More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
Hi chaps!
I've just spent a couple of hours sending emails to all the local golf clubs, day nurseries and independent schools offering a gift voucher for their Christmas Fayres/Raffles/Draws.
Given that of the several hundred pounds worth of gift vouchers I have sold only 3 have been redeemed, I decided that it was worth a gamble. It gets my name into even more local venues (I shall drop off a load of flyers when I drop off the gift voucher) and puts me in a good light in the eyes of the local businesses.
Already I have had one of the clubs ring to take me up on the offer!
Remember to keep promoting your business during these straitened times!
:)

What a great idea!

Do you mind me asking how you worded your email? Did you have one standard one which was suitable for each place you emailled?

xx

This is what I wrote:

Hi there
Please forgive my contacting you this way!
I have recently opened a professional beauty salon in Kingsclere. I would like to offer you a Gift Voucher redeemable against any treatment at my salon as a prize, if you are having a Christmas Fayre or Raffle
If this is acceptable to you perhaps you might contact me on 01xxx xxxxxxx to discuss.
I have taken the liberty of attaching a link to my website so you can see the range of treatments I offer.
Many thanks, and best wishes

I had an email from an independant pr person a while back and he started off by saying something similar to your opening line, it got my attention and made me read the whole email...........i hope its a huge success and brings you in lots of new business

xx

Thank you!
I was beginning to think that my ideas were falling on deaf ears as nobody replies to my threads.

I think spending a little bit of your quiet time sending a short emails to people is a great way of generating business and getting your name known.....I'm now off to take a look at your other threads to read your fab ideas!

Thats a brillant idea hun think i may give it ago myself xx

This is a brilliant idea, i recently gave a voucher for a mini manicure which i charge £9.00 to our local pub to put into a promise auction, they sold it for £18 which i was so chuffed about as all money was going to Air ambulance x I have also been asked to put a voucher in for the Playgroup christmas bingo, hopefully this will also get me some more business:) x

Here are a couple more things I found out about this morning.

Ladies Who Latte - business networking for ladies (for most of us they're our target audience!) and it's free!

Business Women's Cafe - again, basic membership is free

Hope these help!

Also, check out your local posh hotels without spas and see if they're having Christmas/New Year/charity balls, give them a Gift Voucher which should get your name on the programme too!
It's children in need on Friday too - another good place to get your name!
Consider the Soroptomists and the WI too, as places where ladies gather...

What a great idea!! I think I might give it a go myself if you don't mind!? I'm very quiet at the mo which I hate. I'm hoping it's just the time of year and not the credit crunch! I'm doing a promotional evening tonight about a new treatment that we are launching ~ hopefully it will generate a bit more business for us too! xx

Good idea, think i'll have to try that one myself! :lol: xx

Another brilliant way to get your name out there without having to spend a fortune. I've been donating free spray tan vouchers to all my local fundraising events. Have so far only had two people redeem them, but hey, it's a start.
Kat

I was driving past a local wedding dress shop today and thought "aha!" so I dropped in and had a little chat with the owner (a lovely lady called Michelle). The result? She's taken some of my flyers and I've invited her for a free treatment so she can see what I do, and we're going to work together to provide our brides/prom queens with the whole package.
Think laterally!

I was driving past a local wedding dress shop today and thought "aha!" so I dropped in and had a little chat with the owner (a lovely lady called Michelle). The result? She's taken some of my flyers and I've invited her for a free treatment so she can see what I do, and we're going to work together to provide our brides/prom queens with the whole package.
Think laterally!

Blimey you are coming up with some great ideas hun ive tryed most of them so thank you xx:hug:

It's children in need on Friday too - another good place to get your name!
quote]

I did a charity waxing in aid of Children in Need on Friday. I waxed 4 guys chests / backs, charging £2 "entrance fee" to their work collegues so they could generally heckle and watch their terrified friends suffer. The result- 3 new clients! :eek:

That I did NOT expect! It turns out that they'd had bad waxing experiences before, and were pleasantly surprised that it's not actually all that bad when done properly.

The moral of the story- take up ANY opportunity to get your name out there. Clients can come from the most unexpected of places.

Fantastic - I recently had my Breast Cancer fund raiser and it went so well that I cant wait to do another! Client love that you do things like that and its a great talking point.

WOW!!!! your on fire with your ideas!! xx

Latest posts

Back