MUA copy of invoice and MAC pro discount questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dales nails

Reaction score
Hi all. just a few quick questions that hopefully you can help me with.
I have just recently qualified as a MUA after attending the pixiwoo course. My aim is to start offereing bridal and occasion makeup.
I am in the process of building a kit and portfolio. I have applied for pro discount with cosmetic companies, i have been accepted for some but just had my Mac pro discount refused as more info is needed, i included a copy of my certificate and business card but they said they would like more, what else can i include to say im a working artist as i obv am in the process of building my makeup business? but at the same time need to build my kit.
I am doing a makeover for my sister on Sunday who is doing a time for print photoshoot, would there be something i can use from this to credit myself for doing the makeup, and therefor use it for applying for pro discount?
Also have any MUA got a copy of there invoices that they use for bridal work ?
I know so many questions feel like there is so much to sort out and get in place.x

They did that to me. I ended up not bothering via post. I walked into MAC store and did it there with all my certs and insurance doc x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I went to my local mac store before i posted. and they said they didnt do it in store now it all had to be done via post.:rolleyes: so annoying. i want to get it sorted ASAP as there is quite alot I want to get to build my kit up further and alot of what i need is MAC . hmmm

hmm, I sent them my certificates and business card and that is all I think. Maybe a link to your website if it has a porfolio on (you only need a couple of pictures)??

They just wanted more info to prove I'm a working artist, like a invoice. Call sheet , tear sheet, editorial credits etc, which is hard to get my hands on til start doing more work. That's why I wondered if theres anything I could use to credit myself for doing my sisters makeup for this photoshoot On sun? Any ideas? X

How did you find the pixiwoo course?

Really good and inspiring, thankyou.xx

hi
I had to send MAC all my certificates, business card and a price list before i was accepted! Have you tried Illamasqua? You can do it online i just sent 2 certificates and its free and i was accepted 3 days later MAC took me about a month!
xxx

Also you can buy Illamasqua online with the discount its automatically applied whereas MAC isnt? xxx

Yes i have got the llamasqua discount aswell as daniel sandler. Does anyone have a copy of a invoice that they use for bridal or shoots,? I have some Bridal trials late summer so would come in handy for that, also does anyone know whether i could some how use info to credit myself for the makeup im doing for a photo shoot this sun, so i can use it for pro discounts ? Just would like to get it sorted ASAP. x

I would just mock up an invoice in Word (there are usually templates for invoices anyway in there). They don't have to know it's for your sister!

I was thinking along those lines of doing that, it is going to be a professional photoshoot, just tfp. I suppose if my sister uses the images on her website she could credit me for doing the hair and makeup and print that out maybe? xx

I was thinking along those lines of doing that, it is going to be a professional photoshoot, just tfp. I suppose if my sister uses the images on her website she could credit me for doing the hair and makeup and print that out maybe? xx
Yeah definitely, if she credits you on the site, you might just need a link to send them!

Latest posts

Back