Most Successful Promotions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
We all know that the best advertisment for our business is the beautiful nails we create and the grateful clients who spread the word BUT every now and again it is nice to say thank you or to have a new injection of clients in the salon.

Tell us about your most successful Promotion. Whether is was an advertisement you put in the local paper (never worked well for me) or some inspired idea you thought up.

Also does anyone run a loyalty scheme for devoted clients that they just love (the clients I mean) ;) ? We used to have a good one that got everyone all fired up ... tell you later :arrow:

One of the things that worked really well for me when I was just starting out working from home :shock: ...........A friend of my daughters who is a very popular girl :queen: and lives local, I offered to do her a full set of nails if she would show her nails off and hand out flyers to friends at work ect ect.......It worked as about 15 of my regular clients where recommended by her.
Was cheaper than an addy in the paper.
For me I think referral and word of mouth is the best way to go.
take care all
Dawnie xxxxx

No not the type where you have dingly dangly things thrust in your drink :shock: :shock:

Hopefully, rather more discerning than that! Not too sure as I have never done one before.....that is.........until tonight......OMG :shock: am actually rather aprehensive about it really.

I think the general deal is 8-10 female based professions set up in the local village hall. Ladies are then invited to come and browse, browse, browse. They get an interesting evening out and hopefully we gain one or two new clients. I have printed up loads of leaflets and will enclose 10% off vouchers with an end date of 30 April. So who knows, if nothing else, I'll just get p****d :rofl: :rofl: (only joking, got to be professional :rofl: :rofl: )

Anyway I'll keep you posted as to whether it proves prosperous.

Decidedly disturbed dellie :silly:

I remember well the first demonstration I ever gave in a ladies fitness center (15 years ago). I asked if anyone in the audience had ever had their nails done before? (Remember this was England and Nails were VERY new) To my horror, one lady piped up that not only had she had her nails done, but having them done had 'ruined' all of her nails and they had all gone green and they had taken a year to recover etc. etc. :evil:

Oh boy! Well I managed to turn it around, BUT it was uphill all the way for a while after that! :oops: Funnily enough I must have done a good job convincing the audience that these sort of problems needn't necessarily happen, because the very lady that had had such a horrible experience, booked an appointment for a full set and has been a client ever since ... really. It was such a long time ago that her daughter now is a regular at the salon too!! :D So I guess that promotion was worth doing.

Anyway, let my experience be a lesson to one and all who do this type of promo - now I always start by asking, "Has anyone here ever been 'put off' having their nails done because of a bad experience?? This gets the negative out of the way before I start, and gives me the chance to say why these problems shouldn't happen when they choose a well trained professional to perform their nail services. More ideas from me later.

Lets hear some more from our experienced technicians especially the Americans as they are so good at this sort of thing.

Any potential client who is apprehensive about receiving acrylics, due to past experience, horror stories, whatever... I offer to give them one acrylic nail and tell them to come back in 2 weeks.

When they return I remove the nail... let them see their own nail underneath and they generally book for a full set.

I do this 'sample' free and if they book for a mani etc I will polish all 10 nails so they can see just how well the polish holds up on the acrylic - this usually sells them itself.

Have to take my hat off to you for doing a stand up 15 years ago.....did anyone actually know what a nail enhancement was!!! That is apart from your very considerate (I don't think so) lady :fire:

My evening didn't go too badly at all. I think my most dreaded thing was not looking professional enough. In reality, I think I pulled it off. Had a good number of leaflets removed from my table during the night as I gaily manicured my sister-in-law's hands, and had a few people come up at the end of the night and ask me some questions. Also donated a manicure for the cause :fro:

In hindsight I definitely took way to much stuff, and also when someone approached the table I tended to shrivel up and die! I have another one in 2 weeks time and this time I plan to be more assertive (not overly and scarily :shock: ) and actually ask people if I can be of any help, ie. do they have any problems they might like to discuss, and actually offer them one of my leaflets rather than wait for them to remove one.

As to whether it was worth it, only time will tell but a number of people didn't realise they had a nail tech just down the road to them.

Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back