Moving away from extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kcbeauty92

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I’m currently trained in gel extensions and gel nails. I’m not really enjoying working with hard gel I just can’t get the shape right! Does any think L&P ( acrylic) is easier to work with then hard gel?

I’m also trained in eyelash extensions and wondering how long it took for your first sets? I’m wanting to move more into lashes, waxing etc

Third and final question what treatments are your most popular?

I think everyone is different. I am trained in both systems but find hard gel easier, yet others prefer L&P. One thing I would mention though, as you are offering other treatments as well as nails, some clients coming for lash extensions or waxing may not like the lingering smell of the monomer from L&P? That's the main reason I don't use it in my salon.

My daughter does eyelash extensions and a set of classics could take up to 3 hours in the beginning. Even now some clients take a lot longer than others, depending on their lashes.

The most popular treatments in our salon are nails and lash extensions, brows (waxing and tinting) and possibly lash Lifting. Tanning is popular in the warmer months too.

I think I may give sculpting a try too. I’m just having a bad day I think, I only trained in February and work around my full time job so I don’t really have that much experience. I’m expecting too much from myself.

The smell of L&P is one thing that puts me off.

Hang in there hun. Tomorrow is another day.
Like you I also have a full time job and I do nails around that.
When I started 5 years ago, although trained in both acrylics and gels I hated gel and only used acrylic. I was NEVER going to use gel and didn't offer it.

Fast forward to last september and now I have fully converted to gel.
I found a product I love and found easier to work with. Plus the support I get from the brand is amazing. They have always helped me to troubleshoot and give lots of ongoing support.

I must say its been hard to change and there's still some aspects of acrylic I miss but overall the positives of using gel out weighs that.
My application is still not perfect (I had gotten my acrylic application perfect) but I'm hanging in there and the more I use gel the better I am getting.

Latest posts

Back