Moyou London stamping & Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait-ni-c

Reaction score
I got some stamping plates at the beauty show at the weekend. Ones grand for picking up the stamp every now and again but the seconds a while intricate design and won’t pick up anything for love nor money.

I’m completely beginner with stamping, I saw on other posts different stamps might make a difference. Any suggestions?

Also had tried gelish but it seems a bit too watery for the stamps. Just wondering what other gelish users do? Thanks in advance

I just recently bought moyou stampers myself and love it! Was worried I would struggle but I’m using their rectangular clear stamper, and their polishes and love them, I find if I put a decent amount of polish on, firmly scrape the polish off the plate once it looks a little messy but picks up on my stamper perfectly [emoji173]️ here is my attempt on just normal nail polish that I did yesterday the polish isn’t perfect as was late at night and I was in a bit of a rush but I’m pretty pleased, I love the clear stamper because I can see I’m getting the image on straight xx
640174EB-EFB2-49DA-9F08-21C4D27DA4B8.jpg

I heard models own nail polish is good too, i was told gel polishes are too thin in consistency so to use a thick opaque normal polish over the gel, and then a gel topcoat (although make sure you leave it to dry enough or you will smudge your designs!) xx

They look great I wish mine were like that. One of my plates has deeper patterns so it stamps a little. But the one with the more detailed design is sooo shallow and isn’t being picked up on the stamper at all. Working fast too

Yours look great love the designs

Oh I’m not sure then ☹️ quite new to it myself I’m sorry I can help any more, it’s definitely tricky to get the hang of xxx

Not all stampers work with all plates, I have several different ones, firm, squishy, marshmallow, etc. and have to have a trial with the plate before using to see which will pick up best. I've found really intricate patterns pick up better with a firmer stamp, but it really is trial and error.

You can't really stamp with Gel Polish as it's not pigmented enough (hence why you need two coats of colour to get full coverage) - you need to stamp with either stamping polish or a highly pigmented normal polish.

Great thanks for the reply! I’ll just have to experiment a bit more with it [emoji172]

Also, some need to be rolled over the polish covering the design and some need to be pushed into the polish (can't think of a better way to word that).
I have the Moyou Clear Stamper and it needs to be rolled over the design and then rolled onto the nail...

Ya the girl doing the demo was rolling it and it definatly works for one of the plates but the mandala designs aren’t budging [emoji30] maybe I’m expecting too much too soon

Ya the girl doing the demo was rolling it and it definatly works for one of the plates but the mandala designs aren’t budging [emoji30] maybe I’m expecting too much too soon

Are you putting enough colour onto the design before scraping? Scraping and transferring quick enough?
Which regular polishes are you using?

Ya I’m putting a fair bit on tried transferring the second I scrape. And the polish is the stamping polish that came with the moyou stamping kit

Ya I’m putting a fair bit on tried transferring the second I scrape. And the polish is the stamping polish that came with the moyou stamping kit
It takes a while to get the hang of it, I was tearing my hair out but just practised over and over again on nail pops. You’ll get it, I wouldn’t use gel polish, as said it’s too watery. The stamping polish is very pigmented and it’s like a totally different texture. Mayou stamps, plates and polishes are great. There’s loads of tutorial videos on YouTube and also trouble shooting tips which is what helped me get the hang of it on the end x

Latest posts

Back