Mother Tiger

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
In a zoo in California, a mother tiger gave birth to a rare set of triplet tiger cubs. Unfortunately,
due to complications in the pregnancy, the cubs wer e born prematurely and due to their tiny
size, they died shortly after birth.

The mother tiger after recovering from the delivery, suddenly started to decline in health,
although physically she was fine. The veterinarians felt that the loss of her litter had caused
the tigress to fall into a depression. The doctors decided that if the tigress could surrogate
another mother's cubs, perhaps she would improve.

After checking with many other zoos across the country, the depressing news was that there
were no tiger cubs of the right age to introduce to the mourning mother. The veterinarians
decided to try something that had never been tried in a zoo environment. Sometimes a mother
of one species will take on the care of a different species. The only orphans" that could be
found quickly, were a litter of weanling pigs. The zoo keepers and vets wrapped the piglets in
tiger skin and placed the babies around the mother tiger. Would they become cubs or pork chops?

Take a look...you won't believe your eyes!!
showimage.php

Aww that is sooo sweet, but i bet she soon realises

When I saw the dolphin pics I thought "no way, someone's had Lell a good'un" lol, so I checked it out on Snopes and it was true!!!
Did the same for the tiger one... aren't they the cutest? and such a fab idea!

Aaawww!

wonder if it helped her get over her own loss? Bless.

How cute do they look??? Lets hope it helps mum over her grieving,

When I saw the dolphin pics I thought "no way, someone's had Lell a good'un" lol, so I checked it out on Snopes and it was true!!!
Did the same for the tiger one... aren't they the cutest? and such a fab idea!

Lol I did the same thing before posting didn't want to look a twonk :lol:

Latest posts

Back