More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fab ideas from all!! God were a clever bunch on here xxx

What fantastic ideas!!!! Well done - so nice of you to share these things - we all need a little helping hand sometimes! x:p

I would like to ask very nicely for a Sticky to this thread so that people dont have to keep posting just to bump it or find it later on. Pllleeeeaasse:lick:
If you subscribe to it, it will always be in your settings. Click on 'thread tools' and subscribe that way. HTHs. :)

Absolutely amazing thread with so much info to help everyone out. Wish I had something to add, but as yet I'm a fledgling therapist looking to start out myself!

Maybe in future!

Thanks again OP, really impressed

xx

Brilliant! Been sat here for about an hour adding myself to free sites and reading through all your posts. My salon opens in 3 weeks and trying to bring in some bussiness. I also added my bussiness on to yell.com for free. Great thread!! xxx

Quick summary of the advice so far! and MOST are FREE!

Marketing Ideas

 Email local golf clubs/companies offering a voucher against a treatment
 Contact local hotels without spa’s and offer a voucher for their charity/balls/evening bashes to get your name on the programme
 Wedding shops – ask to take flyers/offer a discount/work with them for brides
 UK Business Directory | Free Business Directory Sign Up Sign up to this site, £1 a keyword and location to drive people to your site!
 Womens marketing forums: Womens Marketing Forum LadiesWhoLatte Women in Business Female Entrepreneurs Networking Online: Business Women's Cafe
 Free marketing forum Free Business Advertising from TheiGroup; The UK's Local Business Directory
 Free marketing book Free Marketing Book
 Free marketing online resource http://www.basingstoke.gov.uk/NR/rd...81D6A5E987E9/0/3339_leisureguides_marketi.pdf
 Free marketing online source Beautyzone - UK Hair and Beauty finder
 Add your business to 118.com https://www.118.com/user/login.mvc?view=AddListing
 Add to scoot Scoot | Add Your Business to Scoot
 Buy some branded keyrings etc Ad Loop Keyrings : Promotional Keyrings : loop key rings : Custom Keyrings
 Join a networking group Find Networking Events - directory of local networking events
 Consider some cheaper stationery to start www.vistaprint.co.uk
 Consider a wedding fayre
 Locate some local hotels/pubs with rooms etc and give a discount to their clients for advertising on their website
 Use FreeIndex - The FREE UK business directory and get testimonials to increase website hits
 Contact local schools and ask them to host a wedding fayre to boost their income and yours
 Free list on Yellowtom - Advert Default
 Add your business to google maps www.google.co.uk/local/add
 Email your clients with offers tailored to them
 Keep an accurate database of clients details
 Free listing at Yell.com the UK's local business search engine - search for London businesses
 Try a 50% off voucher
 Approach big companies such as sales/call centres and offer a voucher for treatments as one of their sales incentive prizes
 Facebook facebook facebook!
 Caterprints Home get printed on catering supplies like coffee cups
 Use Uni and College printers as they are usually a lot cheaper
 Zing Beauty - UK Beauty Sites free beauty listing
 Collaborate with local businesses
 Advertise in clubs/pubs
 Advertise on London Restaurants, Bars, Gigs, Hotels, Events & more
 Six Quick-Hit Marketing Ideas for Social Media read this
 Consider groupon etc but be careful
 Register on here: UK?s No 1 Salon finder - Hairdressers, Beauty Salons, Spa Treatments ... You name it, INAA.com has got it!
 Business women advertising Employ Her.com - Women
 Local newspaper competition/advert

Botoxboy- you're a star! Big hug!!!! Xxxx

Having read this somewhere else i thought it fitting to post on here, what about giving a discount to someone that deals with lots of customers daily for example local hairdressers with no beauty attached or small local cafe or someone that works in a pub they have your fab nails, lashes eyebrows ect and loads of people are seeing them daily and they pass on clients to you, maybe if they get you say x amount clients they get a free treatment? i know when i see someone locally with nice beauty treatments done i always ask where they get them done.

Having followed almost all this advice, we've now jumped to PAGE ONE on Google if you type Botox Manchester!!!

Thanks for your advice guys!!!

I love a happy ending!

I love a happy ending!

Oo-er, I thought the term "happy ending" had certain connotations with the sort of clients we all try and avoid like the plague :eek:

Oo-er, I thought the term "happy ending" had certain connotations with the sort of clients we all try and avoid like the plague :eek:

It wasn't unintentional, tha knows!
;)

Try an old fashion postal mailing with a twist. Take $100 or £100 or €100 from your business account as "Advertising funds". Print up your mailers, 100 of them. Stuff each one with a single $1/£1/€1 and mail them out. My girlfriend and I have done this in a few of the "nicer" neighborhoods in the areas surrounding our new salon. If we only see 2 new clients from those mailers, the advertising campaign pays for itself. Plus we have two new clients and two new branches of word of mouth advertising. Oh, and if you received money in the mail, wouldn't you read what it came with to see what it was about? I know I would.

Hi, Ive read right through this thread and wow! fantastic.

Can someone help me though with the facebook sign up. I tried to make a profile but "It looks like you're signing up as a public figure, band, or business. Please create a Facebook Page instead, or contact us for further assistance." Is what I got. Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance x

Hi, Ive read right through this thread and wow! fantastic.

Can someone help me though with the facebook sign up. I tried to make a profile but "It looks like you're signing up as a public figure, band, or business. Please create a Facebook Page instead, or contact us for further assistance." Is what I got. Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance x

Yes, you have to create a personal account on Facebook first (with your name), and once you have a personal account on Facebook, you can then create a business page for your salon.

This is so amazing! Keep on sharing information and thanks a lot Lynne.

Thanks guys I looked at these deals but i agree with 30sharon. I think I'm going to do more flyers balloons on my A board and try to get a display in the little window. I have kind of questioned myself about what im doing but the rent is so cheap £35 per week and that includes rates, electricity, music licence and use of broadband I just need 2 get my name out there and get noticed xxx

I went pass your shop the other day and it drew my attention and I saw the price list, you are doing a great job.

Awesome thread Lynne - thank you!

Latest posts

Back