Movies to watch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPB

Reaction score
I thought i would create a topic of really good movies to watch. I am looking for films to purchase online but would like to know which films are good.

Also have anyone seen World War Z in cinema yet? I have its brilliant.:D

django unchained, watched that last week and loved it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Django unchained, Sinister

django unchained, watched that last week and loved it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Django unchained, Sinister

Never heard or seen it. Sinister i have heard of, but don't know if i have seen it, i'll google it now. I'm hopeless at horrors thou.:sad:

Django unchained by far one of the best films I have seen in ages. I quite liked Star Wars (I think it was that or trek) anyway if you're a fan of them you won't like it if not like me you will lol. Maybe. I have watched almost everything lol. Im just going through Apple TV listings to find you all these that I would recommend :

What kind of films do you like?

Animated ones;
Despicable me, megamind, the incredibles, ratatouille, flubbed (just an oldy but funny), up, a bugs life, toy story, wall-e, findi nemo, ice age films, avatar,

Action and adventure:
Sky fall, life of pie (not seen but really really want too), hunger games (was decent), batman films, limitless was ok, inception, taken 1 is good in 2 he just seemed old, iron man films, the Bourne films, red, dredd, death race, mission impossible, safe house, the girl with the dragon tattoo (not for the faint hearted though), unknown, law abiding citizen, the adjustment buro, hurt locker, the next 3 days, contagion, mechanic, safe, the grey, unstoppable. Goodfellas, blood diamond, Pelham 123, enemy of the state, training day, the transporter, kill bill, panic room, Hancock, transformers, 300, surrogates, jumper, 9, 21 jump street, this means war, range, date nit, oceans eleven, oceans thirteen, Mirrors,

Comedy: (these are the ones I find hilarious or easy watches)
No strings attached, just go with it, parental guidance, Madagascar, bridesmaids, friends with benefits, the hangover, white chicks, ted, morning glory, Kung fu panda, puss in boots, shrek, over the hedge, bad teacher, stupid crazy love, the proposal, definitely maybe, the switch, love actually, love and other drugs, th e ugly truth, th e holiday, whats your number, confessions of a shopaholic, 500 days of summer, bride wars, how do you know, 50 first dates, its complicated, noting hill, 27 dresses, Forrest Gump, 10 things i hate about you, knocked up, ghost town, made of honour, about a boy, just friends, me myself and Irene, one day, Marley and me, 50/50, Juno, click, the devil wears prada, lost in translation, catch me if you can, jerry McGuire,

Horror:(I'll try to select only the ones that stuck with me, I like horror films)
I spit on your grave (not for the light hearted again), the silence of the lambs, paranormal activity, insidious, devil, I am legend (not sure why that's in horror), the ring, rec (Subtitled, first 20 mins are god awful, then its brilliant), apartment 143, the haunting,

Thriller:
Die hard films, jack reacher, pulp fiction, lawless, snatch, looper, end of watch, the god father, man on fire, in time, super 8, Prometheus, source code, predator, the day after tomorrow, orphan, case 39, American haunting, the omen,

Just to name a few lol.

My top three favourite films are 1.to wong foo 2.bio dome 3.pretty women (of corse!) i watched the grey last week and was disappointed, apart from that i haven't seen any new films! I love comedies...horrible bosses, ted, role models and i love a bit of jackass!!

Django unchained by far one of the best films I have seen in ages. I quite liked Star Wars (I think it was that or trek) anyway if you're a fan of them you won't like it if not like me you will lol. Maybe. I have watched almost everything lol. Im just going through Apple TV listings to find you all these that I would recommend :

What kind of films do you like?

Animated ones;
Despicable me, megamind, the incredibles, ratatouille, flubbed (just an oldy but funny), up, a bugs life, toy story, wall-e, findi nemo, ice age films, avatar,

Action and adventure:
Sky fall, life of pie (not seen but really really want too), hunger games (was decent), batman films, limitless was ok, inception, taken 1 is good in 2 he just seemed old, iron man films, the Bourne films, red, dredd, death race, mission impossible, safe house, the girl with the dragon tattoo (not for the faint hearted though), unknown, law abiding citizen, the adjustment buro, hurt locker, the next 3 days, contagion, mechanic, safe, the grey, unstoppable. Goodfellas, blood diamond, Pelham 123, enemy of the state, training day, the transporter, kill bill, panic room, Hancock, transformers, 300, surrogates, jumper, 9, 21 jump street, this means war, range, date nit, oceans eleven, oceans thirteen, Mirrors,

