put the phone down.
If you get called by companies telling you that they can get you on the first page of Google, the chances are they're using Google Adwords to do it, and you can do that yourself, so guess what, just put the phone down.
If you get called by companies telling you that your website needs looking at, they're probably right, but just put the phone down and get word of mouth recommendation, either from here or from someone you know and trust.

Hear hear!!!!

Well said Lynne, this post of yours is totally worthy of a gazillion rep points, except that I can't rep you again (yet)...

Lynne, the Companies House website is telling me that the company behind "Local Events Calendar" is in liquidation. Let's hope another company doesn't end up being started by the same people then. Have done a Google search on them, and if what they were doing wasn't fraud then I don't know what is...

Absolutely bloody right.

Never advertise with anyone who contacts you.

You find the people you want to advertise with, not the other way round.

I am so sick of these calls! I also get the ones where your business is the exclusive one in an advertising magazine! Do they see us coming or something???

Great thread n great ideas thanks geeks xx

hi lynnn iv asked one of the local night clubs if i cud take some of my leaflets in they said yes so i asked a friend if she come with me was thinking of having some t-shirts printed with my business name and contact num on and my website is being done wot else would u suggest

I was driving past a local wedding dress shop today and thought "aha!" so I dropped in and had a little chat with the owner (a lovely lady called Michelle). The result? She's taken some of my flyers and I've invited her for a free treatment so she can see what I do, and we're going to work together to provide our brides/prom queens with the whole package.
Think laterally!
:)

Hiya,

Your ideas are fantastic, please share more with us!

xxx:p

Latest posts

Back