Moroccan Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la.tanning

Reaction score
Hi, I've just tried out Morrocan tan on myself and confused when to wash it off?? Do I wash off after 2 hours??

Hi, I've just tried out Morrocan tan on myself and confused when to wash it off?? Do I wash off after 2 hours??
If it's the white bottle Yes

Because it's a rapid tan you can wash it off after 2 hours if you wish (as a minimum) but you can also leave it longer than the 2 hours too.

Hi la.tanning,

All of the products from the Original Collection (white bottles) are 2 hour formulas. This means that the product can be washer off (rinse off with water only) 2 hours after the application and the colour will keep developing further. For darker results, this collection can be left on skin for longer, for example, up to 6 hours for Bronze & Coco.

Exotic collection (black bottles) is a little different as they are further jam packed with skin care goodness. Dusk is a 4+ hour rinse off and Nights is 1+ hour rinse off, and again, for darker results the product can be left on skin for longer prior to rinse off.

Happy Tanning,

MT
xx

Can anyone advise......
How dark is Moroccantan - 'Nights', compared to StTropez - 'Dark'

My daughter normally wears St Tropez, but I want to try the Moroccantan on her.
Trouble is, she's off on her hols tomorrow, and I 'm a tad worried it will be too dark.:oops:
By the way, she is fair skinned!!!!Yep, she won't listen....she likes to look well tanned!:p

Can anyone advise......

Trouble is, she's off on her hols tomorrow, and I 'm a tad worried it will be too dark.:oops:
By the way, she is fair skinned!!!!Yep, she won't listen....she likes to look well tanned!:p

Honestly it will be very dark as its 15% so it's like ultra dark... whereas 12% is dark...

How I work it out is -
8 is light
10 is medium
12 is dark
13-16 is ultra dark

As you said she is fair skin but with the violet base she won't be orange.

Thank you for your quick response.:)
I've gone with the 11%, 'Dusk'.

Thank you for your quick response.:)
I've gone with the 11%, 'Dusk'.

Excellent LOL you will be happy if she wants dark she can leave it on for 8 hours...

Is this your first time trying Moroccan tan?

Can anyone advise......

I haven't tried nights yet but I left Dusk on for over 8 hours (not intentionally) and I'm extremely fair complexion with red hair and freckles and it was a nice colour on me. I've had much darker tans so if she finds it too pale could you give her another spray in the morning if it's too light for her

I bought the trial range, and have used the 8% on myself and my partner.....he's very pale skinned and it looked soooo good, very natural, essential when spraying a guy I think.:cool:
I used the 10% on my daughter, excellent.:D

My eldest, as mentioned, does tend go over board on the tanning....often raving about something she's picked up in Boot's, which ends up looking 'Umpa Lumpa'!
Fingers crossed the 'Dusk' hit's the spot!;)

I've tried the 10% on myself and a client in the past but it was a very subtle colour change.
I love a true brown colour and I'm always trying new samples as lots look orange on my skin tone. I've used LDN skins for over a year and love it but it's not dark enough for a few of my ladies. I add suntana booster drops to that and also Suntana V as it's a very brown toned tan.
Your daughter may also like LA Tan 14% disco. It's dark and a brown tone too.

It really will!! How long is she leaving it on for?

It's still on!
I'll be honest, she wanted 'Dark'.....but I used the 'Dusk' by mistake! :oops:...the sample bottles are not clearly marked.
On realising my error.......I advised her to leave it on overnight....:cool:
I am hoping that leaving it on longer will give a deeper colour....

I'm for it if she isn't 'Mediterranean brown' by the morning:p.

LOL she will be 11% is an olive tan... Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee let me know how the colour turns out!!!

Well......:rolleyes:.....no surprise, it's not dark enough!
I've not seen in 'in the flesh' so to speak, as shes on her hols now, but sent a photo.
It looked great to me, but as I've mentioned, she likes a 'David Dickenson':D

Well......:rolleyes:.....no surprise, it's not dark enough!
I've not seen in 'in the flesh' so to speak, as shes on her hols now, but sent a photo.
It looked great to me, but as I've mentioned, she likes a 'David Dickenson':D

How about trying Moroccan coco on her? To be honest I find exotic 11% quite natural looking, I often use it for clients who have sensitive skin/history of dry patches and eczema and it turns out similar to Origanal on them! With the Exotic collection, because they contain so many moisturising ingredients, if skin is dry then it can absorb the oils before the DHA and then not go as dark.

Is she fair/pink-toned? If she is then it's recommended she is more suited to the original range as it is green based. The Exotic is violet based and Nights especially can look a bit 'off' on very fair skins... my Moroccan Tan trainer said she tried it on a red head girl who was very fair with freckles and it went purple :eek:

Where do you guys buy this tan is it only available on their website? I'm just getting back into spray tanning.
I've used to use Lauren's way but they no longer sell it so I'm trying to find something new
Thanks x

Lauren has rebranded and is now "Lauren's gold official" and Moroccan tan is also available from sweet squared xx

I'll have a look at both thanks @fluffy26

How about trying Moroccan coco on her? To be honest I find exotic 11% quite natural looking, I often use it for clients who have sensitive skin/history of dry patches and eczema and it turns out similar to Origanal on them! With the Exotic collection, because they contain so many moisturising ingredients, if skin is dry then it can absorb the oils before the DHA and then not go as dark.

Is she fair/pink-toned? If she is then it's recommended she is more suited to the original range as it is green based. The Exotic is violet based and Nights especially can look a bit 'off' on very fair skins... my Moroccan Tan trainer said she tried it on a red head girl who was very fair with freckles and it went purple :eek:

Violet is the only shade that is complementary on pale skin. I cannot use green on pale skin it turns pale skin orange.
If you look at the colour wheel it makes sense.

Latest posts

Back