MRSA - easy to control

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she was tested before so she could have her operation and after so she could go home.

they told her she had it so had to stay.

weeks later she was told it was gone so could leave!

it obviously hadn't gone and that is what carried on making her weak and attacking her system.

in the end she died!

fact is it doesn't bloody matter where it came from, it came from somewhere and killed her and it shouldn't be allowed!

CadenceAlex said:
many people carry the virus without being affected by it and without passing it on to others - it just lives in some people, as do other viruses.

and as for private hospitals being proud of their lack of MRSA, it doesn't help the poor sods or their families, dying in NHS hospitals everywhere else - but in the same vein, i can't see BUPA sending a report to the Daily Mail about how their hospitals have had an outbreak - I find it hard to believe that private hospitals don't have MRSA problems. BUT I do believe that we wouldn't hear about it if they did.

They dont usually have it because they test people for it before they are admitted to make sure they dont have it...NHS hospitals dont do this...that is why when I was given the choice of a private wing in and NHS hospital or a private hospital for my knee op I chose the private hospital. Maybe if the NHS hospitals adopted this routine too then it would help to cut down the number of people taking it in with them and passing it on. It is only when you get a wound that it can get into the body and start to attack the system other wise it just sits there doing nothing. NHS hospitals dont send reports to papers either, that they have had outbreaks of MRSA, most try to keep it quiet, it is the reporters inquiring into these things that brings it to light.

Fingertips ND said:
she was tested before so she could have her operation and after so she could go home.

it obviously hadn't gone and that is what carried on making her weak and attacking her system.

in the end she died!

fact is it doesn't bloody matter where it came from, it came from somewhere and killed her and it shouldn't be allowed!
They only tested me before NOT afterwards in the private hospital I was in.

well maybe all hospitals are different!

nailsbydesign said:
They dont usually have it because they test people for it before they are admitted to make sure they dont have it...NHS hospitals dont do this...that is why when I was given the choice of a private wing in and NHS hospital or a private hospital for my knee op I chose the private hospital. Maybe if the NHS hospitals adopted this routine too then it would help to cut down the number of people taking it in with them and passing it on. It is only when you get a wound that it can get into the body and start to attack the system other wise it just sits there doing nothing. NHS hospitals dont send reports to papers either, that they have had outbreaks of MRSA, most try to keep it quiet, it is the reporters inquiring into these things that brings it to light.

Private hospitals can afford to do this because the patients/clients pay good money to be treated there - if the NHS were to become this luxurious, private hospitals would not be needed. As it stands, unless there is a miracle, NHS hospitals will continue to be grubby and get worse until something drastic happens - or they take more money off taxpayers.

CadenceAlex said:
Private hospitals can afford to do this because the patients/clients pay good money to be treated there - if the NHS were to become this luxurious, private hospitals would not be needed. As it stands, unless there is a miracle, NHS hospitals will continue to be grubby and get worse until something drastic happens - or they take more money off taxpayers.
Well as far as I can see if they did do this MRSA testing in NHS hospitals then it would be prevention rather than cure as the cure part costs a lot more than this bit of prevention would....maybe this is something that they could start to help get it under control.

Fingertips ND said:

in the end she died!

sorry to hear about this hun , i bet its been a horrible time for you & your family xxxxxxxxxxx

nailsbydesign said:
Well as far as I can see if they did do this MRSA testing in NHS hospitals then it would be prevention rather than cure as the cure part costs a lot more than this bit of prevention would....maybe this is something that they could start to help get it under control.

I agree with you... and William Beveridge sure would be disappointed....

As I Live in Denmark I don´t know, but it sounds quite serious, so would just like to know

CadenceAlex said:
I agree with you... and William Beveridge sure would be disappointed....
Why would he be disappionted? He might have been involved with the start of the welfare state and in the beginning of the NHS which started on 5th July 1948 but I would have thought that getting to the bottom of this would actually make his NHS be a cause for celebration instead of what it is becoming today....unless this is NOT the Willaim Beveridge you are talking about or I have misunderstood what you mean.

MRSA is very serious and there are some sad personal situations quoted on here which I'm sure EVERYBODY wants to avoid at all costs.

The purpose of this thread was to:
1. highlight the very real danger of MRSA (not just in hospitals)
2. alert people to the fact that 35% of the population carry MRSA
3. advise people that it is relatively easy to control.

People wrongly associate MRSA with just hospitals. But any time the skin is abraided - even just a small graze - there is the risk of contracting it.

This is not meant to be alarmist, but to warn people of the very real dangers and to take preventative action.

When Chels was in hospital there was spirogel (the alcohol rub) at the end of each bed at the entrance to each room and also on entrance and exit to the wards.

I remember one time waiting at the front of the ward for the nurses to buzz me in, a man was stood there with his kids and one of them went for the spirigel, he slapped the boys hand down and said no its more important that you do this when leaving. I replied actually no it works both ways, I told him to imagine what the last 10 things he placed his hands on, ie going to the toilet eating lunch, and that he was then going into an infection controlled ward (cancer ward) where all or most of the kids are neutropenic (prone to infection) and touching things in there, including the child he was visiting.

He then went for the spirigel.:)

The kids were swabbed in there mouth, up there nose, in there groin and under there armpits every Monday, it was very well controlled, but then it has to be on a cancer ward.

It does make me cringe though, the number of people I saw not using the spirigel and it is readily available, if not just ask, better safe than sorry.

Latest posts

Back