Moroccan Oil brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red star, I purposely didn't use product yesterday to test this. Still caught in the hair. :(

Are they definitely Moroccan oil brushes.....where did you get them from?.....
I have never had a problem with them catching.
The hair you are working on, ....I'm assuming it's long....but what about it's condition?

I was doing a curly blow dry earlier today on straight hair and I normally leave the brush in whilst moving onto the next section, and they just kept getting stuck!
well that's frustrating....
are you looking to do a brush set kinda like this? Usually just tapping the hair behind the brush lets it loose.
Did it not happen before with your previous brushes?

Attachments

• nancy.png
    nancy.png
    447.3 KB · Views: 42
'Olivia Garden', boar brushes are quite nice, and available from wholesalers.:)
My daughter is doing an apprenticeship in a top London salon, and they won't allow them to use anything other than pure bristle!

well that's frustrating....
are you looking to do a brush set kinda like this? Usually just tapping the hair behind the brush lets it loose.
Did it not happen before with your previous brushes?
Yes this is what I'm doing. It's when the removing the brushes I'm having the problem. Maybe it's my technique?

Do u guys leave the brushes in the hair untill you've finished the next section (hope I'm making sense)?
Yes definitely if I want to keep some bend and bounce in the hair.

'Olivia Garden', boar brushes are quite nice, and available from wholesalers.:)
My daughter is doing an apprenticeship in a top London salon, and they won't allow them to use anything other than pure bristle!
I've never heard of them, will have to get on Google.

chris I cant remember if it was you that told me about Ibiza brush's I love them,they are so light easy to use,for the first time im leaving them in to cool, im going to buy some more.
Yes, I am always singing their praises, the bristles just glide lovely through the hair. Im not sure if Ibiza and Regincos are the same company because if they aren't the brushes are identical. I'm waiting for some new ones to arrive now, trying to build a collection so many can leave the brushes wrapped up in the hair for longer. I never used bristle brushes when I was a young(er) stylist because colege always teach you with those cheap ceramics. I still use ceramics just much better quality ones. I've always liked Termix ceramics but I'm expecting some Regincos ones in the post any day now [emoji38] so I will let you know if their ceramics are as good as all their others.

Yes, I am always singing their praises, the bristles just glide lovely through the hair. Im not sure if Ibiza and Regincos are the same company because if they aren't the brushes are identical. I'm waiting for some new ones to arrive now, trying to build a collection so many can leave the brushes wrapped up in the hair for longer. I never used bristle brushes when I was a young(er) stylist because colege always teach you with those cheap ceramics. I still use ceramics just much better quality ones. I've always liked Termix ceramics but I'm expecting some Regincos ones in the post any day now [emoji38] so I will let you know if their ceramics are as good as all their others.
I want to say thanks Chris, I love the Ibiza brushes, no angles and definately no catching in the handle, I think its best to look up reviews as mach as you can on any of the more expensive items we have to buy,as hairstylists. I did read that the Olivia Garden ones were good but still tangled in handle,same with GHD,but stress these were reviews online, the Ibiza ones you can see being used on you tube,is it the hollywood blowout? It also showed how rough dried it needs to be so that boar bristle brush's dont get stuck in the hair.

Another post in support of the Ibiza's. I have these and the GHD's. Personally I cannot get on with any of the non boar bristle brushes - the GHDs produce a really nice curl but I cant get enough tension with them to make hair really smooth at the same time. I always end up using the Ibiza's and just wanding a few bits with the GHD wand so lasts longer.

Yes this is what I'm doing. It's when the removing the brushes I'm having the problem. Maybe it's my technique?
Its so hard to say without seeing what you are doing. Maybe try a section or two with different brushes?
If someone can take a few pics or a video of you I am sure we could figure it out.
Or Is there a senior stylist in the salon that can shadow you as you do it?
For now I would just focus on only having one or two brushes in there at a time, release them and curl them back on your finger and pin it up with a yo-yette so you don't end up in a spider web of hair.
I also usually get the front (top and sides) done first as that's what she sees and I want the most bounce there not at the nape.

Mjmhair, thanks so much for your advise. I'm on an apprenticeship for my level 3 and I'm in college tomorrow so will get my tutor to watch what I'm doing. May have to invest in some Ibizas! Anyone know any YouTube vids on curly blow drys?

I've never had a problem with the Moroccan Oil brushes, I think the grip is much better than the head jog ones. I wish they did a size between the medium and large though, sometimes I would like to use something smaller than the big and bigger than the medium haha x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Jamiereid92 I was thinking this when I bought them! Looking round Thinking where's the size in between!!

Jamiereid92 I was thinking this when I bought them! Looking round Thinking where's the size in between!!
If you just type you tube ibiza brush's loads come up.:)

Mjmhair, thanks so much for your advise. I'm on an apprenticeship for my level 3 and I'm in college tomorrow so will get my tutor to watch what I'm doing. May have to invest in some Ibizas! Anyone know any YouTube vids on curly blow drys?
Maybe have someone do it on you so you can get a feel for the tension, placement etc.

Heres a few good ones.

Latest posts

Back