Moroccan Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex keary

Reaction score
Hi hope someone can help! I currently use sienna x but bought the trial size original collection of Moroccan tan. I used the 14% on my husband and he left it on for 2.5hrs and washed it off and the tan did not develop at all not even over the next couple of hours. Does anyone have any ideas what happened? X

Although it has a faster wash off time the colour still needs at least overnight to develop fully.

All hubs has done is wash off the guide colour- the DHA will still be developing & ive had a client take nearly 24 hours to darken fully before. It takes a bit of getting used to as it works totally different to SX, but I love MT xx

You need to give it at least 8 hours after wash off. The amount of times I've had clients texting me at midnight telling me it hasn't worked, despite me telling them to wait until the morning before they judge it! Once people get used to the idea, they love not having to sleep in it overnight.

How's it looking on him now?

It still hasn't changed colour!!!! I called sweet squared and they said he should have left it on for up to 6 hours then washed it off but it's a 2 hour wash off .....so confused x

It still hasn't changed colour!!!! I called sweet squared and they said he should have left it on for up to 6 hours then washed it off but it's a 2 hour wash off .....so confused x

I believe that advice is incorrect! I've used this tan for ages now & it's always been brilliant!! My first thought would be, what prep did he do before you sprayed him?

He exfoliated the night before and then I used barrier cream on the usual spots. When he showered it off he did it till the water ran clear x

Hmmm, was he really hot & sweaty when you sprayed? I'm just trying to think what could have possibly caused the DHA's not to have reacted with the skin? Is he particularly hairy?

I have also found this with Moroccan tan .... It's if you use a percentage that is too high for your skin type .....for example if I use 15% it doesn't touch me I'd go darker with a 10%.... Just try to spray him again with maybe a 10 or 12 xx

Hi Alex,

Every person has different threshold to DHA, some people are simply more sensitive to it. Our Original collection can be left on skin for 2-6 hours prior to rinse off, some people are happy with the colour after 2 hours yet some like the colour after 4. It is all about finding the right amount of time for that person, but with Coco in particular, we never recommend leaving on skin for more than 2-3 hours the first time around.

When your hubby rinsed it off, how long was he in the shower for & did he use a body wash to rinse? This is the most common mistake that clients do when changing from a different brand. The first rinse should be just that - a quick rinse with warm (not hot) water & without introducing any new product to the skin like body wash or shampoo. The first rinse simply gets rid of most guide colour & excess DHA that the skin doesn't need.

Full colour then develops over 12-24 hours.

Perhaps you can try Nights on him next time or maybe leave on skin for a bit longer and please let us know how you go!

MT
xx

Hi thanks for everyone's comments
I tried the nights 15% on him the weekend and left it on for 3 hours he rinsed quickly with just water and it worked a little better. Maybe it's just his skin as I used the 10% on me and was really pleased with it x

Latest posts

Back