Mua setting powder-Mac or Ben Nye?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParissD

Reaction score
hey all. I'm struggling to decide on which one to buy for a baking powder.
I've used Ben nyes luxury powder in banana and love it. Never tried macs mineralise powder and wanting to compare and reviews for best please :)

Sorry I can't help with an answer but want to follow this because all I've done is research powder lately! Lol,x

Haha I would buy both if I could afford but still building my kit. I've heard all good things about Mac mineralise but I know banana powders good very fine and a little goes a long way so may get cameo now for under eyes and bake under cheek bones see how I get on :) x

Haha i would buy a hell of a lot if i wasnt still building my kit and in need of more essentials! Lol, I've read the banana powder can be a little dark on pale skin? Would you say so? :) x

Haha i would buy a hell of a lot if i wasnt still building my kit and in need of more essentials! Lol, I've read the banana powder can be a little dark on pale skin? Would you say so? :) x

Sorry to butt in but I use banana powder on myself, I'm Really pale and it's fine on me x

I do like banana powder but I've noticed on some dry ladies it 'clings' and that's when it can look muddy. It doesn't on me but then again I do tan x

Thanks ladies, :D I do love this forum, :D x

How do you apply it cheekychick ? Id like to know how to do it on pale skin so it doesn't end up muddy looking x

Have you tried the Nars translucent powder? I love it, it's suitable for all skin colours/ tones and isn't cakey at all. Give it a go.

I asked a make up artist friend of mine recently about this and she recommended Laura mercier HD setting powder.

Have you tried RCMA?

Have you tried the Nars translucent powder? I love it, it's suitable for all skin colours/ tones and isn't cakey at all. Give it a go.

How's baking with it ? I want that lighter finish under eyes you see x

Have you tried RCMA?
I've not, what colours and is it easy enough to work, as I found the bloody foundation palette hard to get used to x

How do you apply it cheekychick ? Id like to know how to do it on pale skin so it doesn't end up muddy looking x

Sorry I don't 'bake' with it. I just use it to set undereyes & to sharpen up where I've contoured. x

I've not, what colours and is it easy enough to work, as I found the bloody foundation palette hard to get used to x

Rcma no colour powder is another I use and love. It can be used on any skintone.

With regards to the rcma palette have you tried using a thinner with the foundation to make it easier to apply?
I sometimes scrape some onto the back of my hand, spray my foundation brush with a little urban decay setting spray or Mac fix+ mix around a little & apply with the brush. Makes it a lot easier to work with. x

Rcma no colour powder is another I use and love. It can be used on any skintone.

With regards to the rcma palette have you tried using a thinner with the foundation to make it easier to apply?
I sometimes scrape some onto the back of my hand, spray my foundation brush with a little urban decay setting spray or Mac fix+ mix around a little & apply with the brush. Makes it a lot easier to work with. x

I just really want that light undereye look and was told to bake. I use a lighter colour for under eye when concealing.
I've not no, I do dampen my sponge but with water rather than setting spray, is it better ? X

I just really want that light undereye look and was told to bake. I use a lighter colour for under eye when concealing.
I've not no, I do dampen my sponge but with water rather than setting spray, is it better ? X

I've never really tried to bake to be honest. A few of my mua friends have raved to me about Laura mercier (the pale yellow toned one) but I'm Yet to try it.

I apply the rcma foundation with a brush & setting spray and then add extra coverage using a beauty blender/sponge where needed.
Rcma do have their own foundation thinner to change the consistency but I haven't tried it myself as using the spray or Mac fix+ has worked okay for me. x

How's baking with it ? I want that lighter finish under eyes you see x
In my opinion I think it's a good powder, very good for baking. It gives a natural look, not cakey at all. If like me you're into the full on Kim k highlight and contour glam you'll like it! X

Latest posts

Back