More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you promote your business i think you can use social media sites such as facebook and twitter this is the best way to promote business.

I work from home so rely on other ways to promote myself!
Word of mouth is the best, but I also advertise with Yell.com and have just done Google ad words. They have both been good. Networking groups can be good too. I have just joined Athena Network (womens networking group) and although its early days, I know the group is a good one and will help me grow my business. The groups are all over the country so check for your local group.
Look back through Lynnes thread there are loads of ways to promote.

Don't lose heart, keep going it won't happen over night! I have given myself 5 years to develop my database and business at least! Trust yourself and keep motivated!!!

Sarah

what is google ad words? i couldn't understand it.... ive just taken on a room in a gym and its dead... contemplating working from home as i cant afford the rent ..

Just thought I'd bump this thread up and also add that I've only had my business for five weeks but a little trick to those who have a business Facebook that's set up in a "profile" style (rather than a page)

Facebook has been an excellent tool and the reason I had a virtually fully booked up week last week. Things are quieter this week so I sent a girl that I feel may be a regular, a quick message to say that if she wants to click the "suggest friends" button on my profile and send to all her friends, I'll give her a free file and toe polish when she's in on thursday. 230 friend suggestions later(!) so now I'm buzzing with enquiries, etc again.

I'll keep doing that with different people when I feel that business is going a little quieter! A file and polish is nothing to me compared to the potential new business.

Just thought I'd share x
great idea... how would i set up a business in profile .. tried a few times but facebook wouldn't let me

Hi Geeks,

I too have done this to promote myself (I have a home based Salon).
I currently work alongside a Bride shop owner - she promotes me for Bridal Work and I do make up for her catwalk shows in return; I also work alongside two photographers (both work for themselves) doing make up for their shoots and offer 'beauty packages' for their customers.
It is a brilliant way to promote yourself and finding other people to work with you end up offering a 'whole package' to Clients :Love:xxxx
ps I also work alongside a mobile hairdresser to which we offer Prom Packages too!!
thats fantastic how on earth did u approach these people ive tired via facebook but hey don't reply back and i know some of them don't offer the service i have.... dead ends!!

It's way easier to do this with Facebooks ad network than to manually click through - you can fairly easily specify female / age range / interests / area, and it's not as expensive as you'd probably expect.
how would i do this ? thank you

What I do on Twitter is go to the search option put in a 1 to 5 mile radius then search 'spray tan' or 'nails' or whatever your treatment is. Bam - you find all your customers! Then reply to all of them suggesting your services.
Thank you so much!
You do know, don't you, that I have a home salon - and I'm just a tiddler too!
no way xxx

I supply a lot of salons with nail files, lip balms, pens and many other promotional products. Reciently started supplying fridge magnets and they seem to be going down really well. All items are personalised normally with buisness name and a contact number.

I would be happy to help supply anyone here with promotional gifts if you need more info just send me a message.

The BOP
hello i would be interested aswell please. thank you

I know there is a lot about Facebook but I have found it difficult to dedicate lots of time to think about what I should put on and when- and fit this into my working day.

I have found the scheduling tool brilliant and would recommend it, so on a sunday I go through and schedule my updates, and then during the week I just do my interactive or client postings. I dont want my advertsing time to be sucked up on only Facebook, depsite the number of clients I get through it.

Does anyone know if there is a similar tool for twitter?
scheduling tool? could you provide a little more in
I know there is a lot about Facebook but I have found it difficult to dedicate lots of time to think about what I should put on and when- and fit this into my working day.

I have found the scheduling tool brilliant and would recommend it, so on a sunday I go through and schedule my updates, and then during the week I just do my interactive or client postings. I dont want my advertsing time to be sucked up on only Facebook, depsite the number of clients I get through it.

