Moroccan Tan questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Hi
I've had a search but not quite found the answers I'm looking for I'm afraid.
I've recently trained in spray tanning and ordered the start up kit from S2.
All the various MT bottles came too, but no info. So I'm wondering what do you offer? Do people actually stock all 6 shades? Is 8% so low it's hardly used? Is 15% so dark its hardly used?
Also obviously I've learnt about the DHA and percentages of tan on my course but I've got Moroccan coco 14%, bronze 12%, original 10%, gold 8%, dusk 11% and finally nights 15%. The first 4 are all 2 hour tans-does this mean the client needs to leave it at least 2 hours or at the most 2 hours before rinsing? Dusk also says 4 hours and nights 1 hour. Can someone clarify for me please? Sorry I thought there would be some information that came with the kit!
I would really like to use MT as I've seen such good reviews and praise but on my course we used sienna X tonight's the night where my model could leave it on for as long as she wanted to deepen the colour and this seemed a good product. Do MT do anything like this or are one of my samples the same kind of idea?
Thanks for any advice or help you can give.

I do stock all shades, Clients like that you've a great selection and can customise their tans to suit their skin tones and preference.

The original collection must be left on for a minimum of 2 hours, but can be left on for up to 8 hours. However, the length of time the tan is on does not effect the final outcome of the tan, If the client wants a deeper tan she needs to go up a percentage. I once had no choice but to leave the original 10% on for 16 hours, the tan wasn't darker than what a 10% normally is but i didn't get as nice a wear off on it as i usually do, so its not the end of the world if your client doesn't wash it off bang on 2 hours, but i wouldn't recommend them sleeping in it overnight. I think its a great bonus that you don't have to sleep in it overnight!!

The Exotic collection has to be left of for 4 hours for the 11%, and 1 hour of for the 15% , again this is the minimum time to be left on and if it goes over a bit then its not the end of the world but don't leave it on overnight.

All shades are useable, I use 8% on brides a lot and on redheads or people during winter who want a glow but don't' want to look to obvious that they have tan on. And 15% is popular with olive toned clients. If you don't want to have stock left over why not just keep a sample pack to hand so you have all shades :)

The most popular for me is the original collection 10% and 14% but it will really depend on your clients skin tones and preference.

The original collection is a green based tan that gives a lovely natural golden tan to people with cool-neutral skin tones, I'm warm toned but love the colour of the original collection. The exotic collection is better suit to olive skin tones, as its violet based and helps neutralize yellow tones. TBH i think both solutions will work on the majority of skin tones it just depends on what your clients prefer, i have a mix of both who love the original an exotic so i keep both.

Any questions feel free to ask me :)

Wow that brilliant noreen, thanks for the details! Exactly everything I needed to know! It's good that none of them are "sleep in" tans as everyone asks the dreaded bed sheets question! Thanks so much for that, x

Sorry I do have another question I know this would generally depend on how much product you would use on a client but what is the normal amount of ml you would use and do you know how many tans you can get from the bottles that come with the get started kit? They are 125ml each bottle. Thanks x

Normally no more than 50mls of solution per person, make sure you check your settings by spraying a piece of couch roll or tissue , it should wet the front but not soak through to the back :)

Didn't want to start another thread but how are we meant to know the rrp on the retail products of MoroccanTan when they're not on the S2 website? I can't find them anywhere x

Didn't want to start another thread but how are we meant to know the rrp on the retail products of MoroccanTan when they're not on the S2 website? I can't find them anywhere x
Is there a way you can direct message me?
As you can't post about costs

Hi rippersroo,

The RRPs can be found in the back of the S2 catalogue or you can contact Sweet Squared to request RRPs :)

Hope this helps!

Hi square sorry just seen your reply! I'll message you as I don't have a catalogue! Thanks x

I do stock all shades, Clients like that you've a great selection and can customise their tans to suit their skin tones and preference.

The original collection must be left on for a minimum of 2 hours, but can be left on for up to 8 hours. However, the length of time the tan is on does not effect the final outcome of the tan, If the client wants a deeper tan she needs to go up a percentage. I once had no choice but to leave the original 10% on for 16 hours, the tan wasn't darker than what a 10% normally is but i didn't get as nice a wear off on it as i usually do, so its not the end of the world if your client doesn't wash it off bang on 2 hours, but i wouldn't recommend them sleeping in it overnight. I think its a great bonus that you don't have to sleep in it overnight!!

The Exotic collection has to be left of for 4 hours for the 11%, and 1 hour of for the 15% , again this is the minimum time to be left on and if it goes over a bit then its not the end of the world but don't leave it on overnight.

All shades are useable, I use 8% on brides a lot and on redheads or people during winter who want a glow but don't' want to look to obvious that they have tan on. And 15% is popular with olive toned clients. If you don't want to have stock left over why not just keep a sample pack to hand so you have all shades :)

The most popular for me is the original collection 10% and 14% but it will really depend on your clients skin tones and preference.

The original collection is a green based tan that gives a lovely natural golden tan to people with cool-neutral skin tones, I'm warm toned but love the colour of the original collection. The exotic collection is better suit to olive skin tones, as its violet based and helps neutralize yellow tones. TBH i think both solutions will work on the majority of skin tones it just depends on what your clients prefer, i have a mix of both who love the original an exotic so i keep both.

