MUA course advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's me

Reaction score
hey everyone. Can Anyone recommend a makeup course? I’m looking for a reputable one that’s also accredited so it will allow me to get insurance to work as a MUA afterwards. I’m completely starting from scratch so I’m looking for one that’s recommended but also reasonably priced also. Many thanks x

Google for vtct level 3 makeup courses near you.

... so I’m looking for one that’s recommended but also reasonably priced also.

I understand the need to be financially prudent but when looking for training for something that you intend to make a career out of, I recommend prioritising quality over cost. Definitely compare college courses that lead to an industry recognised qualification with courses run by the major MUA training academies. Depending on the field you wish to work in, however, the MUA academy might have the edge in terms of industry contacts.

You can also do short courses via a beauty wholesaler and I’ve done these but I wouldn’t recommend them to you if your focus is on being a full time MUA. I think these courses are better suited to hairdressers and beauticians where knowledge of make-up is not the main focus for their work but is an added bonus.

Definitely be choosy though. I do think there are some places that charge thousands that aren't offering more than some of the more competitively priced places. Talk to some of the places you're considering to get a feel for if you think they are supportive and interested in helping you reach your goals

Latest posts

Back