Comedy: (these are the ones I find hilarious or easy watches)
No strings attached, just go with it, parental guidance, Madagascar, bridesmaids, friends with benefits, the hangover, white chicks, ted, morning glory, Kung fu panda, puss in boots, shrek, over the hedge, bad teacher, stupid crazy love, the proposal, definitely maybe, the switch, love actually, love and other drugs, th e ugly truth, th e holiday, whats your number, confessions of a shopaholic, 500 days of summer, bride wars, how do you know, 50 first dates, its complicated, noting hill, 27 dresses, Forrest Gump, 10 things i hate about you, knocked up, ghost town, made of honour, about a boy, just friends, me myself and Irene, one day, Marley and me, 50/50, Juno, click, the devil wears prada, lost in translation, catch me if you can, jerry McGuire,

Horror:(I'll try to select only the ones that stuck with me, I like horror films)
I spit on your grave (not for the light hearted again), the silence of the lambs, paranormal activity, insidious, devil, I am legend (not sure why that's in horror), the ring, rec (Subtitled, first 20 mins are god awful, then its brilliant), apartment 143, the haunting,

Thriller:
Die hard films, jack reacher, pulp fiction, lawless, snatch, looper, end of watch, the god father, man on fire, in time, super 8, Prometheus, source code, predator, the day after tomorrow, orphan, case 39, American haunting, the omen,

Just to name a few lol.

Brilliant choice, i have a couple of those. Very good films too :)

Two films I recently saw and enjoyed even though I didn't expect to,
Midnight in Paris and The Help.

I have bought Rock Star <3 love watching that..and going to watch The odd life of timothy green, if anyone have seen that one?

Room 1908 is a brill film.. I think thats what its called, might of got the numbers mixed up lol... another good one is fight club ( very deep ) and brad pitt looks amazing in it :) lol. escape from new york... abit of a man film but I like it. All the saw films. Euro trip is funny that all I can think of from the top of my head :) xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooh and taken thats a good film :) haha

Django was brilliant.I love Quentin Tarantino films.Kill Bill 1 and 2 and Inglorious Bastards are great.i have never seen Reservoir dogs must get round to that.
Old films that I can watch again and again are Dangerous Liasons,Goodfellas,Scarface,Breakfast at Tiffanys,Gentleman prefer blondes and a really really old film that's so old its in black and white is Kind hearts and coronets I defy anyone not to enjoy it no one does on Rotten Tomatoes it gets a rare 100%

Anything by the Coen brothers.
Fargo is one of their best films, and I can watch it again and again I love Frances McDormand in it.
Oh Brother where art thou is also great, and No country for old men, although that might not be everyone's cup of tea ;)
Burn after reading, I found absolutely hilarious especially Brad Pitts character and the last 5 minutes had me in hysterics for ages after the film finished, yet I know people that watched it and thought , what was that all about ;) ?

Room 1908 is a brill film.. I think thats what its called, might of got the numbers mixed up lol... another good one is fight club ( very deep ) and brad pitt looks amazing in it :) lol. escape from new york... abit of a man film but I like it. All the saw films. Euro trip is funny that all I can think of from the top of my head :) xx

Room 1908 :/ never heard of that one, shall google it now. Yea fight club <3

Django was brilliant.I love Quentin Tarantino films.Kill Bill 1 and 2 and Inglorious Bastards are great.i have never seen Reservoir dogs must get round to that.
Old films that I can watch again and again are Dangerous Liasons,Goodfellas,Scarface,Breakfast at Tiffanys,Gentleman prefer blondes and a really really old film that's so old its in black and white is Kind hearts and coronets I defy anyone not to enjoy it no one does on Rotten Tomatoes it gets a rare 100%

I can't say i have see any of these :/

Anything by the Coen brothers.
Fargo is one of their best films, and I can watch it again and again I love Frances McDormand in it.
Oh Brother where art thou is also great, and No country for old men, although that might not be everyone's cup of tea ;)
Burn after reading, I found absolutely hilarious especially Brad Pitts character and the last 5 minutes had me in hysterics for ages after the film finished, yet I know people that watched it and thought , what was that all about ;) ?

Nope not heard of these. lol

Oooh I love oh brother where art thou how could I forget!! Im gonna watch that tonight niw :) and room 1908 is fab its really deep I had to watch it 3 times befote I new what was going on :)

Oooh I love oh brother where art thou how could I forget!! Im gonna watch that tonight niw :) and room 1908 is fab its really deep I had to watch it 3 times befote I new what was going on :)

Shall take a look. I loved four brothers. What a film!

Anyone watched despicable me 2? I really wanna see it!

Anyone watched despicable me 2? I really wanna see it!

No and I'm dying to see this. I think I want to see this more than my kids do. Lol.

Latest posts

Back