Moroccan Tan 12%

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodmarie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought Moroccan tan for the first time yesterday in 12% it was the 2 hour tan. I sprayed my client at 7:15pm and they showered at 9:15pm. This morning they woke up find a very subtle tan!! I was expecting it to be a lot darker.

Could anyone please offer some advice...can it be loft on longer than two hours for a deeper colour? Sweet squared told me on the phone that if it was left longer than two hours it could turn green!!

Any advice appreciated! X

Hmmm I use Moroccan tan & love it I have the 10,12 & 14% . I have never heard about it turning green so cannot comment about that! But I've never had that happen to ANY OF MY CLIENTS as some choose to sleep in it & shower in the morning! A tan would only be green if the solution was out of date. Moroccan tan by nature is green based which gives it such a natural (not orange!)colour. But having said that it would wash off anyway as its only the guide colour! The Moroccan nights, which is for more darker skin tone is violet based which counteracts the greeny tones that an olive skin can have.
As far as your client not having a deep enough tan I would look to the obvious first :- was her skin prepped correctly?! Remember no perfume, deodorant, make-up or moisturiser as these things can act as a barrier, was the colour chosen dark enough for her natural skin tone?
Also don't forget she will be at her deepest after 24 hrs as the colour will continue to develop even after her intial shower! As far as leaving it on for longer, I tell my clients that they can if they wish but it will make no difference. The reason being that this is a "rapid tan"which means it is very quickly absorbed into the skin, which In turn means the DHA's after 2 hours have already done their job, so whether they choose to shower 2,4 or 10 hours after they will only go as dark as they naturally would, this all depends on their natural skin tone & colour. I always explain to my clients when I get asked "what colour will I be!?" that I could spray them & their friend say a 12% for example, & they would both go a different tone or shade due to their own natural tone & colouring! I hope this info has helped a little!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help. I tanned both of my friends with a 12% but I was still very disappointed with the depth of the tan. They were both prepped correctly as they have tans regularly. I have attached a picture....
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449818139.496832.jpg

Although they have a nice glow it was only a tiny bit darker to their natural skin tone. [emoji45]

Did you tell them to just warm water rinse as the initial shower after 2 hours? No soap should be used for this initial rinse off stage. Just another thought?! I use Moroccan tan and haven't had a problem with it not being dark enough - 12% is my most popular too. Hth x

Usually the fast tans are a 20% not a 12%. Maybe it wasn't a fast tan. Although I do find with the fast ones, after wash off the client feels white again, then over the next few hours the tan gets darker x

Thank you everyone, I have just used the tan again and I am going to tan my mum later. So she will be brutally honest with me.

I trained with Moroccan tan and use only them I love it and so do my clients, I explain to my clients to lightly RINSE off not wash off, no soaps or anything as this would effect the tan. My sister didn't use any soap but did stay in the shower lightly rubbing herself all over until the water ran clear and was then surprised that once developed she only had a healthy glow look about her [emoji85]

Hello lovely spraytanners,

It is unusual that MT Bronze 12% is not developing dark enough, however every skin is different and every skin will develop differently as tans develop with DHA reacting with amino acids and proteins that are present in the skin. Furthermore, there are many things that can contribute to how deep the tan develops, such as foods, antibiotics or even the time of the month!

MT's original collection are all 2-4 hour products - Gold 8%, Original 10%, Bronze 12% and Coco 14%. All these products can be left on skin for longer than the recommended time, however there is a risk of overdevelopment if this is done. We suggest that if Bronze 12% hasn't developed dark enough after a 4 hour rinse (water only!) 24hours after application, then we suggest trying Coco14% or Nights 15%.

MT
x

Thank you everyone, I have just used the tan again and I am going to tan my mum later. So she will be brutally honest with me.
How did you get on?
I used the coco sample yesterday and it's lovely and even but paler than I'd expect from a 14%.

Hi, yes I am definitely finding they are pale. A nice glow but not what I expected.

I used the morrocan tan lotion version once after hearing amazing things about the brand on here and I was really dissapointed in the colour! I hardly tanned at all! Gave it to a few of my friends and they all said the same! Definitely put me off buying the spray solution!

Hi ciderella71, Elena21 and Jodmarie,

Once the product is applied on the skin, please make sure that the first rinse is 2-4 hours after application and it is a light rinse off with water only - no soap, body wash, shampoo, etc., and don't apply anything back to the skin, like lotion/oil, until the colour has fully developed. The full colour develops over the next 24 hours after the rinse.

If you are still not happy with the level of colour development after the above steps have been followed, please contact one of our friendly team members.

MT
x

Hello lovely spraytanners,

It is unusual that MT Bronze 12% is not developing dark enough, however every skin is different and every skin will develop differently as tans develop with DHA reacting with amino acids and proteins that are present in the skin. Furthermore, there are many things that can contribute to how deep the tan develops, such as foods, antibiotics or even the time of the month!

MT's original collection are all 2-4 hour products - Gold 8%, Original 10%, Bronze 12% and Coco 14%. All these products can be left on skin for longer than the recommended time, however there is a risk of overdevelopment if this is done. We suggest that if Bronze 12% hasn't developed dark enough after a 4 hour rinse (water only!) 24hours after application, then we suggest trying Coco14% or Nights 15%.

MT
x

I just rinsed of 10% and am wondering when I can moisturise?

Hello, I've had the exact same problem with Moroccan Tan. I used to use Lauren's Way but have to now find a new solution so got a 12% sample of Moroccan tan. I was really looking forward to using it as though it was going to be the best! Tried it on my friend, who has regular spray tans and has lovely skin and tans easily, but we were both disappointed with it! She said it was very natural, but very very light! She said it hardly noticed?! She left it on over 2 hours then washed it off, I kept saying its going to develop more, but no, nothing! Very disappointed x

Latest posts

Back