Motorcycle, travel and hair issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss_hkrs

Reaction score
I really need some hair advice please. I am due to go travelling in a couple of months time for 2 months, we are going by motorbike around Europe and extremely limited in what we can take so that means potentially no straighteners or hair dryer.

I have curly frizzy hair with highlights although i'm in the process of growing these out and not had them done since September 2015 so have a good 3" growth. I never wear my hair curly as again im trying to grow my hair so i don't have to straighten it (my hair is currently shoulder length). I also suffer from Psoriasis and had a gastric sleeve in 2014. Since my surgery for gastric sleeve my hair has really suffered and it's resulted in my hair snapping off in places, namely on the right hand side at the top which is also a reason for me stopping having my highlights. I do go for regular cuts, normally every 6 weeks but this time 9 and im fairly happy with my hair as it is. I've been using Redken Anti-snap and intend to move onto a different range (possibly Philip Kingsley) when i return from travels.

Forgot to mention i do coconut oil treatments once a week with tea tree oil and i have a lush protein treatment i use over the top for the last 20 minutes.

My query is could i have a Brazilian blow dry, my hair chemically straightened, or anything else, so i can survive 2 months without straighteners??

Also, can you recommend any decent shampoo/ conditioners i can take while travelling for my hair that isn't cheap cheap but also doesn't cost £20+ a bottle. as we can only take one shampoo/ conditioner between the two of us and since i won't be washing my hair daily i don't want to waste money on something he won't appreciate...

Thank you, really appreciate the help.

Anybody? Please.

Phyto shampoos are a reasonable price for professional brand. Closer to the £10 mark than £20.

Could you not just put your hair up or plait it?

Id be reluctant to use chemicals on your hair as it is already suffering, but of the two I'd say Brazilian Blowdry, go for a consultation and talk it through with a stylist.

Thanks I'll look into the shampoos. I really don't like wearing my hair up because of my psoriasis and it's too short to pull into a Plait other than the fringe. Guess I'm going to have to beg for hairdryer room at the very least. Eek!

Protein based products should be used sparingly. Adding too much protein can actually cause hair to snap and break off.

If your hair is dry, look for a moisturising shampoo/conditioner, particularly if you're going to be in warmer climates or busy (smoggy) cities.

The Osmo colour care range is sulphate free and good value.

Latest posts

Back