Mortgages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoshTans

Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to see a mortgage advisor next week at Halifax (first time buyer).Can anyone tell me whether they have there mortgage with Halifax and if it was a smooth process?
Or can anyone recommend a different bank to take a mortgage out with?

Thanks x

We got a really good fixed 5 year rate with Virgin this month. :)

Go to an independent adviser Thay can search the hole market for you,to get yoi the best deal a bank can only sell there own products :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

As an ex independent mtg advisor and ex Halifax staff I would deffo seek independent advice as well hun x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep I work for a high street bank and would definitely advise you go to a mortgage broker but ensure they are whole of market and not tied to specific lenders

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Check martins money tips, so much mortgage info on there. Even if mortgage brokers are whole off the market there's still places that doesn't include so you will need to compare with them yoo

Thanks for the info girls will check them all out : ) xx

Our financial adviser searched for our best mortgage at the time. Halifax were by far the best we got £100 cash back on completion. Then a month after we moved in we got a prezzie to our door a hamper with tea, coffee, sugar, bottle of wine, biscuits, sweets, picture hooks, tool kit and lots of smellys in got somemore in but cant remember everything. Was a nice little touch the hamper we didnt expect.

X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also even if eventually you find the Halifax is the best mortgage deal for you, don't just sign up for their building and contents insurance. They are the most expensive for that and get away with it because it gets lumped n with your monthly mortgage payment and you don't realise how much you are paying over the year.
I just switched to Direct Line and have better cover £600 cheaper!

Comparison Sites are really worth checking out ;)

Our financial adviser searched for our best mortgage at the time. Halifax were by far the best we got £100 cash back on completion. Then a month after we moved in we got a prezzie to our door a hamper with tea, coffee, sugar, bottle of wine, biscuits, sweets, picture hooks, tool kit and lots of smellys in got somemore in but cant remember everything. Was a nice little touch the hamper we didnt expect.

X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oooh I like the sound of the hamper, what a lovely touch! We've met with Halifax recently and are considering taking out a mortgage with them. They are offering £650 cashback on completion at the moment.

Deffinately go to an independant advisor. We are currently moving house and we are tied to a bank begining with N already and it has just been a nightmare we are 4weeks into our move and the bank hasnt even sent off our application yet! And its barely possible to get an appt whereas with independant ones they usually stay late etc to fit around you xx

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Halifax mortgages are amazing. Ive personally not had a better deal elsewhere.

If youre going to go to an independant advisor then check out the high st banks yourself too as sometimes the banks will have deals that they only give to customers and not to brokers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

We went to a mortgage advisor and the Halifax, the Halifax was by far the best deal and the advisor told us to take it! When the renewal came up we ended up with Halifax again!!

Latest posts

Back