More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like reading then a good book for Digital (Web/Mobile) Marketing is "The Platform Revolution". It has given us some fairly strong ways to bring both buyers and sellers to our iPhone beauty marketplace app, but it will help you understand how the workings of social media is "working" you so you can also avoid the pitfalls of spending unnecessarily which is always the hard thing to avoid.

Another form of marketing is called growth hacking and a good book called "Growth Hacker" by Ryan Holiday, who also has some good Youtube videos on the topic. He covers lots of email marketing type advice etc, but what he's very good at explaining is referral marketing and thats the big growth success story.

Thought it was time for a thread bump as we’re about to start a new school year.

I don`t know anything about instagram I only use facebook, But someone told my husband theres an app that posts to facebook, intragram and twitter at the same time, so no need to do it 3 t imes, anyone know what it is?
xx
Beckybee, I am using Hootsuite to schedule multiple updates, track mentions and user comments on my social media accounts. They also have a free plan, but it's limited to 3 social profiles and 30 scheduled messages.

However, I recommend you to automate your social media management with caution and dedicate yourself on live-streaming (via Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, or IGTV) and focus on responding to clients' and prospective customers' online reviews and comments in a timely manner.

delete

Last edited:
Just wanted to say what a great help this is, not only for new starters but for the ones that want to go on a new marketing campaign.

Jordan

That's exactly how i gained clients 22 years ago! I made up vouchers & handed them in for the school fetes etc. Try the private schools or schools in affluent areas. If you're good, they'll come back! All these years later, I still have some of those clients visit me.

Brill thread, thabkyou for sending this over xxx

Another good way to collect emails is driving paid traffic to your free ebook!

OMG the original post is 11 years old!!! Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted suggestions on here. AMAZING!!! I'm only just starting out as a sole trader working from home (complementary therapist) I feel so much more confident now after writing down all these tips. xxx

OMG the original post is 11 years old!!! Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted suggestions on here. AMAZING!!! I'm only just starting out as a sole trader working from home (complementary therapist) I feel so much more confident now after writing down all these tips. xxx
I know! I started this thread when I first started out and I can't tell you how many people have been kind enough to tell me how much it's helped them. I feel a warm glow!

Enjoy - and I hope it helps you too :)

If you like reading then a good book for Digital (Web/Mobile) Marketing is "The Platform Revolution". It has given us some fairly strong ways to bring both buyers and sellers to our iPhone beauty marketplace app, but it will help you understand how the workings of social media is "working" you so you can also avoid the pitfalls of spending unnecessarily which is always the hard thing to avoid.

Another form of marketing is called growth hacking and a good book called "Growth Hacker" by Ryan Holiday, who also has some good Youtube videos on the topic. He covers lots of email marketing type advice etc, but what he's very good at explaining is referral marketing and thats the big growth success story.
Thanks for the sugestion.
Get Rich Click" by Marc Ostrofsky is by far the absolute best book I've ever read on digital marketing.

Follow the topic: Instagram advertising is very effective and cheap.
Tag the location as your salon and take it with the town. Put the town in the description of the account. People often look for hair stylists through before and afters.
I try to get engagement by asking a question or something. (Example : these are the products i used in creating this style, what’s your go to product?) The more comments you get with your photos the more the photo is seen on other peoples newsfeeds.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back