mrs worrypants needs questions answering re creative course pmsl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
hi guys

now before you ask, i have rang the academy 3 times this week already with my stupid (yes i am a worrywart) type questions and dont want to bother the poor girl again lol in case she decides im crazy (yes yes i know i am lol) but i just thought someone on here might have the answers for me lol

so i wondered do i need to bring my nail trainer, i thought you had to, and then realised when i re-read all the info they sent me that it just says bring pen and paper on first day, but im sure i remember reading ages ago, that you could hire them or bring your own, does anyone know if you still need them, (im sure you must do)

and now for clothes it says 'smart casual' no blue jeans. im useless with this, i dont wear jeans anyway (too big lol) but would combat type black pants be ok do you think (narrow leg type not baggy loads of pocket type ones:rolleyes:) and my white tunic? and also since only one tunic fits me at the mo:mad: i will have to wear a normal top on the second while i wash it through, will a black t shirt and black pants be ok , dont wanna look like scruff while everyone else is smart

and im worrying about lunch, girl said theres a food van that comes round for you to buy from, but im assuming its just sarnies and as some of you know im allergic to many things, so will i look like a right plonker if i bring my own lunch?

and one final thing (phew i hear you all say) now it says in the kit there is enought o do few sets of nails, but you will need to buy more stuff in the shop like scrubfresh etc and i would like some creative enamels and i need something i can use as a gift for my donation to the school raffle too, so how much roughly would i need to bring for the shop, i mean , are we talking £50-£100 depending on what i buy or is it gonna be hundreds, what did you guys spend at first?

thanks in advance

from a very worrid little bunny heheh:lol:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi guys

now before you ask, i have rang the academy 3 times this week already with my stupid (yes i am a worrywart) type questions and dont want to bother the poor girl again lol in case she decides im crazy (yes yes i know i am lol) but i just thought someone on here might have the answers for me lol

so i wondered do i need to bring my nail trainer, i thought you had to, and then realised when i re-read all the info they sent me that it just says bring pen and paper on first day, but im sure i remember reading ages ago, that you could hire them or bring your own, does anyone know if you still need them, (im sure you must do) Yes take your nail trainer

and now for clothes it says 'smart casual' no blue jeans. im useless with this, i dont wear jeans anyway (too big lol) but would combat type black pants be ok do you think (narrow leg type not baggy loads of pocket type ones:rolleyes:) and my white tunic? and also since only one tunic fits me at the mo:mad: i will have to wear a normal top on the second while i wash it through, will a black t shirt and black pants be ok , dont wanna look like scruff while everyone else is smart My course was mixed - some in salon clothes and some really scruffy, your proposed outfits sound fine to me

and im worrying about lunch, girl said theres a food van that comes round for you to buy from, but im assuming its just sarnies and as some of you know im allergic to many things, so will i look like a right plonker if i bring my own lunch? I took my own

and one final thing (phew i hear you all say) now it says in the kit there is enought o do few sets of nails, but you will need to buy more stuff in the shop like scrubfresh etc and i would like some creative enamels and i need something i can use as a gift for my donation to the school raffle too, so how much roughly would i need to bring for the shop, i mean , are we talking £50-£100 depending on what i buy or is it gonna be hundreds, what did you guys spend at first?I'd wait and see what they say on the first day, after all you will be doing 3 consecutive days. I didn't spend much to start off with

thanks in advance

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You'll be fine - promise:)

thank you hunny, much appreciated xxxx

nicky you sound like how I did before my first class, but when you walk in to the room you will feel ok. trust me ! I still worry before every class (got one next week and already can't sleep!) I always worry about the car park being full and getting lost etc, the day before I started my foundation i drove a 5 hour round trip just to find the salon and where to park.I knew I'd be in to much of a state to do that in the morning on my own .. hubby said I was mad !! lol

I think you have done a lot of research and will be well prepared in every way, you'll be amazed at how much you know already and the tutor will put you at ease straight away,
yes I'd take your trainer with you, (you've got him so use him !)
yes take your own lunch (you won't spend all morning thinking about it!)
you can't go wrong with white shirt and black pants (looks smart .. what else)
and wait till day 3 to have a shop (gives you time to think what you need, I didn't buy anything till I returned for day 4 there IS so much in the kit !)

