MUA help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LLL19

Reaction score
hey,
for the past year or so i have had an extremely interest in makeup, through practicing on friends and family i soon found it was something i had a flair for , already being a hairdressers and working in a salon my boss decided it was something that she would like to introduce as a service in salon, i have attended a few courses since and the demand in salon had certainly increased, however i had been using my own personal collection of makeup from home, but now we would like to invest in a salon only makeup kit and here is where the advice is needed... we don't inparticulary want to go in with a brand that you have to do a lot os retail with... does anyone have any advice on any brands that do a starter kit ? or come in and do demos ....or would you say its better to go out shopping and create your own as i kit??
any advice will be much appreciated

thank you xxx

Create your own kit for the simple reason that it gives maximum freedom for getting in products that you like to work with.

Create your own kit for the simple reason that it gives maximum freedom for getting in products that you like to work with.
thank you for your reply much appreciated x

It depends what type of make-up you are doing. special occasion /glam make-up is very different to bridal make-up. to start with I would try to invest in as many palettes as possible as you are getting more value for money. The urban decay eye palettes you can't go wrong with my favourite ones are 2 and 3. I am also lusting over the smokey eyes urban decay palette. If you are looking for a brand to retail Art Deco make up is nice. I have two eye shadow palettes, lipgloss, powder and a bronzer. I have to say I do use these products on most client's. They have a big palette suitable for more mature skin as the shades are matt. I haven't used their foundation yet so can't say whether they are any good. If you would like to know anymore products that I use just PM me. I have been doing make-up for a year so my kit forever growing. x

Latest posts

Back