Moving into a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinkle

Reaction score
hiya all, i am going into a salon on thursday.. im doing 3 full days, or renting the room.. im really scared.. lol ive been doing beauty mobile for 2 years now and have enjoyed it but the cost of fuels and the running abouts all day has taking its tole on me and my family..

Did any of you offer special deals the first few weeks? if so what were they?
Was thinking about giving 20% off july only..
also the room is in a hair dressers how can i get there clients trying new things? eg pariffen wax.. love it myself.. lol

i don't own a salon my self but worked at a friends when it first opened to help out. she had an opening offer for the first month 20% off certain treatments and packages i think (this was 2 years ago)

e had posters of different things and offers on treatments that people don't usually have - ie paraffin wax. they asked what it was and more often that not bobs your uncle!! lol

hth xx

I would even consider doing a bigger discount than that, give people a real reason to try your services.

Speak to the salon owner and make sure she's promoting as pushing your services to her clients as well, as it's in her interest to make sure you're busy, cos of you're not, you've no reason to be renting a room from here.

Have a think about doing some sort of a pamper package promotion for the pair of you or other hairstylists, ie offering new/existing clients a cut & blow with facial/waxing for £XX and you both share the profits.

If the clients get a cheap deal to trial your services, yet your not making much money is irrelevant, as if your good enough, they'll be back next time paying full price and also telling their friends.

Good luck x

Latest posts

Back