Most popular Shellac colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Cutie

Reaction score
What are your most popular shellac colours in your salon?

In ours it is Wildfire, Blackpool and Hot Chillies

My clients love fedora and rubble at the moment and all the reds always good too. (I'm home/mobile)

Decadence is my most popular red !
Hot chilli most popular pink !!
Iced capachino popular nude
Rock royalty purple is also a lot of my clients first choice lol

I havnt got rubble yet or city scape ! :(

vexed violet, wildfire, moonlight and roses.....i NEVER get asked for hot chillis??

Hot chillis, Red Baroness, Fedora and Dark lava are the most used in my collection xxx

Hi, I am going to start with Shellac, can anyone advise me on what colours are popular please. I would like to start with a nice light & dark pink, Red, French Manicure, Dark red, Brown and anything people can recommend please? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think to start, that should be enough, until you start to see a profit. Although saying that, you can NEVER have too many shellac colours

take a look at the sweet squared shellac kits, they are great value if you are starting up from scratch and need all the pep products + lamp etc.
Some of them come with pre-selected colours and I think some let you choose your own.

If you join the Shellac Lovers group there is a great thread that helps you out choosing colours, I found it really helpful. It doesn't have the latest colour collection so I would add in maybe one of those so you have another dark - midnight swim is my favourite!

Here's the link:

Salon Geek - Shellac Color Buying Guide (updated for 2012)

Lol, you are likely to be inundated with colour recommendations now! And everyone has different preferences. ;)
If you want to find out the best-selling colours then I'm sure the fabulous people at Sweet Squared will fill you in - you can contact them on 08452106060. & Top Tip: they also do amazing package deals containing the CND UV Lamp, preparation products, base and top coat, popular colours etc - BIG saving to be had setting up this way. :)
It would also be worth getting in touch with your local EA Jeni Smith at Creative Academy Cambridgeshire. She has ALL the colours (if you want to see them in the flesh) and also offers a 3-hour, CND-approved and insurance-recognised Shellac course for qualified manicurists - and the great news is it costs less to do the course than I charge for 2 Shellac manicures. WELL worth doing.

Finally, ENJOY!! CND Shellac is fabulous. :)

Use lots of: fedora, rubble, masquerade, midnight swim, tropix, wildfire, dark lava

Never use: Hot chillis, Hotski, iced coral & cappucino, tutti frutti, gotcha

Tutti frutti, dark lava, Blackpool, red baroness, and hot chillis :)

Never get asked for iced cap!

Hey geeks just about to order some new cnd colours... Just wondered what everyone found was most popular ?? Xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
hiya, oooh i love ordering new colours i get so giddy ;) personally my most popular are -

Cream Puff & Beau (french)
Dark Lava
Rock Royalty
Asphalt
Tutti Frutt
Hot Pop Pink
Hot Chillis
Strawberry Smoothie

i think a lot of geeks use negligee for french but im yet to try it! I also love Zillionaire for a bit of sparkle. Happy ordering xxxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

have u checked out the cnd website for layering options? just a thought, then you get to play a bit as well xxx

Red baroness
Blackpool
Midnight swim
Rock Royalty
Silver VIP status (really brings the nails to life)

Red baroness
Blackpool
Midnight swim
Rock Royalty
Silver VIP status (really brings the nails to life)

oooh i was looking at midnight swim last week but i went with fedora instead, lol maybe i should have got both! xxx

Dark lava and masquerade are my most popular SS

When I first started out I made sure i had one red, one pink, French, dark, sparkle ect im sure I read if you get in touch with s2 they can tell you the most popular colours that are bring bought ATM.

oooh i was looking at midnight swim last week but i went with fedora instead, lol maybe i should have got both! xxx

Fedora was my most popular colour when I started out! Lol

Latest posts

Back