Mother of the Bride Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdnaples

Reaction score
Hello Again Fellow Nail Geeks :)

I am soon to be "Mother of the Bride" and im looking for ideas as to what i shall apply to my nails for my daughters special day :)

I know it has a lot to do with my style and personality and what I shall be wearing. to give you an idea I will be wearing a self colored dress (Cream ) and my hat is going to be Navy & Cream. I prefer to accessorize with the accent color, her bridesmaids are in navy.
I guess i am waivering more towards a lovey french but not totaly plain, I like bling but not OTT so i was wondering if anyone can post some pics of nails specifically french but french with a touch of bling ofcourse I'm open to anything.

I love crystal pedicures and did think i may go for that on my toes as i am wearing open toe shoes, but i am not going to go for a full crystal pedi. Has anyone combined a french with crystals ...pics would be wonderful so i can see how it looks.
This will be a special day as i only have 1 daughter and i will never get the chance to be mother of the bride again so i want to feel special too :)

All suggestions very welcome :)

Also...I love gelish or shellac as my own nails are strong and not overly long, again if i were to get enhancements I'm open to that too...i just would love some fresh ideas :)

Okay for all that has viewed my query not 1 nail geek has any fresh idea's for a mother of the bride nails ?

If you want a french but something a little nicer why not have a konad stamped french. you could maybe add a few crystals x

Don't go for similar to your daughter.

IMO Go really bold- if your nails can take
it.

Consider your skin-tone, but I'm thinking a hot pink or irridescent purple?

I am NOT a nail Geek - but I love Shellac. Can personally recommend it

Have a wonderful day!

What about a french, which is nice and classic with a 'blingy' ring finger?

Perhaps some crystals on your ring fingers to match your toes? Either all over, or just three or so place in a line along the length of the nail?

Or a rockstar?

Or the navy to match your accent?

Thank you all for those suggestions ....thay all sound fab :) ...I think i will have a trial run, test out a Bling French also I have Gelish Caution (is there another Gelish color thats navy?) so i might try that on all my fingers and rockstar my ring fingers....there is so much to choose from...for sure i won't be the same as my daughter ....I'm not the bride, your right i need to be different :)

Does anyone have any nail pics that they have done for the mother of the bride ?

Thanks again :) it's great to get ideas :)
I plan to post pics of my trials when i get round to doing them :)

If you want a french but something a little nicer why not have a konad stamped french. you could maybe add a few crystals x

Love that idea but i don't know anyone that does Konad and i don't have it either, I'll look into that :):D

Don't go for similar to your daughter.

IMO Go really bold- if your nails can take
it.

Consider your skin-tone, but I'm thinking a hot pink or irridescent purple?

I am NOT a nail Geek - but I love Shellac. Can personally recommend it

Have a wonderful day!

Thank you....Great to see u love Shellac ...i love it too as well as Gelish.
Ur input is much appreciated :)

What about a french, which is nice and classic with a 'blingy' ring finger?

Perhaps some crystals on your ring fingers to match your toes? Either all over, or just three or so place in a line along the length of the nail?

Or a rockstar?

Or the navy to match your accent?

I mean't to say my hat is mostly cream with a touch of Navy so all your ideas sound great.
I'm gonna have fun trying out different nail colors, i do know my tootsies will have crystals for sure :)
Thank You for your suggestions they are very cool :)

Hi,

If you do a search on google for Gelish/Shelac Wedding nails and then click images, there are loads to look at. Hth :D x

Thanks for that advice but i already searched and yes there are a lots for wedding's but most cater more for the Bride which is great cause weddings are more about the bride...I was just hoping maybe some nail techs on here had done Mother of The Bride nails, possibly some pics would be good to see if anyone has any? :)

Latest posts

Back