Moyou London stamping help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinnieWelford

Reaction score
Hello Guys!
I've just received first set of 3 plates and stamper from Moyou London! I have had a little play and majority work brilliant (just need to practice I think?!) I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips with using these & if anyone has had problems with them when using gel polish!? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400099348.059822.jpg
I've uploaded a photo of my first attempt of the Suki Collection Plate 07 :) TIA! X

Are you holding the scraper at a 45 degree angle? And are you using a squishy or hard stamper?...if the image is picking up onto the stamper prefect then it's something with application xx
I have 38 moyou plates and only 2 images have never printed xx

Yep, 45 degree angle & I'm using the squishy one, it's a small pink stamper I got. I'm making sure I'm cleaning everything perfectly but it's when I'm using my gel polishes it smudges really easy and some of my lighter colours don't pick up so well? Maybe I just need a few more attempts. Every review I've read about Moyou is great and most of mine are coming up great, it's just certain colours I try don't work so well. Thank you!

Are you removing tacky layer before stamping? X

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you stamping with gel polish or you're stamping onto gel polish but with normal polish or stamping polish?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've tried stamping with gel polish onto gel polish & gel onto a natural nail with just the base coat & it smudges.

The lighter colours I've used I've stamped normal polish onto gel polish and it doesn't even stick to my stamper but say, a black or dark green would stick perfectly? X

Should you not be using the polish that is recommended for the plates?

Yeah they are recommended but other polishes do work just as well x

I've tried numerous times to stamp using shellac and it just doesn't work for me at all. I'd advise nail polish all the way and preferably konad stamping polish or Barry m special effects gold and silver. The polishes need to be of a thick and less liquid more thick consistency or the image just can't pick up right...I also found gel polishes just smudged when I printed with them.
Have you primed your stamper?x

I've tried numerous times to stamp using shellac and it just doesn't work for me at all. I'd advise nail polish all the way and preferably konad stamping polish or Barry m special effects gold and silver. The polishes need to be of a thick and less liquid more thick consistency or the image just can't pick up right...I also found gel polishes just smudged when I printed with them.
Have you primed your stamper?x

I do a full Shellac service, then stamp onto it with either Konad or another suitable STANDARD polish, the I apply another coat of top coat. This works for me. I found trying to use shellac to stamp with did not produce a very good effect.

Yeah always after the full shellac service, you can also use a non acetone remover to clean the image off if you're not happy and it won't affect your service x

Brilliant! Thanks Guys, I keep trying but since it seems gels don't work with stamping! Nevermind! Normal polishes are fine with me I have thousands :) thanks!! X

Brilliant! Thanks Guys, I keep trying but since it seems gels don't work with stamping! Nevermind! Normal polishes are fine with me I have thousands :) thanks!! X

No gels don't work with stamps.

But you can still do a full gel polish service, wipe off inhibition layer, stamp, then apply gel polish top coat, cure and wipe off inhibition layer. I do it all the time.
Its great too if your stamp does not transfer properly, you simply wipe it off with polish remover and start again with no damage to the mani.
Its also great when doing tidy up of an XL image, you can use polish remover and not be concerned about ruining the mani.

If you find some of your polishes a little too runny, I often put a big blob on a silicone mat and let it thicken a little that way before applying to the plate...sounds like hard work but it isn't x

Latest posts

Back