MUA's photoshopping/filters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callm

Reaction score
Hi

I've just started with bridal & general make overs and every Facebook post I come across the make up looks so perfect! (sometimes more like a drawing/painting it's that good!) are these MUA'S using some kind of app (instagram etc) to filter these photos. It actually looks like the same app as they all look very similar? It really knocks my confidence. TIA x

I've seen some shockers on my wanders through instagram, MUAs that have turned people into oompaloompas! I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of posted pics aren't photoshopped at least slightly though.

Lots of them use the perfect 365 app. And You can spot it a mile off.
I use it on my Facebook for my personal pictures ;) but never on my business page

It basically instantly erases eye bags/circles & any blemishes .

Don't worry, those who have half a brain will be wise to it. Lol.
it used to knock my confidence but now just pushes me to work harder on achieving the best looks I possibly can without a filter :)
Xx

Last edited:
Lots of them use the perfect 365 app. And You can spot it a mile off.
I use it on my Facebook for my personal pictures ;)

It basically instantly erases eye bags/circles & any blemishes .

Don't worry, those who have half a brain will be wise to it. Lol.
it used to knock my confidence but now just pushes me to work harder on achieving the best looks I possibly can without a filter :)
Xx
Thank you so much, you're right u can spot it a mile off. I'll just need to keep practicing. Xx

When I first got an iphone I was like, yeah apps for removing my eye wrinkles!! Now I don't bother - my eye wrinkles are part of me and I'm 36 not 22. Don't see the point of posting obviously 'shopped pictures.

I feel the same about client photos, because I don't want to post unrealistic photos of my work. I'm a beautician, not a magician! Can't make those things disappear! :)

When I first got an iphone I was like, yeah apps for removing my eye wrinkles!! Now I don't bother - my eye wrinkles are part of me and I'm 36 not 22. Don't see the point of posting obviously 'shopped pictures.

I feel the same about client photos, because I don't want to post unrealistic photos of my work. I'm a beautician, not a magician! Can't make those things disappear! :)
This made me snigger.. Thank you xx

Latest posts

Back