MTV asked me to do lashes their new show!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautytreats75

Reaction score
I had the most bizare day yesterday! Came out of a clients house to find a voicemail on my phone.

The message said, hi this is beth calling from MTV. We're shooting a scene of our new show in cardiff today and would like you to come down to do some eyelashes on the girls who are in the show while filming it.
I this point im thinking someone me winding me up here! But no it was true!

Next thing i know im on my way, i turn up, do some filming, get paid and off home i go lol.
I still cant believe it really happened lol.

Anyway the show is on in august on mtv. Called The Valleys :) thought id share my experience with you all!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Well Done you that sounds really good fun!

Brill. Don't forget to remind us to watch nearer the date.

Ooh well done you!!

Ooo well done you! That's fab. Out of intrest and noseyness lol, did you get good money for something like that? Xx

Thats great well done, may lead on to bigger things :Dx

Oh Wow that's amazing!

Thanks ladies! Im afraid i was very honest and didnt add costs onto my usual price from lashes! Doh! But i did ask for petrol money. I should of asked for more money though (this is MTV aftet all!) on reflection as i only had 3 hours notice and had to re-arange my very understanding clients that were already booked in that afternoon. I too bloody honest for my own good sometimes!

Well done my lovely ... but yes, where was your business head lol.

Next time make sure you charge them ok ... but how cool is that xxxx

How fab is that, did you take pics that you can use? Think of your reputation now ;)

Don't forget to remind us..... Xx

Well done. It sounds like you made the best of your opportunity.

Did you ask how they found you? It's always useful to know what works.

You should get a testimonial from MTV or the clients you worked on now - before they get famous! Use it on leaflets / website / social media.

Well done you.

Lol i know i wad so excited i completly lost my business head!!

Didnt get a chance to take any photos. It was all so fast paced and there was so much filming, i wouldnt have felt very proffessional asking if i could take photos inbetween it all.

I forgot to say aswell the told me before i went down that i probably would only get my hands in shot, omg when i got there, they wanted to film me walking down the road with my couch and stool, then going into the house and setting up and even gave me lines to say when i started working lol.
Good job im used to being watched by alot of eyes whilst doing my job (i used to teach at a local college with classes of about 30 students in each class).
I just kept it together and got on with the job in hand. I really surprised myself with how cool snd collected i was lol

Hey make sure you slip that you worked on set for mtv onto any of your promotional stuff now!!
How exciting!
x

Good idea! Thanks :)

Well done. It sounds like you made the best of your opportunity.

Did you ask how they found you? It's always useful to know what works.

You should get a testimonial from MTV or the clients you worked on now - before they get famous! Use it on leaflets / website / social media.

Well done you.

My initial reaction too! Where on earth did they find you / who recommended you to them etc - you MUST find this info out in order to promote yourself even further!

How many hearts can I click to show my delight for you lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx

How fab!
Well done all round for grabbing the opportunity and keeping your cool.
Definitely make sure you're known for doing this in your vicinity!

Ive spoken to them again today and they've agreed to put something in writting saying about work i did for them :)))

Ive spoken to them again today and they've agreed to put something in writting saying about work i did for them :)))

Fab! I hope it's the start of much more to come xx

Latest posts

Back