Any questions feel free to ask me :)

Aw this was a fab read! So informative!!! X

Hiya,

I know this is an old thread but i have just invested in this brand. A client has asked me if this product is tested on animals but i can't find anything on their site that says they don't.

Does anyone know for sure if they do or don't?

Thanks

Hi again, I didn't want to start a new thread so here goes...
I've been doing tans for a month now and have done 5 people. Everyone's been happy as I've asked for honest opinions etc. I sprayed a lady yesterday who had the 15%. She's a therapist herself so know the prep although i still explained this to her, done patch test, consultation etc.
So she came for her tan I went over her twice on dial number 4 on my machine (from MoroccanTan kit from sweet squared) I was told on my course not to go higher than number 4 as you start spraying way too much product & I also feel I'm not experienced enough to maybe control this amount coming out and doing my spray methodically!
So I spoke to the lady today and when she washed it off she had no colour!! I don't understand everyone's been really happy and now I feel crap I don't know what I've done wrong?!
I think if it was a normal client I would question their prep but she's a therapist herself and has had spray tan training and I know she would of done her prep correctly!
What's happened here, any ideas?
She suggested using the gun on dial 6 but I think I'm not ready to control that and would it not soak the client and take them ages to dry off? Help please [emoji31] X

Hiya,

I know this is an old thread but i have just invested in this brand. A client has asked me if this product is tested on animals but i can't find anything on their site that says they don't.

Does anyone know for sure if they do or don't?

Thanks

Hi ForYou,

We love all our furry friends, so MoroccanTan is PETA approved - 100% vegan and animal friendly

MT
x

Hi again, I didn't want to start a new thread so here goes...
I've been doing tans for a month now and have done 5 people. Everyone's been happy as I've asked for honest opinions etc. I sprayed a lady yesterday who had the 15%. She's a therapist herself so know the prep although i still explained this to her, done patch test, consultation etc.
So she came for her tan I went over her twice on dial number 4 on my machine (from MoroccanTan kit from sweet squared) I was told on my course not to go higher than number 4 as you start spraying way too much product & I also feel I'm not experienced enough to maybe control this amount coming out and doing my spray methodically!
So I spoke to the lady today and when she washed it off she had no colour!! I don't understand everyone's been really happy and now I feel crap I don't know what I've done wrong?!
I think if it was a normal client I would question their prep but she's a therapist herself and has had spray tan training and I know she would of done her prep correctly!
What's happened here, any ideas?
She suggested using the gun on dial 6 but I think I'm not ready to control that and would it not soak the client and take them ages to dry off? Help please [emoji31] X

Hi rippersroo,

You are 100% correct in spraying on number 4 as you don't want to over-saturate the skin and let the product run.

There could be a number of reasons why your customer didn't go as dark as she hoped to and troubleshooting is the best way to get to the bottom of the issue. Although your client is a therapist, not every spray tan is the same, therefore she might not be used to the way MoroccanTan works.

The main questions we would suggest asking her are "how did she wash the product off?" and "how long she kept the solution on the skin prior to wash off?".

With regards to "wash off", the first rinse must be with water only (no soap, body wash or hair shampoo) and they can't apply anything back onto their skin (eg. moisturiser) until the colour has fully developed - next day.

Our Exotic range (Dusk 11% & Nights 15%) is packed with heaps of hydrating and anti-ageing skincare goodies and sometimes, especially if the skin is a little on dryer side, the skin absorbs the skincare ingredients prior to absorbing the DHA. If this is the case, we would suggest leaving the solution on the skin for a little longer or if they prefer to rinse off faster, using MoroccanCoco instead.

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

MT
x

Hi MT,
She washed off after 4 hours. She also washed off with just water.
I can't understand what's happened. She said there was no colour at all, although I didn't see her in person I see photos of her the next day and she really didn't look like she'd had anything done!
What's the point in having a gun dial up to 6 if there's no need to use it?
She's asked me to use it on 6 next time as she said it's better to make sure she's covered in product. I've offered her the money back but she would rather have another tan but I don't want her being disappointed again [emoji53]

Hi rippersroo,

If your client has done everhtying correctly and the colour didn't develop as dark as what you or her hoped for with MorocanNights after 4 hours, then the below is most likely what has happened:

"Our Exotic range (Dusk 11% & Nights 15%) is packed with heaps of hydrating and anti-ageing skincare goodies and sometimes, especially if the skin is a little on dryer side, the skin absorbs & locks in the skincare ingredients prior to absorbing the DHA, which is the active that makes you brown."

Increasing the gun dial to "6" wouldn't change the outcome as you would have seen the bronzer colour on her skin when you sprayed so you would have seen if you didn't get the coverage. There are a number of reasons why there are levels 5 & 6 on the applicator, main being viscosity of product - if the product is thick, then you would need to increase the flow. Also, some technicians are super fast at spraying so they like the heavy flow. MoroccanTan is best sprayed at level 3 or 4.

To overcome your client not achieving a dark result, our suggestion is still to either leave MoroccanNights 15% on the skin for a little longer (for example 6 hours) or if your client wants to rinse off faster, to use MoroccanCoco 14% instead.

MT
xx

Latest posts

Back