Moving house just before Xmas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CocoAllure

Reaction score
Anyone eles moving house this week??
I am! I don't know whether to be happy or scared!! Just before Xmas a big family move! Part of me is excited to be in the new place just before Xmas and part of me is worried. I'm looking around at everything boxed up and wondering if life is going to be like this for a good few weeks my worst nightmare!! Arghhh x

Hi Coco,
I'm also moving house but the scary thing is, I don't have a moving in date yet! Could be anytime soon as we're just waiting for solicitors to hurry up and complete the sale/buy. I'm a mobile beauty therapist and currently trying not to get my work mixed up with boxes [emoji85] scary but exciting times. You're not on your own [emoji4] xx

I moved this time last year. To be honest it was a stressful time but being so close to xmas gave me the push to sort out and organise everything I possibly could so our Christmas could go as smoothly as possible. It was hard but worth it.
Congrats on the new place xx

Hi Coco,
I'm also moving house but the scary thing is, I don't have a moving in date yet! Could be anytime soon as we're just waiting for solicitors to hurry up and complete the sale/buy. I'm a mobile beauty therapist and currently trying not to get my work mixed up with boxes [emoji85] scary but exciting times. You're not on your own [emoji4] xx

Oh bless u! That must make it drag hopefully won't be too long. I have packed everything up and am losing track of all my stuff. And I hate it all packed up! I have so much stuff that can leak being a nail tech

I moved this time last year. To be honest it was a stressful time but being so close to xmas gave me the push to sort out and organise everything I possibly could so our Christmas could go as smoothly as possible. It was hard but worth it.
Congrats on the new place xx

It's been nice to declutter and throw lots away that I didn't know I had! And also I am a self confessed plastic bag collector. Every hole I stuff bags into. And thankyou I finally have a place of my own cannot wait

Haha I'm the same with plastic bags! I have no idea why but I always think I must keep them!

I had a bag full of next plastic bags then I had a bag for asda and so on I didn't even realise I was that bad. Shocking

Try this for a dilemma. Me and my partner are dying to get our own place. At the minute all we do is argue about which parents house were staying at. So we are thinking about renting. Found a nice house bit on the small side but we aren't fussy. However it needs papered and I new bathroom. Just to top that off he's got to have a knee op. So looks like we're not going anywhere anytime soon. Remember a home is what you make it. A house is what was built. X

When i moved in to the house im in now it was a new build and i got the keys two days before xmas eve [emoji2]

We moved in about a week before Christmas last year.

Our stuff had been in storage in the UK for about 9 months and unfortunately, only half our house contents got delivered immediately before Xmas. We had to wait another 2 weeks for the rest of it to arrive. (!) :eek::mad:

Luckily, we'd bought new bedroom furniture over here and most of the essential house stuff including Christmas decorations were in the first lorryload. :)

All my stuff is in storage but when I say storage I mean my dads damp garage! Worst mistake ever. Not only is it now dirty but damp too so I would have to check everything over

I moved home four months ago and am still unpacking boxes LOL....hope that hasn't put you off ;)

We moved about 14 years ago, and there's still boxes we haven't unpacked! [emoji23]

Coco allure how did it go? Hope you're nicely settled and were able to enjoy Christmas xx

Hi. I moved friday the 18th

Coco allure how did it go? Hope you're nicely settled and were able to enjoy Christmas xx

I've only just seen this! It was stressful I had to get carpet and paint first before the carpet was done! Eugh!!!!! But I'm only just getting back to normality xx

Guys what a joke.. It really is a nightmare and true about it being stressful and all that!

Latest posts

Back