Mua

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LillyGoose

Reaction score
Hello fellow geeks!

Im based around Cheltenham/Gloucestershire are.. And am thinking of getting into the make up side of weddings! I have been doing too many weddings (bridal hair)and many of my trusted clients who are getting married next year have asked me to do their make up.. knowing fully well I'm not qualified in that sector! However I wouldn't feel like I could do my best on them without the proper training..

So advice. For a newbie ...

Make up courses? What's the best ones to go for? X

Not to take anything away from training, some if the top MUAs had no makeup training at all.

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Not to take anything away from training, some if the top MUAs had no makeup training at all.

I know what you are saying but they will have worked as a kind of apprentice to get where they are and gain knowledge.

It is also important to study facial anatomy so that you understand how to mimic symmetry and how to accentuate or hide features. There are many routes within the art of make up, I would suggest if interested in special effects or theatre to go down a formal training route, I think it's very hard nowadays for anyone to take you on and show you the ropes without any previous experience in that particular area.

I trained in this way with a well known artist. Most people who take this route and are really passionate about make up choose this way rather than formal recognised training, especially if it is fashion that they are interested in. I also did make up several times as part of my formal training but lets be honest there is 0 comparison to the knowledge I received training and working alongside established artists x

Agreed, make up is very much about the passion and flair. It is something I personally feel comes naturally to the individual who wishes to become an MUA. It is already in them much like an artist with a natural talent for creating an exciting and beautiful piece of art work.

A good makeup training, however, can help you build your skills and should provide you with all you need to know about hygiene, facial skin anatomy, techniques such as blending, contouring etc... For some people this comes naturally but in order to work on the paying public, you would need a recognised training certificate for insurance purposes.

Google bridal makeup courses in your area and see what comes up. I think this may be a bit out of your way, but unless you are willing to travel, I did my initial bridal training with Natalie Page in Shropshire. Her courses are recognised by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapist with whom I am insured.

Good luck :biggrin: .

Latest posts

Back