Moving my beauty salon to a home based salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckjustpamper

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can anyone give me advice on everyone whom I need to inform regarding taking my beauty salon business from a salon and to my home. My lease ends this March. Fortunately we have the room to adapt our home and convert it to accommodate a beauty area/ salon room from home to cater all my needs. I just do not want to worry about leaving home and the overheads and travelling to my salon anymore especially when I have my two young boys to consider. I just keep going totally blank what must I make sure I do before I get too carried away. I have informed my home insurance and the council. Anything Else? Sorry it's very vague xxx

Your neighbours! Also your accountant if you have one to see about tax exemption, and your mortgage provider if you have one.

Your home insurance. We've had to change home insurance a couple of times because the insurance companies think that as you're at home you're more likely to get burgled, that's their theory. Therefore, they either refuse to insure you or they raise it to silly prices. I'm currently with RAC. I think you should inform neighbours if the extra parking is going to be a hindrance to them.

Your home insurance. We've had to change home insurance a couple of times because the insurance companies think that as you're at home you're more likely to get burgled, that's their theory. Therefore, they either refuse to insure you or they raise it to silly prices. I'm currently with RAC. I think you should inform neighbours if the extra parking is going to be a hindrance to them.
And if the parking will annoy your neighbours and they put a complaint in, be prepared to close up shop. Council will just tell you to stop trading if your neighbours complain. I know some geeks have had nightmares with neighbours previously.

Thanks so much everyone for the replies very grateful xxx

When you put in for 'change of use' planning permission the council will write to all the households in your road to see if there are any objections before granting permission.
You are also likely to get a visit from the highways people to check out access and parking to your house.
Suggest you make friends with all your neighbours soon!

I think everybody has pretty much covered everything you'd need to do :)
I also made the move from salon to being home based in April and I can honestly say it is the best thing I have done, and I have never looked back!!
So best of luck with the move, I'm sure you will do fine :) xx

Latest posts

Back