Motivation for business purposes.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
I am feeling unmotivated to push my business, is this common for this time of year, and how would you get round this blockage?

It's the cold, the rain, the lack of light and sunshine!!!!

So....what are you planning on learning this year then?

What other services are you going to add to your bow?

How are you going to increase your customer base?

How will you encourage your clients to book more regularly?

What about letting your clients have a wee free 5 minutes of one of your other services to let them experience it?

And I see you're in love...well tell that man of yours to kick your butt:)

Lack of motivation is a killer, as everything seems to difficult or hard to be bothered to do. Unfortunately, i rarely find that there is anything other people do to motivate me... but once i get going there's little to stop me.

Have you thought about your marketing plan for this year?? what do you plan to do to puch sales for valentines or easter?? sometimes that can get the creative juices going and your motivation comes back.

Business being slow at this time of year does tend to put a dampener on things, as most people get the post-xmas blues. you may want to do a campaign on that... beat the post-xmas blues with a luxurious facial (or whatever)....
You could look to see if there are any new courses you may want to do to bring a new treatment in.... loads of bits....

Thanks geeks, I have found some motivation, (through kicking my own butt). I have enrolled in a course, which I have always wanted to do.

I am also attending a marketing network group soon, so you could say slowly getting there.

Thanks again!!

Hi,

Just wanted to say really glad you found some motivation. At this time of year it is really difficult. The fact that you've booked on a course that you really wanted to do will not only give you a new lease of life, but also your treatment menu as well, which is great! :hug:

I've loads of motivation at the moment but i can't do much about it as am laid up for a few days after an op. With such a bright dry day i just want to get out and start leafleting, but i'm bed bound..... so instead i'm printing more leaflets!! You just know next weekend is gonna be gray and wet!! good job i bought some new wellies!!!

Last edited:
I'm reading Paul McKenna, how to make yourself rich book and it comes with a free hypnosis meditation CD which I've downloaded onto my phone and listen to it in bed.

although I haven't really done any of the excercises in the book, it has helped me focus on what is important and to work on areas that will help me.

I think we all feel a little bit like this at this time of year, and it is notoriously quiet, which gives us poor therapists far too much time to hang around and obsess and dwell about it.

I think like attracts like, so if you think happy you attract happy.
If you think negatively you attract negativity.

I know its easier said than done, but try and focus on WHAT IS GOOD AT THE MOMENT. and perhaps lay down some plans for the future. I've got far too much time on my hands so have pre-planned until end of March, and thats from someone who usually takes each day as it comes!

This time last year I was very depressed and on St Johns Wort tincture to try and pull me out of this blackhole. Luckily this year, I am much brighter.

good luck and keep geeking, keeps us all sane(ish)!:eek:

i think we have all felt unmotivated at times

this crap weather does not help at all

keep your head up and you will achieve your dreams

thanks snugglepuss

very well written!

Latest posts

Back