More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi chaps!
I've just spent a couple of hours sending emails to all the local golf clubs, day nurseries and independent schools offering a gift voucher for their Christmas Fayres/Raffles/Draws.
Given that of the several hundred pounds worth of gift vouchers I have sold only 3 have been redeemed, I decided that it was worth a gamble. It gets my name into even more local venues (I shall drop off a load of flyers when I drop off the gift voucher) and puts me in a good light in the eyes of the local businesses.
Already I have had one of the clubs ring to take me up on the offer!
Remember to keep promoting your business during these straitened times!
:)
Nice work! This type of marketing works so well. Kudos to you Lynne!

Hi chaps!
I've just spent a couple of hours sending emails to all the local golf clubs, day nurseries and independent schools offering a gift voucher for their Christmas Fayres/Raffles/Draws.
Given that of the several hundred pounds worth of gift vouchers I have sold only 3 have been redeemed, I decided that it was worth a gamble. It gets my name into even more local venues (I shall drop off a load of flyers when I drop off the gift voucher) and puts me in a good light in the eyes of the local businesses.
Already I have had one of the clubs ring to take me up on the offer!
Remember to keep promoting your business during these straitened times!
:)
where do you get their email addresses from?

how do you
Try an old fashion postal mailing with a twist. Take $100 or £100 or €100 from your business account as "Advertising funds". Print up your mailers, 100 of them. Stuff each one with a single $1/£1/€1 and mail them out. My girlfriend and I have done this in a few of the "nicer" neighborhoods in the areas surrounding our new salon. If we only see 2 new clients from those mailers, the advertising campaign pays for itself. Plus we have two new clients and two new branches of word of mouth advertising. Oh, and if you received money in the mail, wouldn't you read what it came with to see what it was about? I know I would.
get their addresses?

i would like to recommend Neil Patel's blog for emailing. Getting visibility and know-how to approach is a skill nowadays. There are many articles for marketing your website(i am sure you will be having) I am sure you will get some benefit following him.:):)

I've mentioned this in another thread, but thought I'd add it in here too - I got a stall at a local fete type event (community garden open day), just doing 10 minute facial massages for £5. I handed out over 25 pricelists with discount vouchers attached, had at least half a dozen people raving about how relaxing it is to anyone who would listen and got photographed for 2 local newspapers. I also look out for local charity or community projects that are doing raffles and donate gift certificates to them.

where do you get their email addresses from?
You can use specific Google command to just search email of certain job person in an area with there address if provided also you can make use of linkedin search

thats fantastic how on earth did u approach these people ive tired via facebook but hey don't reply back and i know some of them don't offer the service i have.... dead ends!!
You are using push marketing in the salon business, try doing pull marketing. A major number of customer in this business turn up from word of mouth. In early days you have to invest more and think about returns less. Invest more as in whatever customers you get, try to give an extra touch up, give them extra time. Your service only will push these customers to refer you to their friends and family circles. Think it as a Facebook page where the user likes are shown to their friends to do the same because it is "trusted".

Any help or suggestions on how to word emails to say nurseries, mums clubs, baby groups ect?

I would like to know this too please x
I don`t know anything about instagram I only use facebook, But someone told my husband theres an app that posts to facebook, intragram and twitter at the same time, so no need to do it 3 t imes, anyone know what it is?
xx

I don`t know anything about instagram I only use facebook, But someone told my husband theres an app that posts to facebook, intragram and twitter at the same time, so no need to do it 3 t imes, anyone know what it is?
xx
I use Buffer, you can link all your accounts to it and post from there :)

Im only new to the nail bizz and im currently mobile.

Im doing a little promo of book a gel polish mani over the bank holiday and get a free bottle of prosecco

Hey guys! There is A LOT that the consultants and educators out here have not been telling salons about marketing online so I will do my best to help you all! Stay tuned for some fire strategies!

xx

Buffer will post to Facebook and Twitter but can't at present post directly to instagram for you - it will just send you a push notification to post it manually. It's a good tool for free though I think you can link a couple of accounts.

If you are willing to pay though I'd recommend smarterqueue. It's really user friendly and recycles posts for you making it faster to put out your most popular posts that you can use time and time again x

yeah, instagram and twitter is a solid way to promote yourself with some basic knowledge of how it works.
create your professional profile, fire some hot photos of your work in and invest some money (not much) in promotions and stuff.
another good way is to set different challenges for your clients for some good thinks, i.e. discounts.
go online

In October we were so quiet, I really did start to panic!
So I decided to put my thinking cap on and come up with a new way to promote my salon. I didn't have any sort of budget, so it had to be free!

In the end I googled local companies that had quite a number of employees and then picked up my telephone! I spoke to the receptionist of about 20 organisations, explained I owned a local beauty salon and that I would like to offer a discount to all of their employees. I asked who would be the best person to speak to, and I managed to get through to someone on each call. I then emailed over a poster, which I designed myself on Word, offering an introductory discount for initially using our services and a standard discount to be used thereafter.
By the end of the week I had booked up the whole of my next week!
Just goes to show you what you can do with a little creativity! :)

I love this and all the other posts on here! I keep re reading it and have done for the last few years ha ha.

I have contacted weightloss management groups this morning. To offer a massive discount voucher to their months biggest loser. I have had a really positive response. I hope something comes of it x

I got a new client yesterday from my Instagram. Wasn't expecting new people to find me on it, more to promote pictures of my work to existing clients. I added a # for the area I live in to one of my posts and that's how she found me. Will be making sure to put that on every post from now on!

Never thought of Hash tagging the location! Thank you :) x

I set up an instagram account for posting all my nail/beauty photos, then I went to a friend of mine who lives in the town where I work's instragram, went to who their followers were and followed them all! Clogs up my instagram feed yes but I don't care as I don't use it as a personal one and never actually scroll through the first page. They see me follow them and click through to my page and get a look at my work! Hopefully it gets me a few new clients that didn't know I existed!
If I get a few new follows I might try it with a few more friends. Using their pages helps me target only the people in my specific area.

Very good idea! x

Latest posts

Back