Does anyone know if there is a similar tool for twitter?

sheduling tool ..please could you provide more info.. thanks

I currently rent a room in a hair salon that also has a nail technician and masseuse, and we have just come up with a new idea to gain people's information for my services is to have all clients (from all 3 services) fill out a raffle ticket to go in the draw to win a facial. This way I will be gaining clients details that I never would of had eaccess to previously :)
are u charging them for the
I currently rent a room in a hair salon that also has a nail technician and masseuse, and we have just come up with a new idea to gain people's information for my services is to have all clients (from all 3 services) fill out a raffle ticket to go in the draw to win a facial. This way I will be gaining clients details that I never would of had eaccess to previously :)
are u charging them for the raffle tickets? - money donated to charity?

What does your friend (who is blooming, which is a beautiful way to put it) do? If she's doing something a little different than you, then maybe you could promote each other.

Sunni
just makeup but shes in a different town to me -----

I supply a lot of salons with nail files, lip balms, pens and many other promotional products. Reciently started supplying fridge magnets and they seem to be going down really well. All items are personalised normally with buisness name and a contact number.

I would be happy to help supply anyone here with promotional gifts if you need more info just send me a message.

The BOP

If you could send me some further info on this too please? :)

If you'd email to [email protected] it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I've been going through the thread and have written down a lot of the ideas but still have more pages to go through. I want to contact care homes/nursing homes but I am really unsure of how to word an email to them. Can anyone help?
thanks
Denise

so my so called friend has dumped me-- she no longer requires my services and wants to go out on her own....

All the time ,energy on social media wasted....i'm a nice person go out the way to help others and im fuming....

time to get thick skinned and go out on my own ....

so my so called friend has dumped me-- she no longer requires my services and wants to go out on her own....

All the time ,energy on social media wasted....i'm a nice person go out the way to help others and im fuming....

time to get thick skinned and go out on my own ....
You can do it. Everything happens for a reason. Focus and you will succeed. All the best. New Year....New Successes!!!! Yeah!!!

I was driving past a local wedding dress shop today and thought "aha!" so I dropped in and had a little chat with the owner (a lovely lady called Michelle). The result? She's taken some of my flyers and I've invited her for a free treatment so she can see what I do, and we're going to work together to provide our brides/prom queens with the whole package.
Think laterally!
:)
Wow Lynne! You are on a roll. Great ideas

Loving this thread! Gone right back to the start of it x

This is what I wrote:

Hi there
Please forgive my contacting you this way!
I have recently opened a professional beauty salon in Kingsclere. I would like to offer you a Gift Voucher redeemable against any treatment at my salon as a prize, if you are having a Christmas Fayre or Raffle
If this is acceptable to you perhaps you might contact me on 01xxx xxxxxxx to discuss.
I have taken the liberty of attaching a link to my website so you can see the range of treatments I offer.
Many thanks, and best wishes
Did you charge them or donate it for free ?

Hi chaps!
I've just spent a couple of hours sending emails to all the local golf clubs, day nurseries and independent schools offering a gift voucher for their Christmas Fayres/Raffles/Draws.
Given that of the several hundred pounds worth of gift vouchers I have sold only 3 have been redeemed, I decided that it was worth a gamble. It gets my name into even more local venues (I shall drop off a load of flyers when I drop off the gift voucher) and puts me in a good light in the eyes of the local businesses.
Already I have had one of the clubs ring to take me up on the offer!
Remember to keep promoting your business during these straitened times!
:)

Great suggestion Lynne, we also find gift vouchers are a good way to promote the business and not all of them are redeemed !

What a great idea!! I think I might give it a go myself if you don't mind!? I'm very quiet at the mo which I hate. I'm hoping it's just the time of year and not the credit crunch! I'm doing a promotional evening tonight about a new treatment that we are launching ~ hopefully it will generate a bit more business for us too! xx
how did you do the promotional evening like what did you do ext. I only have a room in my house do you think I could do this?

Another good thing to do is to register your name as a domain name and have it redirect your main site. This way when someone types in your name (it may be all that they can remember!) there is a sporting chance that they'll get taken to your main business site.
It costs v little these days to do this (I registered most combinations of my name for under £30)
how do I do this

Latest posts

Back