and try not to worry. you've done so well getting prepared for this enjoy xx

stop stressing hun , i can remeber being the same though:green: i can remember i wore a shirt and black fitted trousers lol , dunno why i cn remeber that coz it was yrs ago:lol:
as for lunch there will be somewhere for you to eat if you take your own

you will be fine , enjoy it :hug:

hi guys

so i wondered do i need to bring my nail trainer, i thought you had to, and then realised when i re-read all the info they sent me that it just says bring pen and paper on first day, but im sure i remember reading ages ago, that you could hire them or bring your own, does anyone know if you still need them, (im sure you must do) I took my own it just saved me paying a deposit

and now for clothes it says 'smart casual' no blue jeans. im useless with this, i dont wear jeans anyway (too big lol) but would combat type black pants be ok do you think (narrow leg type not baggy loads of pocket type ones:rolleyes:) and my white tunic? and also since only one tunic fits me at the mo:mad: i will have to wear a normal top on the second while i wash it through, will a black t shirt and black pants be ok , dont wanna look like scruff while everyone else is smart I wore my tunic and black trousers, some girls didn't, I think as long as you don't look like you have been sleeping on the streets or out raving all night you'll be fine!

and im worrying about lunch, girl said theres a food van that comes round for you to buy from, but im assuming its just sarnies and as some of you know im allergic to many things, so will i look like a right plonker if i bring my own lunch? No you won't look a plonker, I took my own lunch cause i'm a fussy eater, one thing I hate is when people make a big song and dance about it, so its easier to take my own!

and one final thing (phew i hear you all say) now it says in the kit there is enought o do few sets of nails, but you will need to buy more stuff in the shop like scrubfresh etc and i would like some creative enamels and i need something i can use as a gift for my donation to the school raffle too, so how much roughly would i need to bring for the shop, i mean , are we talking £50-£100 depending on what i buy or is it gonna be hundreds, what did you guys spend at first?Ispent as little as possible I am on a tight budget at the mo, see how you feel after the course

thanks in advance

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope this helps xx

thank you guys,

youve no idea how much better it is to feel that your not mad and other people worry the same as you do

pants and shirt for 2nd day it is

and i will wait until day 3 or 4 to worry about buying stuff

thanks again xxxxx

pants and shirt for 2nd day it is

I think it might look better if you actually wore trousers on top of your pants. It might be a little chilly if you don't. LOL

Have fun on your course. I'm so jelous. Wish I was going on it! Can't wait till I book mine (and now I'll know the answer to some of the worries I'm sure to have!)

Marion x

I personally would wear t-shirt the first day but have my tunic neatly folded in my bag so that I could change if i needed too.

I had to laugh at your entire post Nicky. I think we have all been there and done it, but as I was reading it, I started to get all het up and reading it faster and faster, as I imagined you typing it frantically!

I personally would wear t-shirt the first day but have my tunic neatly folded in my bag so that I could change if i needed too.

I had to laugh at your entire post Nicky. I think we have all been there and done it, but as I was reading it, I started to get all het up and reading it faster and faster, as I imagined you typing it frantically!

pmsl you must have been spying on me, thats exactly what i was doing lol

great idea hun, take my tunic with me, cos if no one else is wearing one, then ill be ok in my top

thanks for all the reassurance guys, you lot r great xxxx

I think it might look better if you actually wore trousers on top of your pants. It might be a little chilly if you don't. LOL

Have fun on your course. I'm so jelous. Wish I was going on it! Can't wait till I book mine (and now I'll know the answer to some of the worries I'm sure to have!)

Marion x

???? pants are trousers (or they are were i come from) what did you think i meant by pants? oh god not knickers lol, i just clicked by you saying id be chilly, didnt realise that some people call underwear pants pmsl:green:

it's that regional thing...:lol:

Pants are trousers to me too...but I know for some it means knickers...

Nicky be brave and make a statement...turn up in your shirt and knickers...

lol i was gonna say pants in my post coz thats what i call em but realised everyone else probably call em trousers :lol:
i only refer to undies as thongs :lol:

At the academy Im going to, she said I can hire out a nail trainer from them for a £75 deposit, but if you give them a cheque thay dont actually cash it.

thanks for all the advice guys , much appreciated xxxx

Latest posts

Back